Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
:stupid:

Everything happens slowly down here. People move slowly, talk slowly, get things done slowly. Just a different way of living.

The only thing they don't do is drive slowly - I've never lived in a place where I felt uncomfortable going the speed limit on some of the roads :dead:
Worst place I have ever been for "speed" is the PNW. Everyone drives much slower than the speed limit, even when there is no traffic and you better eat before going out to eat because you could starve to death before you get served.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Worst place I have ever been for "speed" is the PNW. Everyone drives much slower than the speed limit, even when there is no traffic and you better eat before going out to eat because you could starve to death before you get served.
Ha, that's funny!

Around here, the waitresses get pissed off if you aren't ready to order your food with your drink order.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Yeah I thought I remembered you saying you went to The Chance before.

Where outside Poughkeepsie did you live? I think you me and Beth are the only people who know how to spell Poughkeepsie.
LaGrange, not to far from Arlington HS. Drove by my old house on the way back from Dalton last year. Bastards have build the nastiest looking McMansions on all the old woods where I used to ride and in general "grew up". The freaking Garages on the places are literally bigger than the house I grew up in.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Worst place to drive I have experienced is long island...insanity. And nothing tops people in the HOV lanes with their car filled with blow up dolls.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
LaGrange, not to far from Arlington HS. Drove by my old house on the way back from Dalton last year. Bastards have build the nastiest looking McMansions on all the old woods where I used to ride and in general "grew up". The freaking Garages on the places are literally bigger than the house I grew up in.
How old are you?
I had a friend from LaGrange named John Bergurelli (sp?) he was a bit older than me.

There are McMansions all over the place up here. Lagrange is now considered a location for commuters for people who work in Westchester and Putnam.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Hey, I Are Baboon,

my aunt and uncle from Manhattan used to have a place right in West Dover, it was up on the right side of Rt. 100 overlooking Mt. Snow and Haystack mountain
it was a small weekend place with only 9 bedrooms, (it was 11 bedrooms) untill they took 2 of the bedrooms and 3 of the 5 car garage bays to make a gym, hot tub, sauna, and steamroom. the place was awesome, but they got sick of the commute and since their kids are all grown up and didn't use it, they sold it this past summer. You couldn't tell how big it was from the street, but when you went around back it was a 3 story monster with decks off of every level leading to a sweet back yard with a spring fed pond and a sand volley ball court!

My Wife and I spent our honeymoon there, and used it as a launching pad for daily excursions. As I have said I LOVE VT:love:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Worst place to drive I have experienced is long island...insanity. And nothing tops people in the HOV lanes with their car filled with blow up dolls.
You're joking right?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
How old are you?
I had a friend from LaGrange named John Bergurelli (sp?) he was a bit older than me.

There are McMansions all over the place up here. Lagrange is now considered a location for commuters for people who work in Westchester and Putnam.

I'm 31 left the area in '92. When I lived there Lagrange was a suburb of IBM.

The Mcmansion thing started when I was in HS.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I'm 31 left the area in '92. When I lived there Lagrange was a suburb of IBM.

The Mcmansion thing started when I was in HS.
My dad works for IBM in East Fishkill.

Your family leave the area too?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
You're joking right?
No, I've seen it. I've seen several driving but the best one I saw was one guy who was pulled over with the blow-up doll in his car.

I would have liked to hear that conversation :D

Long island does suck for driving.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
My dad works for IBM in East Fishkill.

Your family leave the area too?
Everyone except my brother. Dumbass lives in Westchester then commutes to East Fishkill, IBM of course.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Everyone except my brother. Dumbass lives in Westchester then commutes to East Fishkill, IBM of course.
is he dyslexic?

What's he do in East Fishkill?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
is he dyslexic?

What's he do in East Fishkill?
Erectrical Enginmaneer. Packaging design. Not cardboard box packaging but packaging of custom processors onto the ceramic substrate and mounting pins type stuff.

What does your pops do?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - but I *am* older than that............ :p
Dude, if you were as old as you post, your arthritic fingers wouldn't be able to bend to grasp the mouse.

And even if they could, your senile mind wouldn't be able to hold onto an idea long enough to get it typed.

;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
But I *am* that old.......... :think:
Figures. Do you have one of those dictating machines?

And if you do, does it insert your "lisp" asterisks for you or do you have to give a specific command for it?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
I've noticed that things seem to move slower down here :)
**snicker**

Just wait till you need an oil change.

.....But the upshot is, we make grits and gravy 2.3 minutes faster than the rest of the grit-eating, gravy making world. You add that up over a lifetime, and that equals out to a heart attack 12.8 years faster than the average northern adult counterpart. :p

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
stosh said:
You're joking right?
about what? That is the worst place I have been driving because people are super aggressive and I am not. And I have seen people in the HOV lanes with blow up or cardboard people in an attempt to avoid traffic.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
GumbaFish said:
about what? That is the worst place I have been driving because people are super aggressive and I am not. And I have seen people in the HOV lanes with blow up or cardboard people in an attempt to avoid traffic.
\

Try driving in Detroit, it's awesome. Only place I have done 80 in a 35 and was just going with the flow of traffic.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
**snicker**

Just wait till you need an oil change.
Oh, I know. I had my girlfriend's car in the shop for an oil change (a scheduled one, not a walk-in) and was there for about an hour, before the guy called me into the garage to show me some cracks in the serpentine belt. I said okay, we'd make an appointment to get that fixed. He said, "Fine. All I need to do now is put the oil in and it'll be good to go."

WTF was he doing for an hour? Unscrewing the oil filter? Oh well, the shop is generally nice.

.....But the upshot is, we make grits and gravy 2.3 minutes faster than the rest of the grit-eating, gravy making world. You add that up over a lifetime, and that equals out to a heart attack 12.8 years faster than the average northern adult counterpart. :p
Grits are nasty and gravy is only to be used on the specific piece of meat you made it from.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
He installs/maintains the 300mm machines.
He was working in Yorktown for a while but now he's back up in East Fishkill.

Westy said:
Erectrical Enginmaneer. Packaging design. Not cardboard box packaging but packaging of custom processors onto the ceramic substrate and mounting pins type stuff.

What does your pops do?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's funny that there can be about 10 conversations going on at the same time in one thread.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Oh, I know. I had my girlfriend's car in the shop for an oil change (a scheduled one, not a walk-in) and was there for about an hour, before the guy called me into the garage to show me some cracks in the serpentine belt. I said okay, we'd make an appointment to get that fixed. He said, "Fine. All I need to do now is put the oil in and it'll be good to go."

WTF was he doing for an hour? Unscrewing the oil filter? Oh well, the shop is generally nice.

Grits are nasty and gravy is only to be used on the specific piece of meat you made it from.
I eat grits with Syrup on them, is that a "northern" thing?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's also probably got something to do w/ the fact that they are never sure when their american-made car is gonna sh!t the bed, so they drive as fast as possible to minimize the drive time. :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
I eat grits with Syrup on them, is that a "northern" thing?
Man...that straight up rocks!

I like grilled salmon and grits, shrimp and grits, country ham and grits, grits-n-butter, grits with syrup, grits with grits and grits-n-gravy.........but I ain't down with just plain grits.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
it's also probably got something to do w/ the fact that they are never sure when their american-made car is gonna sh!t the bed, so they drive as fast as possible to minimize the drive time. :D
You know in Michigan they salt the $hit out of the roads to insure that the cars rot to pieces in 5 years so that everyone buys a new car frequently.

Michigan sucks.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys! I am 2-3 cm dilated and still no baby, but plenty of contractions so hopefully things will progress well. My Dr. said she wouldn't be surprised if I came in for delivery within the next 24-48 hours (that was yesterday at 4pm). Other than that not too much else going on today. The stupid guy at Lowes sold us the wrong conversion kit (Butane instead of Propane) so we have to go and get the right one before we can finish the hook-up. I also have some pictures of the finished nursery that I have been meaning to post so I will have to get to that at some point today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skedaddles said:
You know in Michigan they salt the $hit out of the roads to insure that the cars rot to pieces in 5 years so that everyone buys a new car frequently.

Michigan sucks.
Not to mention the bomb crater size pot holes. Last time I was up there there was a huge accident cause by a care that went airborne over the divider into oncoming traffic after hitting a pot hole.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:

I like grilled salmon and grits, shrimp and grits, country ham and grits, grits-n-butter, grits with syrup, grits with grits and grits-n-gravy.........but I ain't down with just plain grits.
Do you know forrest gump?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning monkeys! I am 2-3 cm dilated and still no baby, but plenty of contractions so hopefully things will progress well. My Dr. said she wouldn't be surprised if I came in for delivery within the next 24-48 hours (that was yesterday at 4pm). Other than that not too much else going on today. The stupid guy at Lowes sold us the wrong conversion kit (Butane instead of Propane) so we have to go and get the right one before we can finish the hook-up. I also have some pictures of the finished nursery that I have been meaning to post so I will have to get to that at some point today.
Man I'm glad I'm done eating before I read that.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

BUBBA Gump Grits?