Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much to report on this end today. I was thinking about going boarding today but I think the conditions are still going to suck. It's also supposed to rain later which doesn't make for fun snowboarding.

Hope ya all have a great day!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
'bout time stoshly.

another sunny day in FLA. went to corkscrew swamp w/ the wife and kids and walked the ~2 mile boardwalk. some neat wildlife sightings (deer, gator, a big turtle, tons of birds including a red-shouldered hawk who just stole a fish from a night heron) and the kids i think enjoyed it too. my little canon kit lens was thoroughly outmatched by some of the big guns which people were toting around on tripods (at least 400mm lenses, some were probably 600mm, and these were the pricey L series stuff too). i definitely could have used some more reach on some shots; the 55mm focal length was not sufficient. if you want to weigh in on which zoom lens i should get, you can put in yr two cents here

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all, I was able to ride around campus last night and get a little bit of bike time. Today is going to be pretty much work and whatnot with a trip to the hardware store thrown in.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning...

super slow here today... plans of leaving early and hitting some mountain bike trails are still intatct.. although now they are saying rain.. dammit!!!!!

not too much else going on.. looking forward to the weekend!!!!
enjoy the day!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Morning all, I was able to ride around campus last night and get a little bit of bike time. Today is going to be pretty much work and whatnot with a trip to the hardware store thrown in.
I love my local hardware store.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning everyone! Glad you are having fun in the sun, Narlus... sounds like a great trip! :)

Well, today is my Friday, sort of. Med school interview tomorrow! :weee: Can't wait till it's over, though. It's pretty much an all-day deal, so there will be much drinking afterward, I am sure. My parents sent me a cute little bamboo plant from NH, that I got at work today, so that was exciting too. Enjoy the end of the week, all!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Morning everyone! Glad you are having fun in the sun, Narlus... sounds like a great trip! :)

Well, today is my Friday, sort of. Med school interview tomorrow! :weee: Can't wait till it's over, though. It's pretty much an all-day deal, so there will be much drinking afterward, I am sure. My parents sent me a cute little bamboo plant from NH, that I got at work today, so that was exciting too. Enjoy the end of the week, all!
I'm just waiting for people to start throwing out all thoes bamboo plants and just watch as bamboo takes over north America.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! Is it Friday yet? We need that new washing machine to get delivered because our laundry is piling up to record levels.

Not much else going on. I had a good workout last night. Looks like most of the New Years resolution people have quit, as expected. :) I think I'll hit the legs tonight.

Narlus, glad to her your vacation is going well. :thumb: Save us some of the Florida sun and warmth because we're heading to Disney World in May.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Still am inundated with work here. Finished up a giant Diff Eqs homework and then to Electrical Engineering tonight. Lots of homework, papers, and tests next week, but luckily after next Thursday I am done. That will be a glorious day for after that I am going to ride for a week straight and do nothing else.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Another rip roaring day of software training *sigh* It is kind of a nice break though as I really only have training to think/worry about. Feels good not to be pulled in 1000 different directions all the time.

Didn't do much last night, probably won't do much tonight either.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Holy sh!t.

Just finished my neuro exam. Wow....intense.

Morning monkeys. My head is spinning with the number of things I need to do today, as well as considering getting on the bike tonight for a while. It would be nice to be able to do so, since my exams for the week end today. I can't friggen wait.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
yikes just thinking about exams makes my head hurt.. i am sooo glad i am done with school.... the other day i had to go to a safety class... i couldnt even pay attention in that, and luckily there wasnt a test!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
yikes just thinking about exams makes my head hurt.. i am sooo glad i am done with school.... the other day i had to go to a safety class... i couldnt even pay attention in that, and luckily there wasnt a test!!
I actually enjoyed my Architecture courses and I hated it when people would interrupt class....

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
I'm just waiting for people to start throwing out all thoes bamboo plants and just watch as bamboo takes over north America.
Ha! My neighbor is fighting a loosing fight against some bamboo he planted a couple of years ago as a decorative screen. It's all over his yard, his neighbors yard, etc. I'm glad that he's across the street for me.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Hello monkeys!!!
I missed out on a local ride last night:mad: because my sis is in town from Endwell NY and she brought her new boyfriend with her. So it was an interesting dinner. :dead:

It was probably best that I didn't go, cause the cold I caught over the weekend puttin in my new door, is really hitting the home stretch I think... well I hope anyway...

Doing grades today for progress reports tomorrow:drool:

hope you all have a good day!!!

J

JRB

Good morning. It has finally stop precipitating here. I will likely ride the cross bike this evening. Just working on construction reporting systems. Getting ready to be in Orlando for a week, starting next Tuesday.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Mackie said:
Ha! My neighbor is fighting a loosing fight against some bamboo he planted a couple of years ago as a decorative screen. It's all over his yard, his neighbors yard, etc. I'm glad that he's across the street for me.
Yep, we had some problems down the street from where I used to live with bamboo, but where I live now we have this stuff that is called "japanese knotweed" that is the most invasive and fastest growing S#!T in the friggin world... it was planted bunches of years ago in many landscapes as decorative screen... now it takes over everything!!!:mad:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
Good morning. It has finally stop precipitating here. I will likely ride the cross bike this evening. Just working on construction reporting systems. Getting ready to be in Orlando for a week, starting next Tuesday.
whats up with your new signature? what is that in ref. to?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Ha, that stuff is worse than crab grass!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning! Snowing here in Farmington ever so lightly.
Took my Zion out for a quick ride last night around in my driveway. It fits me pretty well. I STILL have no idea what I'm doing about a drivetrane.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
brungeman said:
Hello monkeys!!!
I missed out on a local ride last night:mad: because my sis is in town from Endwell NY and she brought her new boyfriend with her. So it was an interesting dinner. :dead:

It was probably best that I didn't go, cause the cold I caught over the weekend puttin in my new door, is really hitting the home stretch I think... well I hope anyway...

Doing grades today for progress reports tomorrow:drool:

hope you all have a good day!!!
Endwell.....isn't that near Binghamton?

J

JRB

brungeman said:
whats up with your new signature? what is that in ref. to?
Ridemonkey stepped in about the avatar thing, and I thought it was cool. He is getting props for a while now.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Took my Zion out for a quick ride last night around in my driveway. It fits me pretty well. I STILL have no idea what I'm doing about a drivetrane.
what do you have on it now??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
what do you have on it now??
I have a single chainring in the front and 8spd in the rear. I'm keeping the 8spd but I don't know if I want to run 1 or 3 up front.

J

JRB

A friend back some years ago had a bunch of that crap growing. Actually - I wouldn't call it bamboo. We called it 'sea cane', not that it's right. Anyway - once in a while, we'd get too drunk to drive after a roping, or a day working cattle, and would ride our horses to his house. It was in the middle of town, but the neighbors couldn't see to complain about horses in his yard. We had a baby pool to water the horses in, so they were cool in the yard. We would occasionally get trashed, ride home, break some bamboo and use it for jousting poles. I would always dust his ass. It looked painful falling off. I'm glad I never did. We got drunk enough to keep doing it though.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I have a single chainring in the front and 8spd in the rear. I'm keeping the 8spd but I don't know if I want to run 1 or 3 up front.
Are you running the XTR cranks??? They working for you??? I need to go see if you posted pics in the thread that I wasn't welcome in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
A friend back some years ago had a bunch of that crap growing. Actually - I wouldn't call it bamboo. We called it 'sea cane', not that it's right. Anyway - once in a while, we'd get too drunk to drive after a roping, or a day working cattle, and would ride our horses to his house. It was in the middle of town, but the neighbors couldn't see to complain about horses in his yard. We had a baby pool to water the horses in, so they were cool in the yard. We would occasionally get trashed, ride home, break some bamboo and use it for jousting poles. I would always dust his ass. It looked painful falling off. I'm glad I never did. We got drunk enough to keep doing it though.
Apparently your cunning and vast knowledge of horsemanship lead to your many wins.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Are you running the XTR cranks??? They working for you??? I need to go see if you posted pics in the thread that I wasn't welcome in.
I didn't post any pics yet and I'm not going to till I decide what I'm doing. Currently I'm running the XTR cranks.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I didn't post any pics yet and I'm not going to till I decide what I'm doing. Currently I'm running the XTR cranks.
Good that the cranks are working. I guess you didn't have any trouble with the bottom bracket??? If you aren't posting pics, I am going to go sh*t all over your thread. :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good that the cranks are working. I guess you didn't have any trouble with the bottom bracket??? If you aren't posting pics, I am going to go sh*t all over your thread. :p
And that would be abnormal how?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
loco said:
Ridemonkey stepped in about the avatar thing, and I thought it was cool. He is getting props for a while now.
I kinda wish he'd step in about the stickys in the buy and sell - BS if you ask me. :mumble:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
why wouldn't you leave it as is. You keep talking about how easy you are on the bike... sounds like you don't really need a granny. Only real quesiton is do you need a big ring for anything?

J

JRB

SilentJ said:
I kinda wish he'd step in about the stickys in the buy and sell - BS if you ask me. :mumble:
Have you pm'd him??? He is very reactive, if you ask me. I think he is certainly willing to help when asked.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Found out yesterday that a local trail on private land will be closed. Real bummer, land owner got tired of running the operation. A group of us tried to take it over for him but it didn't work out. It was my best choice for riding after work. It may be for the best as now I will focus on some land just a few hundred yards from my house.