~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Ahhh yes, Thursday.....or as I like to call it "Little Friday."

Woot! Pizza and beer night tonight!

Did a little trailwork yesterday and got some materials hauled down to a new trail that I'm working on. I didn't get finished before dark, but the moon was so bright, I was able to work for at least another hour. Pretty cool.....gettin' 'er done vampire-style!
Is there a time of the year that you don't ride your bike?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
you mean like all the duface kids walking our halls with their boxers hangin out, and their pants below their but?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dirtjumper999 said:
i'm sick, got a 102 fever staying home, and wishing i could go riding, its like 55 degrees out
Damn man, that sucks!!
Get well soon!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
you mean like all the duface kids walking our halls with their boxers hangin out, and their pants below their but?
Yep thats them!
I did a lot of stupid stuff when I was a kid... but some of these kids are plain dumb!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning,

Feeling more awake today. Had a great ride on the trainer last night and started doing some cycling specific yoga to work out the kinks that form from riding. It definitely seems to make my legs less sore between rides and is nice and relaxing.

Not much going on here. Just waiting to do an interview.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
Yep thats them!
I did a lot of stupid stuff when I was a kid... but some of these kids are plain dumb!
yeah, I was all kinds a goofy as a kid, punk rock and skating was in, but the kids I see in my classes now are goth, and not really into anything... no skating, no making music, just into pouting with black clothes and makeup... or they are Yo's... with their bling bling and their pants hanging down and a hoodie... there are a bunch inbetween those groups, but they don't stand out so we won't talk about them. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
yeah, I was all kinds a goofy as a kid, punk rock and skating was in, but the kids I see in my classes now are goth, and not really into anything... no skating, no making music, just into pouting with black clothes and makeup... or they are Yo's... with their bling bling and their pants hanging down and a hoodie... there are a bunch inbetween those groups, but they don't stand out so we won't talk about them. :)
Yeah I was into skating, too but I also went to Art shows, I was big into photography as well. Now a days kids are only into IM'ing their friends.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Is there a time of the year that you don't ride your bike?
Nah......we pretty much suck at Winter this year, so it's on all the time. I've got a real good group of biking friends that are just as fanatical about trailwork as I am, so we're always hanging out in the woods shoveling dirt around at some trail or dirt jumping spot.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Nah......we pretty much suck at Winter this year, so it's on all the time. I've got a real good group of biking friends that are just as fanatical about trailwork as I am, so we're always hanging out in the woods shoveling dirt around at some trail or dirt jumping spot.
I don't think anybody works on the trails I ride.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
The kid below me sucks, nothing like blasting his music as per usual when he knows it bothers me. I know I know, I could just go down and ask him to turn it down but its getting old. By now he should have some consideration and not blast his music ever. I am always very polite and never play my music loudly and make sure that I don't because I know how much it bothers me when others do so. It's just one of those things that really lights a fire under my ass and makes me want to go downstairs and brake a tequila bottle over his head. What nasty thing should I do to him to erh hmmm persuade him to be more curtious in the future?

P.S. Why is it that everyone who blasts music always listens to the worst music?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Oh and by blasting I mean my floor is vibrating and signs I have on the walls are rattling. This is one part of college I will NOT MISS.

J

JRB

I lived next door to Bass Master Flash in San Antonio. I would go beat on the door (as knocking was not noticeable) and ask him to turn it down. While having a cloud of smoke rolling out of his bong, he would ask, "is it too loud"??? No man - I just wanted to harsh your fun. It was unbearable. I was so glad when we moved. I hated to call the cops and make him lose his job with the city for the bongs and what not, but I was losing patience.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
The worst was one time on a thursday I was already in bed at around 12. Then he starts blaring his music at around 1. It was cold and I didn't feel like getting dressed to go downstairs and tell him to turn his music down. So I gave him the internationally recognized college move of two swift stomps on the ground. The music stopped, so I got in bed. It was off for about 30 seconds and then it came back on louder then before. One of my room mates was mad too and went down, and asked if he heard us stomp. He said he did, then said he turned the music up just to piss us off. I really hate this kid, I'm pretty sure I know what fuse is for his room...oops man I don't know why your fuse went out and your alarm didn't go off and you missed your test. On a side note guess what his alarm is? That's right a clock radio that is really loud and plays ****ty music.

J

JRB

One night here in Temple the guy upstairs was having a Metallica concert. My mother was laying in a bed dying with cancer so I asked him to turn it down. He, instead, turned it up. I think he caught on how pissed I was the second time I went up and quickly understood that I was relatively serious about smashing his stereo and kicking his ass. I mean, have a heart, I told him my mother was dying and he laughed it off at first and turned it up. He is the same prick that I later drug his vehicle out of the spot, that wasn't a spot in front of the stairs, into a field next to the complex. Two occurences helped him realize that I was serious about it all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I lived next door to Bass Master Flash in San Antonio. I would go beat on the door (as knocking was not noticeable) and ask him to turn it down. While having a cloud of smoke rolling out of his bong, he would ask, "is it too loud"??? No man - I just wanted to harsh your fun. It was unbearable. I was so glad when we moved. I hated to call the cops and make him lose his job with the city for the bongs and what not, but I was losing patience.
I thought you were talking about a fishing game.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SilentJ said:
Showed up today! Everthing looks bitchin. Thanks for the cool custom Hannaford bag, too! :thumb:
Nothing but the best for my clients!!!

Glad you got them so quickly.
I've fallen in love with the US Postal service over the past few weeks.

J

JRB

stosh said:
<snip>I've fallen in love with the US Postal service over the past few weeks.
Since I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks for some rings that I bought from Colin, I am losing faith in the USPS. He has even offered to refund my dough, but I would like the rings. I sure hope they come so he doesn't have to bother. The postal service did this to me before. It took 6 weeks for some pedals to come from Dallas. It's 130 miles.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
stosh said:
Nothing but the best for my clients!!!

Glad you got them so quickly.
I've fallen in love with the US Postal service over the past few weeks.

Usually it's the Canuckistani Customs dumbasses that hold things up when they think I'm getting sent 8 pounds of heroin through the mail...:mumble: It must make a big difference where it crosses the border...Canada east appears to be much faster.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
loco said:
Since I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks for some rings that I bought from Colin, I am losing faith in the USPS. He has even offered to refund my dough, but I would like the rings. I sure hope they come so he doesn't have to bother. The postal service did this to me before. It took 6 weeks for some pedals to come from Dallas. It's 130 miles.
I waited almost 2 months for my DH2.0...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Yeah I've heard some horror stories. Their tracking is a bit antiquated but I would imagine it would be hard for the delivery person to scan everything piece of mail they drop off.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SilentJ said:
Usually it's the Canuckistani Customs dumbasses that hold things up when they think I'm getting sent 8 pounds of heroin through the mail...:mumble: It must make a big difference where it crosses the border...Canada east appears to be much faster.
Maybe it's best to double send an item. Set up a network of RM's who live in the east and anything being send from CALI can be sent to us to forward.... ok... maybe that idea would suck.... :)

J

JRB

I am thinking he said he sent it First Class, which I think indicates that we are screwed.