Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have my board strapped to the roof of my Xterra ready to ride. It's supposed to be really warm tonight, I can't wait!!!

This will probably be my last night ride so I need to make it a good one.

Hope ya all have a great day!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
I have my board strapped to the roof of my Xterra ready to ride. .

Do you drink lots of Mt. Dew too?

"Extreeeeeeme athlete comin' through.......s'cuse me, ladies!!" :rofl:

Rode my bike yesterday(after all...it is a mountain bike site, right?) and the weather was great. Trails are getting "Ludacris-Speed" fast since we've had no rain in like, 8 years or something rediculous like that. Didn't jump worth a durn, but I rode pretty hard and the ole kneee held up pretty well. Good times.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo stoshly, have fun in the snow/slush.

had some friends over from work last night, had some beers, some pizza and shot pool. good times.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Do you drink lots of Mt. Dew too?

"Extreeeeeeme athlete comin' through.......s'cuse me, ladies!!" :rofl:

Rode my bike yesterday(after all...it is a mountain bike site, right?) and the weather was great. Trails are getting "Ludacris-Speed" fast since we've had no rain in like, 8 years or something rediculous like that. Didn't jump worth a durn, but I rode pretty hard and the ole kneee held up pretty well. Good times.
Actually there is a great grocery store right by the mtn. I just go there to get groceries, I don't actually ride.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys...

I left work a little early to hit the trails yesterday... I figured even though its still a little cold.. riding is always better than no riding.. nice trails nothing to crazy, it was a good trail to just cruise on

J

JRB

Good morning. I went home and took a nap. Then I put the RP3 that I sent to Push on my Reign. Followed that up by reading some garbage that MC spewed. I then had to go to Wal-mart to buy diapers. I'm not sure I am ever going to ride again. It doesn't look like it anyway..

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Super excited that it's the end of the week. It's going to be 78 and sunny today and tomorrow, in the low-mid 80s this weekend and through Mon/Tues! :weee: :weee: Ah yes, that deserves two cute happy smilies! I plan on spending the weekend outside, and enjoying the hot tub and some drinks at night. My brother was talking about flying down for a few days, since he has spring break, so hopefully that happens too! Enjoy the almost weekend, everyone! :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
Good morning. I went home and took a nap. Then I put the RP3 that I sent to Push on my Reign. Followed that up by reading some garbage that MC spewed. I then had to go to Wal-mart to buy diapers. I'm not sure I am ever going to ride again. It doesn't look like it anyway..
bad move buying a new bike which coincided w/ the birth of yr 1st kid.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all...

lame night last night of grad work and running to get a pair of tights to run under my baggies (my other tights ripped pretty bad, and the leggings I have keep falling down)

supposed to ride after work with a few of the DirtRag crew then we have a meeting at their HQ about trail maintanence in the greater Pittsburgh area :thumb:

other than that... I feel :dead: backed with :banghead: and a little :bomb: :angry: oh and also :nuts:

I hope you all have a good one:cool:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Bah I woke up a little late and its raining out. It is not worth it to go to class for the one class followed by a huge break I have then come right back in the rain, guess I will just be attending my lab today and no class...

J

JRB

narlus said:
bad move buying a new bike which coincided w/ the birth of yr 1st kid.
Well - it's honestly not her. It's more the 30 min each way commute that ruins it. I kind of learned yesterday that I can't even take a day off for a year. I also learned that I can't have any comp time, even though I spent 6 days travelling last week. I even heard someone say that the company picked up most of the expenses, so it was implied that I should be grateful. WTF??? I even bought all of my own drinks, with the exception of one night. I'll bet I don't do that again.

In addition to my earlier post, I am going to leave early tomorrow to take the xterra to the shop. I am getting the plugs changed. I also am having the thermostat changed. It gets hot when it idles, so I am assuming the thermostat is stuck open. I just don't feel like changing it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Bah I woke up a little late and its raining out. It is not worth it to go to class for the one class followed by a huge break I have then come right back in the rain, guess I will just be attending my lab today and no class...
Do you live on campus?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
got my shock back from progressive, and I plan to pick up my rear whel from the bike shop..I should be good to go for the warm weather this w/e

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
stosh said:
Do you live on campus?
Nope, its like a 40 minute round trip walk which isn't bad. I usually would only have one class today so I would just go, but I also have to go back to campus at 2. So If I went to both classes I would have to come back to my appartment because I don't want to stay on campus for like 3 hours doing nothing. And I also don't feel like making 4 20 minute walks in the rain in the same day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I removed the SRAM 9spd cassette from my MKIII last night. HOLY CRAP did it dig the hell out of the hub!!!!!!!!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Nope, its like a 40 minute round trip walk which isn't bad. I usually would only have one class today so I would just go, but I also have to go back to campus at 2. So If I went to both classes I would have to come back to my appartment because I don't want to stay on campus for like 3 hours doing nothing. And I also don't feel like making 4 20 minute walks in the rain in the same day.
Oh cool!
Do you usually ride your bike to class?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
got my shock back from progressive, and I plan to pick up my rear whel from the bike shop..I should be good to go for the warm weather this w/e
Was it covered under warranty?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I was all set to go riding again this morning but I got up and its grey and whipping wind. Looked at the radar, and it says the rain is about an hour out, so Im not even going to try.

Who has a 70mm thomson stem laying around to sell me? Or how about some Candy C pedals in black?

Im working on the bike today, and I need a few parts...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning

Looks like it could rain here, but it's supposed to be in the 60s and sunny on Sat.! I can't wait to head out with Rob on our new bikes.

Meeting today and office birthday party....blah...just bring on the weekend already :)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
stosh said:
Oh cool!
Do you usually ride your bike to class?
Yeah when its nice out I do. As a rule I pretty much don't ride it when its raining because I don't like getting my butt all wet for class. On a side note nothing is more fun than barreling down a set of stairs when a tour group is coming through and you hear the parents be like what the f...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning

Looks like it could rain here, but it's supposed to be in the 60s and sunny on Sat.! I can't wait to head out with Rob on our new bikes.

Meeting today and office birthday party....blah...just bring on the weekend already :)
You guys planning on riding Saturday for Rob's b-day?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Hey bluebug when it gets nicer for good again you and Rob need to come up here to 'cuse for a ride, right now its way to muddy to ride here though:mumble:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
GumbaFish said:
Hey bluebug when it gets nicer for good again you and Rob need to come up here to 'cuse for a ride, right now its way to muddy to ride here though:mumble:
Sounds like a plan! You have to show us around. Where will you be after you graduate?

And, as far as the riding down the stairs thing goes...I wish you had been there when I took the tour of SU. It would have made it so much more interesting!:dancing:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
PS. as of last night I've lost 16lbs this winter. WTF Maybe I have a disease or something....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
You stink! You need to be exiled to Slopemonkey :nope:

You wanna ride Sun then, or meet for brunch or something?
Sunday may be a rocking idea!!

I'll have to run it past Aubrey. She's finishing up 2 masters courses this weekend.

Let me talk to her tonight.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
bluebug32 said:
Sounds like a plan! You have to show us around. Where will you be after you graduate?

And, as far as the riding down the stairs thing goes...I wish you had been there when I took the tour of SU. It would have made it so much more interesting!:dancing:
Yeah I really don't know where I am going to be after graduation. Most likely I'll be in Rochester for a little while at least. But I am looking for some temporary positions out in like Colorado or the PNW so I can see what its like out west and do some serious riding while I'm at it.