Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Just figured I would throw this up right now. I'm at home still packing my snowboarding gear for a post work ride, I can't wait!
I had a great workout at the gym last night too!

Hope ya all have a great day!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
volleyball (won all 4 games) then picked up my wheel (free wheel upgrade/repaired) and then to a little wine/cheese party with mostly roadies in attendance..dragging today being I didnt get home til 1am

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's FRIDAY! WOO HOO! Well, it is for me because I am taking tomorrow off....using that extra holiday I get for working on MLK Day. Looking forward to another weekend of skiing. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Trainer last night (30 minutes, 10.4 miles - low resistance, fast spin) with the end of The Forgotten playing - cool movie, have to watch it again... I think I missed some stuff.

Not much on for today. Hoping to actually ride tomorrow - night snow ride... woohoo!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

The boss approached me yesterday about potentially creating and promoting me into an I.T. position to assist in the support of three local bankruptcy offices. Not PC support (helpdesk) type work, but to look at their processes, look at what's available, and help streamline their work so it's making the best use of available resources.

Nothing is definite and he needs to get the other offices on board with the idea but it's cool that he shows that kind of faith in me - it's not like I've been working there that long.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

The boss approached me yesterday about potentially creating and promoting me into an I.T. position to assist in the support of three local bankruptcy offices. Not PC support (helpdesk) type work, but to look at their processes, look at what's available, and help streamline their work so it's making the best use of available resources.

Nothing is definite and he needs to get the other offices on board with the idea but it's cool that he shows that kind of faith in me - it's not like I've been working there that long.
sounds like almost a consulting position. Regardless - good luck. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, at least you know your boss sees/appreciates your work.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Mornin Stosh, hung with my friend from Brooklyn last night, he had a pretty big ordeal trying to get onto the plane yesterday to get back to P-Burgh... his license had expired 8 hours prior to trying to board the flight (just had a birthday on tues) and they wouldn't let him on, so he had to spend $120 to go back to his apartment to get Soc. Sec. card and back to the airport again to get on the flight. We had a few beers and shot the sh!t.

I am taking Friday off so I can get ready for the wedding I am in this weekend... lots of work and lots of money for this one!:cool:

Have a great time on the slopes... we had some colder temps yesterday finally!!! I am sick of cleaning my bike from riding in the sloppy mud!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
caboverpete said:
mornin'

I start teaching for the semester tonight, it's always interesting meeting the new group I get to torture for 4 hours every thursday night for the next 15 weeks.

What do you teach?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

Nothing much going on here, just afternoon temps in the high seventies. Got to go for my P test today for the new job. They want me to start in two weeks and a couple of days, but I won't give notice till I know the lab work is complete. I don't do drugs, but I did work in a lab and I know mistakes can happen.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - worked late last night and then came home, made a fried egg samwich and then watch the War that Shaped America on PBS - pretty good series on the French and Indian War and now it is moving in to talk about the early stages of the Revolutionary War. I learned a lot about G. Washington through this show. He was almost killed several times fighting for the British in the French and Indian War - and he was also pretty much a land grabber. It is a good series. :thumb:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
MMcG said:
Morning - worked late last night and then came home, made a fried egg samwich and then watch the War that Shaped America on PBS - pretty good series on the French and Indian War and now it is moving in to talk about the early stages of the Revolutionary War. I learned a lot about G. Washington through this show. He was almost killed several times fighting for the British in the French and Indian War - and he was also pretty much a land grabber. It is a good series. :thumb:
Here is another interesting fact by told to us by my history teacher. I am not sure if it is true, but he said that during the French and Indian War George Washington made an assault on Fort Wilderness. He found that no one was in the fort, and that he was surrounded by the French and the Indians. He could either fight or surrender, so he surrendered and the French made him sign a peace treaty. The peace treaty that he signed was written in all French and essentially gave the French all of America. Of course this was not honored, but my history teacher is banned from Mount Vernon because he is published as saying that George Washington was a "21 year old idiot who gave away the nation."

Other than that I am doing well, my bike is almost together, just need brakes and a saddle then it will be where I want it.

Got most of my work done, but I still have a little bit more to do tonight before I can kick back and relax.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!!

jeesh rough commute in this morning... lots of wind!!
as I pedaled on all I could think about was the "grandpa" story... When i was your age i used to walk 15 miles to school, uphill both ways...

Last night I had dinner at MOM's , There is nothing like homemade chicken Parm, with baked ziti , sausage, meatballs, pork...made from an italian woman!!!!:drool: good stuff , and the bonus is I have some for lunch today!!!

tonight will be tune-up the jeep night.... thats always an adventure

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
hey MMcG - did any of the RM movie recommendations work out for you? and did you get my email re: cd burning ok?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
sounds like almost a consulting position.
Well, yeah - I would still be working for this office that I'm in now so it won't interfere with benefits or anything. It's very much a "project" job like a consulting position, though, in that I'll have very little in the way of regular, repetitive daily activities.

Regardless - good luck.
Thanks! I'd be excited if it panned out but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've noticed that things seem to move slower down here :)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
hooples3 said:
Last night I had dinner at MOM's , There is nothing like homemade chicken Parm, with baked ziti , sausage, meatballs, pork...made from an italian woman!!!!:drool: good stuff , and the bonus is I have some for lunch today!!!
Cannibalism? Thats uh, cool...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
hey MMcG - did any of the RM movie recommendations work out for you? and did you get my email re: cd burning ok?
Haven't rented a movie since that thread, and yep I got the email! Thanks!

Burning has been put on hold too. Too busy I guess. :dead:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
in that I'll have very little in the way of regular, repetitive daily activities.
that could be a very attractive part of the job.

binary visions said:
Thanks! I'd be excited if it panned out but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've noticed that things seem to move slower down here :)
yea, tell me about it - I work for the state... we define the term "slow"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jacksonpt said:
that could be a very attractive part of the job.

yea, tell me about it - I work for the state... we define the term "slow"
Slow in NY is fast anywhere else, especially when it comes to restaurants, grocery stores etc.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Slow in NY is fast anywhere else, especially when it comes to restaurants, grocery stores etc.
I had to call this place in Florida yesterday about a car wash we need to spec out and I swear the guy was talking backwards. I was already done with the conversation and he was still on the greeting.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
You guys finally getting some decent conditions out there?
They had been good until a warm, rainy week last week. :mumble: This past Sunday's conditions weren't that great, but better than I expected. From what I hear, this weekend should good again (it's been cold and snowing at Mt Snow).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
I had to call this place in Florida yesterday about a car wash we need to spec out and I swear the guy was talking backwards. I was already done with the conversation and he was still on the greeting.
When I first moved out of NY people kept telling me I talked too fast, I just told them they listened too slow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
When I first moved out of NY people kept telling me I talked too fast, I just told them they listened too slow.
I know this is a review question but where did you live in NY?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
:stupid:

Everything happens slowly down here. People move slowly, talk slowly, get things done slowly. Just a different way of living.

The only thing they don't do is drive slowly - I've never lived in a place where I felt uncomfortable going the speed limit on some of the roads :dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
They had been good until a warm, rainy week last week. :mumble: This past Sunday's conditions weren't that great, but better than I expected. From what I hear, this weekend should good again (it's been cold and snowing at Mt Snow).
We've got a Steamboat trip coming up the middle of next week and it looks like snow is in the forecast for the next 10 days! Hope you guys get some of the goods, too. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Grew up outside Poughkeepsie, went to college up in Potsdam.
Yeah I thought I remembered you saying you went to The Chance before.

Where outside Poughkeepsie did you live? I think you me and Beth are the only people who know how to spell Poughkeepsie.