Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!!~~

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Have fun in the snow Stosh!

Dropped the Kenworth off at the bike shop for new fork seals, had to stop and drool over a new Scott carbon road bike with full Dura Ace. The whole bike weighed about 3 pounds. F'ing amazing! That kind of fueled the fire to get project XC hardtail on the board.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Yeah, I keep labeling them, but it washes off....

Hmm...I'll have to figure something out. Maybe I just need shorter screws on the cleats. They're literally pushing through and it hurts!
Dr Scholls ownz joo!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Busy day yesterday and the baby did great! I had housework in the AM, then I ended up taking Sq-Earl to the Dr. and found out he has bronchitis so we were off to the pharmacy to get his meds. Then, I had a dental cleaning and right after that we both had eye appointments. Syd slept through the first appointment and my dental cleaning. So, I woke her up, changed her and fed her and we were off to the Eye Dr. She was awake most of that time and then we hit Target for some diapers and to get a couple of wedding shower gifts for a friend. Then we were home and comfy again.

Today, I am taking care of baby and sick hubby so it should be interesting. I also just had the propane tank filled :dead: and am waiting for FedEx to pick up my DH bike that I sold to VT Mtbkr. Other than that, I have 1 student coming today for an extra lesson before competition this weekend.

J

JRB

Caroline had a poop explosion on her little bouncy seat yesterday at the mother-in-law's shop, so she closed early. She is in for a lot of work. :think:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
yo. I was in the field yesterday. 700 miles of driving. Up at 4:00am, back in the door at 11:00pm. :dead: :mumble: Good to figure out what the F we're doing out there, though.

Today I'm tired. Going for lunch with some friends. That's all I know.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Got a slow day on tap for today... which we really need. The last few days have been spent dragging kids from place to place for vairous reasons. Today we are pretty much laying low. I think Renae is going to do some shopping this morning while Sean naps, then I'm hoping to ride this afternoon while both kids are napping. Dinner in tonight, which we need, and for the first time in 5 days, everyone will be in bed at their "regular" time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Got a slow day on tap for today... which we really need. The last few days have been spent dragging kids from place to place for vairous reasons. Today we are pretty much laying low. I think Renae is going to do some shopping this morning while Sean naps, then I'm hoping to ride this afternoon while both kids are napping. Dinner in tonight, which we need, and for the first time in 5 days, everyone will be in bed at their "regular" time.
You bring your bike out there?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
You bring your bike out there?
No. I wanted to, but there was no practicle/economical way to do it. My father has a Giant OCR out here that, with some adjustments, I was able to make fit me reasonably well. It's got platforms, so riding it unclipped will be hard, especially on the hills, but...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
No. I wanted to, but there was no practicle/economical way to do it. My father has a Giant OCR out here that, with some adjustments, I was able to make fit me reasonably well. It's got platforms, so riding it unclipped will be hard, especially on the hills, but...
It's it funny riding flats after riding clipless for so long?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning - got woken up at 7am by an eager job recruiter...yet another job offer that I can't accept...crap this sucks! The income offered keeps being upped too - I haven't called her back yet to turn the job down, but a 3.5 hour commute every morning to be at the office by 7am, just isn't gonna work...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Good morning - got woken up at 7am by an eager job recruiter...yet another job offer that I can't accept...crap this sucks! The income offered keeps being upped too - I haven't called her back yet to turn the job down, but a 3.5 hour commute every morning to be at the office by 7am, just isn't gonna work...
OMG HI2U

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jacksonpt said:
that's how I feel when I go home and ride. My legs fly in every direction if I'm not careful

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
TreeSaw said:
Oh my! Yeah, newborn diapers can no longer withhold Syd's poo...we've graduated to size 1 :D
Ew...poop explosions. ;) Sounds like fun...no really...:cool:

(reading the good morning's backwards today)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
It's it funny riding flats after riding clipless for so long?
Yea, it's really weird. My spin is something I've really been working on during my trainer sessions. I never felt like I was doing that well, or that I had a good spin rhythm down. But after riding flats up and down the road a couple of times, I know my spin is a lot better than I thought. I really have to think about keeping my feet on the pedals.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I was surprised in lab today to see that my lung capacity/function was 120% of predicted. I guess all the trainer time is paying off.

Stosh, get off the damn board and get on the bike son! It's going to be 60!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
Hey i haven't been in this thread for awhile...

Hi normal non bitchy people!:rofl:

How's the jawas doin :stosh:
Good, They are still laughing at your walking on your hands joke yesterday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I was surprised in lab today to see that my lung capacity/function was 120% of predicted. I guess all the trainer time is paying off.

Stosh, get off the damn board and get on the bike son! It's going to be 60!
That will be hot! All the 16-18yr old girls think it's cool to wear tank tops snowboarding when it's warm!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jr_Bullit said:

why did you apply in the 1st place?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
douglas said:
why did you apply in the 1st place?
Lol - I didn't....I've had 5 different recruiters find my resume on job-hunt websites and contact me out of the blue. I ask them to send me my resume, and I ask that it be telecommute based - primarily (due to my weird transient living situation, makes everyone's life easier). If they say yes, and send me a job that makes sense to do as a telecommuter, then I'll say - okay, send it to your boss and see if he makes an offer.

I've gotten several good offers this way, but the recruiters so far seem to neglect telling the employer that I want to work from my home office.

It's all good though, had another interview this morning with a guy who's based out of Japan, has employees scattered around the world, and has zero issues with my need to work from home. :) He's got two other interviews, and then I should hear back.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I've also been hoping to find a job that's flexible enough so I can keep one of my IC commitments that pays a small fortune for a tiny amount of work...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Lol - I didn't....I've had 5 different recruiters find my resume on job-hunt websites and contact me out of the blue. I ask them to send me my resume, and I ask that it be telecommute based - primarily (due to my weird transient living situation, makes everyone's life easier). If they say yes, and send me a job that makes sense to do as a telecommuter, then I'll say - okay, send it to your boss and see if he makes an offer.

I've gotten several good offers this way, but the recruiters so far seem to neglect telling the employer that I want to work from my home office.

It's all good though, had another interview this morning with a guy who's based out of Japan, has employees scattered around the world, and has zero issues with my need to work from home. :) He's got two other interviews, and then I should hear back.
What exactly is your transient life style?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
What exactly is your transient life style?
Well....I'm "living" with my hon in Canada, but I'm not "legal" in Canada yet, so I can't work here. I'm residing, permanently, in Washington state, where I'm legal to work.

I also have a commitment to my former employer who wants to keep me around to work for him a few days a month as a trainer - meaning he ships me out around the US and I hold two days of 8 hour trainings back to back and get paid by the day. So thus, I'm not "in office" in "washington" or available to be in "washington" in an office 5 days per week. I am available to work whatever hours I please from my home office and most of the work I do could be done from home. :)

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Oh - and Steve and I still travel quite a bit for Rock Climbing - we're planning a week in Smith at the end of the month, a month in WY this summer, and etc and so forth and so on. :)