Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

J

JRB

McGRP01 said:
So, I have a new computer desk being delivered to my house tomorrow by Office Max. I just called to find out what time they might be coming, and the lady tells me "between 8a - 5p." And that she can't (won't) narrow it down for me. There goes my whole farkin day! :mumble:
Tell them that you are the MAN and they will be there by 9. I'm sure the weather sucks too much to do anything there anyway.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
loco said:
Tell them that you are the MAN and they will be there by 9. I'm sure the weather sucks too much to do anything there anyway.
It's supposed to reach 44 degrees tomorrow, I had all kinds of outdoor activities planned!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah thats the way it always goes. Any time I am expecting a package its during a time where I am either at class or want to be riding or something. Its never on a rainy or super snowy day where I have nothing to do.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
robdamanii said:
Afternoon.

I got to drink beer for lab this morning, which was really....um...interesting at 8 am on an empty stomach. Thrilling.

Other than that, just doing some work and trying to take it easy.
I distilled alcohol in Orgo lab like 2 years ago, but we couldn't drink it. Something about if we didn't do it right we could go blind or something:rolleyes:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
GumbaFish said:
I distilled alcohol in Orgo lab like 2 years ago, but we couldn't drink it. Something about if we didn't do it right we could go blind or something:rolleyes:
Straight grain eh? Sounds like an episode of MASH.

Had I known I'd be pounding beers, I'd have brought some good ones from home to drink, instead of the moose piss they had. At least it was on ice.

McGRP01 said:
You're not complaining about drinking beer are you? :confused:
Just the "Labatt crap" aftertaste.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Straight grain eh? Sounds like an episode of MASH.

Had I known I'd be pounding beers, I'd have brought some good ones from home to drink, instead of the moose piss they had. At least it was on ice.

Just the "Labatt crap" aftertaste.
We're you touching dead bodies while drinking?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
All right, but its going to be Ace of Base and the whole Madonna catalog.:nopity:

haHA!
I remember I had an exchange student from Spain in the mid 90's, he LOVED Ace of Base.

I'd cut a rug to it!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
jackson, how does one go about creating something like that w/ no jpg/tiff/raw file as a starting material?
He draws it all. In some cases, he uses photos as a guide... i.e. has a print in front of him that he uses as a "model".

But it's all paths and textures and adjustment layers and everything else. For the big one he unveiled yesterday, he actually built a model to get a feel for spacial relations, shadows, reflections etc. Took him 11 months to do it, it's nuts.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
holy crap, he draws that stuff via freehand in photoshop? that's nuts.

why bother, when 99.8% of the people couldn't tell the difference if it was derived from photos or not?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
holy crap, he draws that stuff via freehand in photoshop? that's nuts.

why bother, when 99.8% of the people couldn't tell the difference if it was derived from photos or not?
he says on his site that it's not about the end product, it's about the creation. I guess to an extent I can understand that as I like to see what my time/effort results in... but obviously I do nothing like that.