Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Gotta run to my old Xterra and grab the plates off of it and throw the old floor rugs into it.

I'll be running a little late to work.
Catch up with ya all later.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
For some reason I went to bed last night before 10 and was up before 6. No idea why, but I guess it works. I have today off from classes as its Academic Advising day. Hopefully I can work out the giant sh!t storm that I have brewing in my schedule. Then I have to go from meeting to meeting and lab and work and its a busy friggin day. These next few days are going to slaughter me as far as homework goes.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
How is everybody?

Gotta run to my old Xterra and grab the plates off of it and throw the old floor rugs into it.

I'll be running a little late to work.
Catch up with ya all later.
Did a little bike maintainence last night & then rode the rollers for 40 minutes while working my way through the 1st season of PeeWee's Playhouse on DVD.

Can't get that damn theme song out of me head today.......

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Weird dreams last night, short but intense trainer session this morning (30 minutes, 8.9 miles, higher resistance).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My head is killing me.

My frame is finally being shipped this week.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello monkeys. I had another good workout last night. It's amazing how much better my weight training sessions are when I don't watch what I eat. All those calories, fat and carbs make for some powerful fuel. I also ran for two miles.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all!!!

long night with a headache, so that stunk... Morning started with it, but it is starting to fade...

any news on the car front Stosh? did you see anything you liked last night? sorry I didn't see your other post!!! congrats

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
Morning all. Spending my day today emailing Norba about there new gay rules, and hopefully riding my bike a little later!

It's going to be 50 degrees here in Ct so ''it's'' melting!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Looking at my calendar, I see that Monday is President's Day. I HAVE THE DAY OFF!!!! (company holiday). I didn't realize that until just now!

:dancing: :dancing:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the wife hosted her book club, so i was banished upstairs. watched some of the skiing while on the rowing machine.

two more work days then sunny florida...can't wait.

on the plus side, the weather's been warming up nicely and a lot of the snow we got from sunday is melting.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Snowing quite nicely here right now. Was up for over an hour last night. Damn on call crap. :mumble:

Had dinner at The Fort last night out in Morrison - ate buffalo, elk, and quail. :drool:
I need to go there the next time I am in CO.

Has Conifer been getting alot of snow? When I saw my former employers dalmatian on Westminister, they said it was from Castle Rock. I guess their mountain home isn't finished? hehehe.

72 degrees today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stevew said:
I need to go there the next time I am in CO.
I recommend it. Pricy, but very good.

Has Conifer been getting alot of snow? When I saw my former employers dalmatian on Westminister, they said it was from Castle Rock. I guess their mountain home isn't finished? hehehe.
I don't think they've been getting a "lot" of snow, but this storm is a pretty extensive one from the looks of it, so that might change.

As for the second part about the dog, Castle Rock, and the mountain home..........

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
As for the second part about the dog, Castle Rock, and the mountain home..........

I was wondering out loud. Her home up there was supposed to have been done last September. If I was still there, that is one drive I would not have enjoyed every day when it snowed.

J

JRB

Good morning. I had a short ride near my house, with some 150 - 200 ft downhills. They are short, but fun. I hit a little jump, nearly died, and smiled really big. I have to say that 20mm thru axles kick ass. They keep the front end so much stiffer. :thumb: Riding kicks ass, more than posting on Ridemonkey.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
What's up?

Just cruising through the week. Nothing too special today. Weather is kickin' here in central NC this week with temps near 70. Binary and Jenn should be seeing mid 70's where they are......just lovely for January!

I'm taking the last half of the week off next week to head down to the coast for a little golf trip with some friends. I've been in the woods building trail so much for the last several months, that I'm kinda burned out on it just a little bit and need to take a week or two off to just think about something else for a little while. I know that sounds weird, be we sling mad dirt around all year long and it's difficult to keep your energy level and motivation going for so long. I enjoy playing the game and am pretty good at it too, so I'm looking forward to getting away and having some fun doing something a little different for a few days.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
G'morning

It's nice outside today! For a brief moment, I considered calling in and going riding, but with all the mud, I think this sick day will be reserved for the first kick-ass day of spring.

Gumba, we should check out the trails up near you some weekend when I'm visiting Rob in Seneca Falls :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bluebug32 said:
Gumba, we should check out the trails up near you some weekend when I'm visiting Rob in Seneca Falls :thumb:
what is Rob studying up there? I heard about a great chiropractic school up there, and even contemplated a career change...

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. It's cold here. Should be decent by the weekend though. Monday is "Family Day". Sweet. Got some Kenda KRads in yesterday - they should help me go faster on the track.

Probably going to hit the gym tonight.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning, Ridemonkeys! Plans for my day include finishing the Mojo Wheels team jerseys, making coffee and oatmeal, and riding on the trainer because it's EFFING SNOWING. Boo. But I'll make the most of it... planning a trip to Crested Butte next weekend to ride snowmobiles and see the Supersuckers! Yeah!:thumb:

I Are Baboon said:
Looking at my calendar, I see that Monday is President's Day...
Daaaaannnnng... and to think that usually this particular weekend of every year for the past 5 years I have been in Moab for the Annual Chile Fest. Good times were had, sad that it's gone...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Full Trucker said:
Good morning, Ridemonkeys! Plans for my day include finishing the Ridemonkey jerseys, making coffee and oatmeal, and riding on the trainer because it's EFFING SNOWING. Boo. But I'll make the most of it... planning a trip to Crested Butte next weekend to ride snowmobiles and see the Supersuckers! Yeah!:thumb:
:think:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Frikken pissed right now.

My health insurance is balking from when I hurt my hand back in September. They're claiming because I didn't claim a primary physician, which is utter bs.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
narlus said:
Hey now... you guys lay off! :D

That was along time ago... what, two years? Jeesh! And besides, I actually DID submit a jersey design when the jerseys actually DID happen... the ones that BikeGeek had made?

Furthermore... Mojo Wheels is paying me to design their jerseys. It's what I do now... well, not jersey design SPECIFICALLY, but freelance graphic design in general. So I have to be a little more responsible to my clients these days, you know?

Listen to me... it almost sounds like you guys struck a nerve! :p

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bluebug32 said:
You're right on the money. That's about the only thing going on up there.
Is Chiropractics what he is studying? I heard that that is one of the few schools teaching "whole chiropractics" where as a lot of other schools just teach "straight"

the doc I have is the best and has saved me and several friends from certain surgery!!! whole chiropractics is such an art... I respect them sooo much more than my regular docs who just LOVE to set me up with a perscription to mask all symptoms but not cure the problem!!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
brungeman said:
Is Chiropractics what he is studying? I heard that that is one of the few schools teaching "whole chiropractics" where as a lot of other schools just teach "straight"

the doc I have is the best and has saved me and several friends from certain surgery!!! whole chiropractics is such an art... I respect them sooo much more than my regular docs who just LOVE to set me up with a perscription to mask all symptoms but not cure the problem!!!
They are a mixer/integrated school, yes. Life, Sherman, Palmer and National are all still fairly straight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all!!! Seems like forever since I have posted. I can't stop playing with my little girl!!! She says hello from her swing (right next to me)...or whatever her little noise means (it's a monkey-like squeak). We got quite a bit of sleep last night and I feel great today. We're going to head our for a walk in a little bit as it's almost 50 outside already, sunny & beautiful!!!

Yesterday we went out for the day...visited my Great Aunt who is battling cancer and not doing so well. She was SO excited to see the baby and I am glad. It really lifted her spirits. Her son was out from California and her son that lives locally also said that she hasn't been so cheerful and excited to get out of bed in weeks so I am glad. I am hoping to take Sydney down to see her once a week while she's feeling up to it. I got some great pictures too and will get one all printed and framed up and bring it to her next week. Then we had lunch and came home. Sq-Earl got to give her her first bottle last night and she took it well. Of course I took tons of pics and will post some up once they finish downloading off the camera.

Oh, I even got on the stationary bike and did about 30 minutes of spinning last night. :D I can't wait to get back on the trails!!!!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
robdamanii said:
Where do you ride up here?
Skytop, splitrock, clark reservation state park as far as syracuse. In Roch I ride durand and dryer road pretty much with random excursions elsewhere. I want to hit up highland here but I know its kind of large and I haven't found somebody who knows it really well, and I know for sure I would get lost because I would be more focused on riding instead of paying attention to where I am.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
brungeman said:
what is your oppinion of your school?
Overall, I like it. There are a few professors who are really not that concerned with student progress, but they are not DCs (mostly basic science geeks) and that holds true to pretty much any school. The curriculum is tough, but they really do maximize the learning you get in the time you're in class. The thing that kills you is when you get 6 or 7 exams in one week. It gets a little heavy around then, but other than that, it' not bad.

It's a lot of hands on work, which is a nice change from nothing but theoretical book work. And the majority of the profs and students are great people too.

GumbaFish said:
Skytop, splitrock, clark reservation state park as far as syracuse. In Roch I ride durand and dryer road pretty much with random excursions elsewhere. I want to hit up highland here but I know its kind of large and I haven't found somebody who knows it really well, and I know for sure I would get lost because I would be more focused on riding instead of paying attention to where I am.
That is all greek to me. Maybe sometime we can get together and ride some of 'em.