Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Got my snowboard loaded up to go riding this evening.

Other than that not much else to report!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's cold.

I got a ticket for BRMC on the 22nd.

It seems I missed Son Volt last week.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!

Damn Stosh... you've been hitting the mountains 2-3 times a week!!! Nice!!! you better keep it up when Bike season comes back!!!
I wound up going on a night ride last night with a friend. The weather wasnt so bad once the wind died down. after about 40 minutes though I got sick, I felt lightheaded and had a huge headache so we headed home. today im gonna just take it easy.. I didnt even take the bike to work.
yesterday i had a great practice with my girls.. we have a big weekend ahead.. playoffs... we are in 5th place playing the #2 spot.. should be interesting. They neat us early in the season but we whooped them a few weeks ago.. Im looking forward to it

Have a great day people!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stevew said:
It's cold.

I got a ticket for BRMC on the 22nd.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Not much going on here. My boss emailed me and told me he'd be swinging by this afternoon or tomorrow morning to give me my annual/monetary review. Cross your fingers that I get a decent raise, I could use the $$!! Other than that, I've got to put the light on the charger tonight as I've got a night-ride planned for afterwork tomorrow. Supposed to snow and be around 22 degrees. WooHoo!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Almost done all of my work that is due this week. Too bad I have to go back and finish the second half of what is turning out to be a 6 hour lab. That time estimate does not include the write up either. I can't wait until the weekend, I think Lincoln Woods is in the works as well as going ice skating.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys!!

Damn Stosh... you've been hitting the mountains 2-3 times a week!!! Nice!!! you better keep it up when Bike season comes back!!!
I wound up going on a night ride last night with a friend. The weather wasnt so bad once the wind died down. after about 40 minutes though I got sick, I felt lightheaded and had a huge headache so we headed home. today im gonna just take it easy.. I didnt even take the bike to work.
yesterday i had a great practice with my girls.. we have a big weekend ahead.. playoffs... we are in 5th place playing the #2 spot.. should be interesting. They neat us early in the season but we whooped them a few weeks ago.. Im looking forward to it

Have a great day people!!
It's funny, for the past 2-4 years my friends have been scattered and many had night jobs. Now we're all older so we have 9-5 jobs that plus I have a new friend I met and he's got friends who board. We were 8 strong on Tuesday. It freaking rocked! It hasn't been like that since high school ski trips.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I have no idea what you're talking about.
BRMC = black rebel motorcycle club (offshoot from Brian Jonestown Massacre). good band.

son volt = jay farrar side of the post-Uncle Tupelo split (wilco being the jeff tweedy side)

i am toying w/ the idea of getting tickets to see Belle & Sebastian at the end of the month.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Not much going on here. My boss emailed me and told me he'd be swinging by this afternoon or tomorrow morning to give me my annual/monetary review. Cross your fingers that I get a decent raise, I could use the $$!! Other than that, I've got to put the light on the charger tonight as I've got a night-ride planned for afterwork tomorrow. Supposed to snow and be around 22 degrees. WooHoo!
Good luck man!!!
He's swinging by your office?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
BRMC = black rebel motorcycle club (offshoot from Brian Jonestown Massacre). good band.

son volt = jay farrar side of the post-Uncle Tupelo split (wilco being the jeff tweedy side)

i am toying w/ the idea of getting tickets to see Belle & Sebastian at the end of the month.
GOttcha, thanks!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I went to spin class last night. It was the first time in a while I've done any pedaling of any kind. It felt good! :thumb: I got there 15 minutes early so I got in an hour workout instead of 45 minutes.

Man, spinning is so much more tolerable than sitting on my trainer.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Good luck man!!!
He's swinging by your office?
Thanks. :)

Yeah, his area covers the whole state so he travels between Monticello, Saratoga, Fingerlakes, Buffalo and Batavia. He's only here in 'toga like a day or two a month. The rest of the time I work by myself.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning all! As usual, not much new here. Excited that tomorrow is Friday, and looking forward to my tax refund...it's a good one! Also hoping that the idiot upstairs may be moving out this weekend, or very soon. I've got my fingers crossed... Have a good Thursday everyone! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Thanks. :)

Yeah, his area covers the whole state so he travels between Monticello, Saratoga, Fingerlakes, Buffalo and Batavia. He's only here in 'toga like a day or two a month. The rest of the time I work by myself.
What the F' do you guys have in Monticello? That place is like 15min from me, what a freaking dump!!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had an excellent Wednesday Night Ride last night. All single speeds. Starting temp was 75 and still 65 when we wrapped up. Nice to go out and work up a sweat without extra layers.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
What the F' do you guys have in Monticello? That place is like 15min from me, what a freaking dump!!
Yeah, I've been there....dump city!

The company I work for does the networking for the slot machines at the Racinos around the state. One of which is at the harness track in Monticello.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, I've been there....dump city!

The company I work for does the networking for the slot machines at the Racinos around the state. One of which is at the harness track in Monticello.
Let me know if you're ever up there again!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

I just started writing a 2 page paper on curriculum blah blah blah for grad class! and it sucks:drool: (not the paper the subject... then again the paper may also suck)

its cold outside... almost too cold for riding, so I am thinking about scheduling a local ski trip with the students cause our VT trip got cancelled due to lack of people... i'm bummed!!!:dead:

Gotta get back to the paper... have a great day...

Stosh I checked out the mountains site the other day... it looks like its a really nice MTN, with some new developing going on!

J

JRB

stevew said:
<snip>
Bummer - I like those guys.

edit - oh yeah - good morning.

I hope to ride the cross bike, or do an urban ride this evening. I have to get brakes and a front derailleur on the Haro to get it going.

*stosh and stinky - all parts are mailing today. Julie got tied up yesterday. stosh - the spacers I told you about are just inside the box. I taped them so they can't come out, but just telling you to look for them.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning! Another springlike day here so I'll go riding at lunch AGAIN. Last night I got the steerer tube on my fork cut so I could take all the dang spacers out. Now it's all set-up and ready to go. WOOHOO

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Now that I got the ridiculous stack of spacers outta there, I'll take some pics. I'll wait till it gets light out though.

J

JRB

Heidi said:
Now that I got the ridiculous stack of spacers outta there, I'll take some pics. I'll wait till it gets light out though.
But now people can't tell you how many spacers you should have on your fork, stem, etc. I always love how people that don't own a bike bitch about someone else's spacers. I LOVE it. :mumble:

*waiting patiently.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

Next to last day on the current job. I'm supposed to spend four hours teaching a couple of coworkers all the things they've spent the last nine years avoiding learning about. It will take that long to learn how to install the software they need.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning all,

I just started writing a 2 page paper on curriculum blah blah blah for grad class! and it sucks:drool: (not the paper the subject... then again the paper may also suck)

its cold outside... almost too cold for riding, so I am thinking about scheduling a local ski trip with the students cause our VT trip got cancelled due to lack of people... i'm bummed!!!:dead:

Gotta get back to the paper... have a great day...

Stosh I checked out the mountains site the other day... it looks like its a really nice MTN, with some new developing going on!
Yeah Intra West purchased it and is pumping a ton of money into it for sure. You should see the huge f'ing hotel/condo building. Hopefully they'll improve the parking and lodge soon. The only complaint I have is all the staff are from other countries and under 21.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
The only complaint I have is all the staff are from other countries and under 21.
its better than the a-hole country bumkins that are complete jerks and then charge you out the yinyang for everything at the local place here. that gives me little hope for our society when I see "homebred" "nativeland" A-holes breeding and making more:mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
its better than the a-hole country bumkins that are complete jerks and then charge you out the yinyang for everything at the local place here. that gives me little hope for our society when I see "homebred" "nativeland" A-holes breeding and making more:mumble:
Oh man the new snowboarder style is to wear their pants around their knees.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Ahhh yes, Thursday.....or as I like to call it "Little Friday."

Woot! Pizza and beer night tonight!

Did a little trailwork yesterday and got some materials hauled down to a new trail that I'm working on. I didn't get finished before dark, but the moon was so bright, I was able to work for at least another hour. Pretty cool.....gettin' 'er done vampire-style!