Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry I'm late!

Had to get some stuff mailed out this morning!!!

Got my board in the truck to go riding tonight! I can't wait! It's nice and WARM today!!! Should be good and soft!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all, I'm actually a little confused because it was supposed to snow today but actually looks like its kind of nice. Honestly I really wanted the snow. Treesaw hope you pop the baby out soon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
Morning. Still hoping to get out and ride, have to go to a land use hearing this afternoon.
Oh really, what's the hearing about exactly?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning all.

Ifinally got a half way decent night's sleep last night. Got a buttlod of crap to do today and tomorrow - today is my daughter's birthday, and tomorrow we are leaving for florida (vacation) - so between now and then, we have to get the dogs dropped off at the kennel, confirm our hotel stay, airline tickets, and car rental, celebrate Emma's 4th birthday, and I have a crapload of work that absolutely HAS to be done before I leave for vaca.

I suspect I'll end up doign a lot of the work from home tonight after the kids go to bed.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning monkeys! I just saw an accident outside my office window...again. It's a bad intersection w/o a light. I see about three crashes a month. This one was between a car and a minivan. The car got it's front bumper ripped off. Whammo!!

Had a CRAPPY workout at the gym last night. It appears that when I shed pounds, my lifts go down. When I'm fatter, I'm stronger. Funny how that works.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning monkeys! I just saw an accident outside my office window...again. It's a bad intersection w/o a light. I see about three crashes a month. This one was between a car and a minivan. The car got it's front bumper ripped off. Whammo!!

Had a CRAPPY workout at the gym last night. It appears that when I shed pounds, my lifts go down. When I'm fatter, I'm stronger. Funny how that works.
The weight you can lift or the reps?

stosh said:
Oh really, what's the hearing about exactly?
Whether or not Vermont should give up title to old roads, many of which we use as trails:

STATE OF VERMONT
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
HOUSE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS
Rep. Cola Hudson
Rep. Jim Hutchinson
Rep. Sylvia Kennedy
Rep. Mary Morrissey
Rep. Carolyn Partridge

4:30 - 6:30 p.m. H.701 - Ancient Roads
Public Hearing on Vermont Interactive Television

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:

blew off my rowing machine stint to head out to dinner w/ my project boss and some people from Fluor. good meal (potato-leek soup, braised venison w/ glazed winter root vegetables). had a greek wine which was ok but not great; they were out of the gigondas i'd ordered.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
Whether or not Vermont should give up title to old roads, many of which we use as trails:

STATE OF VERMONT
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
HOUSE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS
Rep. Cola Hudson
Rep. Jim Hutchinson
Rep. Sylvia Kennedy
Rep. Mary Morrissey
Rep. Carolyn Partridge

4:30 - 6:30 p.m. H.701 - Ancient Roads
Public Hearing on Vermont Interactive Television
ROFL @ Ancient Roads

J

JRB

Good morning. They do grow, Burley. Stop posting and get to watering.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am the greatest bike mechanic ever.;)

Friend of mine has a brand new Fox100RLT that won't hold air. He sent it back to fox twice, they went so far as to not just replace the seals but the uppers and lowers, but it still leaked. In frustration I had him let me tear it down. It looked like the top of the air piston was not properly pinned to the shaft. I threw in the air piston from a "parts" fork I have and it worked brilliantly. Fox is now sending him a new air piston.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey folks!

Just popping in to say "Hi"

Busy week but not a lot has been going out the door. Weird. Every day has been dragging along like Star Jones in the hundred yard dash.

Stosh...your after work snowboarding adventures sound like a great way to forget about the workday. I wish I lived a bit closer to the mtns. to be able to take off after work and ride for a few hours. Our "Winter" has been extremely disappointing in terms of the ski season, but absolutely stunning for riding and trailwork. 6 of one, one-half dozen of another...

The weekend is looking nice....supposed to head out Saturday with my pops to the beach to test ride a new deep sea fishing boat. The weather is supposed to be cooperative, so it should be quite pleasant.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hey folks!

Just popping in to say "Hi"

Busy week but not a lot has been going out the door. Weird. Every day has been dragging along like Star Jones in the hundred yard dash.

Stosh...your after work snowboarding adventures sound like a great way to forget about the workday. I wish I lived a bit closer to the mtns. to be able to take off after work and ride for a few hours. Our "Winter" has been extremely disappointing in terms of the ski season, but absolutely stunning for riding and trailwork. 6 of one, one-half dozen of another...

The weekend is looking nice....supposed to head out Saturday with my pops to the beach to test ride a new deep sea fishing boat. The weather is supposed to be cooperative, so it should be quite pleasant.
It's funny, I ride with a fellow architectural drafter, a guy who owns a blueprint shop and some contractors so work is always a topic. Although usually we just make fun of all the young kids who are 10x better than us.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone. Looking forward to Superbowl weekend.

Trying to squeeze some audio equipment (receiver + speakers) into my budget at some point. Audio stuff is freakin' expensive :(. Of course, part of it is that I'm a geek and want to drool over the $1000 Harmon Kardon receiver when the truth of the matter is I'll do great with the budget Yamaha I've got my eye on, and couldn't afford the speakers to make the HK shine anyway.

Gonna sell a few things (Playstation which I never use, some games, maybe some of the hardware I've got in drawers) to contribute to the budget.

Gotta call the landlord and get angry today. Situation still not resolved with the ass above us, and he claimed he was going to be "gone on business" all week so he couldn't move - well, he's been home the whole week. :angry:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning everyone. Looking forward to Superbowl weekend.

Trying to squeeze some audio equipment (receiver + speakers) into my budget at some point. Audio stuff is freakin' expensive :(. Of course, part of it is that I'm a geek and want to drool over the $1000 Harmon Kardon receiver when the truth of the matter is I'll do great with the budget Yamaha I've got my eye on, and couldn't afford the speakers to make the HK shine anyway.

Gonna sell a few things (Playstation which I never use, some games, maybe some of the hardware I've got in drawers) to contribute to the budget.

Gotta call the landlord and get angry today. Situation still not resolved with the ass above us, and he claimed he was going to be "gone on business" all week so he couldn't move - well, he's been home the whole week. :angry:
Is the problem with the guy above that he is/was loud?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
the good thing about quality audio stuff is that it generally lasts a long time. my speakers are 20 years old, and my amp/pre-amp is about 15. the only stuff i've had to replace really have been cd players and styluses.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all!

Echo - congrats on the dart game. Sounds like you guys may win the tourney this year!!!

Gumba-Thanks...I hope she comes out soon too.

Yesterday I went to the Dr. office and got poked and prodded and hooked up to the fetal monitors to see how the little monkey is. Aparently she's comfy and isn't in a rush to come out. :rolleyes: I have another appointment on Friday to see what we can do to ease her out soon! I'm hoping I won't need the appointment, but probably will :( Today I believe I may drive down to Saratoga and walk around downtown for a while. We'll see if that helps.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Reactor said:
Morning all,

SSDD. Colds suck.

Treesaw, you having that baby extracted yet?
Not yet...we're meeting again on Friday to make more decisions. I really want natural labor so I can be mobile so we're hoping to hold off on induction. We'll see.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jacksonpt said:
Oh, forgot to mention... watch Into The Blue last night... visually it was VERY impressive.
And Jessica Alba is a total hottie.

Morning monkeys.

I just got satisfaction from tearing our phys instructor a new one for not doing HIS work on our lab reports, got some extra points, and released some angst on his dumb ass.

Other than that, nothing much to report. Heading downstate tonight after class to visit Beth, and spending the weekend riding (hopefully) and eating good food.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
Look at an NAD - IMO, better sound than the HK (definitely better than the Yamaha) for well under a grand. I've got the T753 and I love it.

HT is like buying a new bike - put your money into a good receiver (like the frame) so it's worth upgrading/building on as you go. Then put money into the speakers (like tires) as they have the biggest impact on sound for the least amount of money.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
stosh said:
Is the problem with the guy above that he is/was loud?
He stomps around like an effing elephant, especially in the bedroom...and early in the morning for about an hour at a time. :angry: Not only does the entire apartment shake and bang, but so do the hanging lamps, and my jewelry box, which sits on a bureau. I am about 24 hours from checking myself into an effing institution. At least it'll be quiet there with the padded walls! I contemplated taking bv's pellet gun up there and doing target practice...a lead pellet in the urethra should quiet the @$$ monkey down! :mumble:

Edit: We have not been able to sleep in one day since we have lived down here (6+ months) :angry:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
the good thing about quality audio stuff is that it generally lasts a long time. my speakers are 20 years old, and my amp/pre-amp is about 15. the only stuff i've had to replace really have been cd players and styluses.
I'd love to upgrade my audio system but my living room has such horrible acoustics it is not worth it. Vaulted ceilings connected to the dining room with no walls, kitchen connected with walls that don't go all the way to the ceilings, hardwood floors and sparse furniture make for a booming echo chamber.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!!
I started an on the bike training program yesterday. its meant to make me into a stronger rider overall. I am incorporating it with weight lifting in hopes to ride stronger/better and shed some pounds. Most of the rides are longer, endurance rides. the least amount of time spent on the bike is 1 1/2hrs. that also includes various intervals.. pretty interesting and very do-able

Have a great day!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
antimony said:
He stomps around like an effing elephant, especially in the bedroom...and early in the morning for about an hour at a time. :angry: Not only does the entire apartment shake and bang, but so do the hanging lamps, and my jewelry box, which sits on a bureau. I am about 24 hours from checking myself into an effing institution. At least it'll be quiet there with the padded walls! I contemplated taking bv's pellet gun up there and doing target practice...a lead pellet in the urethra should quiet the @$$ monkey down! :mumble:

Edit: We have not been able to sleep in one day since we have lived down here (6+ months) :angry:
Have you talked to the apartment complex? Would they let you change apartments?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:

Um... yeah... you might not want to be around any sharp objects for a while.

Is he phat or something?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
Look at an NAD - IMO, better sound than the HK (definitely better than the Yamaha) for well under a grand. I've got the T753 and I love it.
I'm not spending "under a grand", I'm spending "a third or less of a grand" :p

The Yamaha I'm looking at has been widely reviewed and is generally regarded as about the best receiver for under a thousand bucks that you can buy.

I'm not putting together an expensive system here... Couple inexpensive speakers that are good enough to be used as surrounds if I upgrade. I've been poking around in a bunch of audio forums and the Yamaha RX-V#57 (557, 657, 757) series receivers are very highly regarded as being some of the best receivers you can buy for the bucks.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Westy said:
Have you talked to the apartment complex? Would they let you change apartments?
They are supposed to be moving him. We have thought about it, but it is really unappealing. We just moved all our stuff 800+ miles down here after weeks of packing and throwing stuff out, and turning our lives upside down...not to mention we would have to spend $ to get services re-hooked up and such, and we are trying to save for med school, house, vacation...

J

JRB

antimony said:

We lived under his sister in Austin. I finally went up and knocked, and she miraculously heard it over the techon, and she came to the door. I just looked at her feet for a couple of minutes. She asked, "may I help you, are you just some weirdo"??? I replied that I was a weirdo, but I mostly just wanted to see if she had anvils strapped to her feet. She stopped stomping later that day. If that doesn't work, knock and run at all hours of the night.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
stosh said:
Um... yeah... you might not want to be around any sharp objects for a while.

Is he phat or something?
Yea, pretty much...I'm a brute. No, he's not 'phat.' When we originally complained the prop. mgr. said he was a "big guy," but not so much. I would say he is like 5'10" - 6'0" and weighs 200 or less...normal looking guy, I would say.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys!!!
I started an on the bike training program yesterday. its meant to make me into a stronger rider overall. I am incorporating it with weight lifting in hopes to ride stronger/better and shed some pounds. Most of the rides are longer, endurance rides. the least amount of time spent on the bike is 1 1/2hrs. that also includes various intervals.. pretty interesting and very do-able

Have a great day!!

Is this is a book/video? Or something you created?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
I'm not spending "under a grand", I'm spending "a third or less of a grand" :p
Ah, lol - I gotcha. I had a yamaha once upon a time - it was a solid reciever. I'd buy another if my local shop carried them. What speakers are you looking at?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
loco said:
We lived under his sister in Austin. I finally went up and knocked, and she miraculously heard it over the techon, and she came to the door. I just looked at her feet for a couple of minutes. She asked, "may I help you, are you just some weirdo"??? I replied that I was a weirdo, but I mostly just wanted to see if she had anvils strapped to her feet. She stopped stomping later that day. If that doesn't work, knock and run at all hours of the night.
Maybe I'll try that. I was actually just thinking about banging a suitcase against the ceiling repeatedly, but bv stopped that. :think: