Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'

Today is really busy. I didn't sleep much last night. We've got this huge job we're doing here at work, and I was worrying all night about the progress on this job by the second shift workers. The majority of them are new to this, so it was kinda sketchy letting them handle it--plus we put a new shift leader in charge of that crew, so I was freaking myself out imagining worst-case scenarios and all kinds of horrors. But, everything was worked out this morning when I got in, and my initial inspection didn't reveal any problems, so I've been able to relax a little bit.

Nothing much going on yesterday after work---I rented "Wallace and Grommit" the other day, but the DVD was bad and wouldn't play, so I exchanged it and was able to check it out after dinner last night. Funny movie--plasticine claymation is incredibly tedious work I would imagine.

Justine and some of her co-workers got together and formed a womens dodgeball team(I'm still giggling at that --"Giggity-Giggity") to play in a local rec-league tournament this evening. This should be fun to watch---we're having the chicks over to the house for a pre-game round of beers, so I'm looking forward to getting in a couple of good laughs this evening. "If you can dodge a wrench--you can dodge a ball!"

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning-

Tired today after staying up making that damn lasagna for the wife's bunco night. Late in, late out at work today. Then go home and try to entertain the kiddies for the evening. They'll probably want to go out and tear it up tonight since they are on spring break this week.

Caught Narlus' post about the SXSW. Always wanted to head over for that. Spoon would be most excellent to see. One great band- remember "Nefarious"? Cracks me up.

Have a good day all.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Trainwreck said:
One great band- remember "Nefarious"? Cracks me up.
'and now your teeth are all red, and there's a little bit about you i don't wanna know'

i think i put that song on the DHG cds. good one. :thumb:

J

JRB

narlus said:
'and now your teeth are all red, and there's a little bit about you i don't wanna know'

I don't recall it on there. I think Plastic Mylar may be the rockinest to me.

The stories involving Britt. Biggest thing - he was a psycho chick magnet. Lots of the songs could ring really true.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
narlus said:

Now you got me going. I have 45 Spoon songs on my iPod. I jacked the speakers from my computer and now all my cube mates get to enjoy it too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
do you live near Austin? there are a ton of good shows happening because of the SXSW stuff...

spoon is a good band. tell britt he rocks.

sat you can see The Bats (band i just saw) w/ free beer. can't beat that.

03.18.06 @ obsolete inc (2-6 pm) free beer!, austin, tx, The Bats w/ tullycraft, the owls, galactic heroes
This sounds like it might be noisy....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
btw, i did catch Ride once, and that was a good show. funny to see the guitar player (mark bell?) now plays bass w/ those wankers in Oasis.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
yeah, i'd heard that Adam was playing...i played Toshack Highway the other day and it was very neutral experience.
Toshack really doesn't do anything for me.

Andy Bell. His band before he joined Oasis wasn't anything to write home about. Maybe they should let him sing and ditch one of the annoying brothers.