Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It's supposed to almost touch 70 degrees today. To bad I'll be in this damn office all day.
I think I'm going to try to squeeze a ride in after work tomorrow though.

Anybody got anything going on for the weekend?

Hope ya all have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! It's about time we're getting some warmer weather 'round these parts. :cool:

Saturday I plan on riding in the morning while MBC works. We're going to head to Mt Snow for Sunday for our last day of skiing this season, then we'll have to schlep all our gear home for the summer (we leave it up there all winter).

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Rode Pittstown SF last night..forgot how hard it was, especially as I've switched to a 35 lb SS bike....lots of major blowdown but otherwise very satisfying. I think I should have taken out the DH tubes I suppose! Came home to find my "neighbor" behind our house was draining his pool and the lovely water was running into our yard: right under and up into our garage floor, so I had to pay a little visit. It must have helped that I was wearing camo shorts and a Marzzocchi "Death to Invaders" hoodie, as the drainage stopped immediately. Good times, great neighbors. Worked on my wife's road bike, drank and fell asleep.

Today after job #1, I go to job #2 at the LBS. Afterwards I'll finish working on my DH rig and begin to work on my wife's, as she toasted her rotors and basically rotated her chain guide into her frame last November at Plattekill.

Looking ahead, I'm squeezing out of work on Friday to ride in Lenox, MA, can't wait for that!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Got a raise and a promotion yesterday, so that was exciting! :weee: And I found out my aunt and uncle are coming to visit Sunday! Can't wait for the weekend! :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Got a dentist appointment this morning. Got just a little bit more pine straw to put out which will the last of the heavy yard work for awhile (except for the garden which doesn't count).

Going to hit the gym this afternoon for the last of the winter workouts. Daylight savings time is in sight. Woo freakin' Hoo.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
GooooooD Morning, Ride Monkeys.

I have now work today or tomorrow courtesy of an alternate work schedule and Cesar Chavez day! I'll go for a ride today, Mormon/National in all likelihood, possibly Hawes. The go to see my dad. Tomorrow a family camping trip to McDowell mtn park, so more riding Friday, and of course the obligatory Saturday morning ride. And what would Sunday be without.....a Mormon/National trail ride. I've been up since 3:00 am working on putting my XC bike back together.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Buenos Dias a todos. I'm skipping class today to go down to the bank and see what kind of mortgage payments I qualify for. I'm gonna buy my first house!!!! Hopefully this afternoon I'll get a ride in. I put on a new tire last night and like every other time, pinch flatted the tube in the process so that has to be replaced. Hope everyone's day is magnifico.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lost my local weekday MTBing spot, private trails shut down, so I'm stuck with road riding after work. Got 17 or so miles in last night before it got dark.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not much happened last night...did a bit of listening and reading. wife went to bed @ 8PM...too tired from being woken @ 4:45 tues morn by our son, then going out for the Ray Davies show...

the warm weather is great, but the weekend's not gonna hold it...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
wannabeabonedoc said:
Buenos Dias a todos. I'm skipping class today to go down to the bank and see what kind of mortgage payments I qualify for. I'm gonna buy my first house!!!! Hopefully this afternoon I'll get a ride in. I put on a new tire last night and like every other time, pinch flatted the tube in the process so that has to be replaced. Hope everyone's day is magnifico.
Congrats on shoppin for a house... dont let it get stressful just relax and have fun with it! good luck...

as for your tires/tubes... what in the hell are you doing wrong? describe your process... are you using tire levers? are you slightly inflating the tube before putting it in the tire? are you using tire levers to get the tire back on?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
not much happened last night...did a bit of listening and reading. wife went to bed @ 8PM...too tired from being woken @ 4:45 tues morn by our son, then going out for the Ray Davies show...

the warm weather is great, but the weekend's not gonna hold it...
Narlus, are you familiar with the Avett Brothers? they are here Friday night for an early show should be about $14... worth seeing?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brungeman said:
Narlus, are you familiar with the Avett Brothers? they are here Friday night for an early show should be about $14... worth seeing?
not familiar w/ them...

my gig-going schedule is slackening (4 shows in 2 weeks), and the next one up is Arab Strap...i've liked these guys for a while but have never seen 'em...should be good!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
not familiar w/ them...

my gig-going schedule is slackening (4 shows in 2 weeks), and the next one up is Arab Strap...i've liked these guys for a while but have never seen 'em...should be good!
here is the Avett Bros. they are bluegrass kinda stuff...

I am not familiar with Arab Strap, and the link you sent is site blocked so I will have to wait till I get home to check it out...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'll be riding on my lunch break today (3rd day in a row for lunch time rides :thumb: ). Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice too - not sure if I'll keep my scheduled rest day or ride anyways while the weather is good. I work Saturday, no plans for sunday, though I'd like to get out on the trail.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
brungeman said:
hey are you still campaigning a couple of Yeti's?
You mean do I have a couple Yeti's for sale? Nah, those were sold a few months ago. But if you mean do I have a couple Yeti's that I RIDE... then yes... just none for sale. I know some folks that might be selling their Yeti's though... whatcha looking for?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. A little sleepy this morning after staying out late at a company party. Rob came down, got to meet lots of co-workers and we enjoyed ourselves (and the open bar). We were smart and didn't get trashed like a few of my co-workers did, making for a very interesting ride home in the limo :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning. A little sleepy this morning after staying out late at a company party. Rob came down, got to meet lots of co-workers and we enjoyed ourselves (and the open bar). We were smart and didn't get trashed like a few of my co-workers did, making for a very interesting ride home in the limo :rolleyes:
Where the heck have you been lately?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Full Trucker said:
You mean do I have a couple Yeti's for sale? Nah, those were sold a few months ago. But if you mean do I have a couple Yeti's that I RIDE... then yes... just none for sale. I know some folks that might be selling their Yeti's though... whatcha looking for?
I was just asking cause I talked to Seth (Bubba) at Yeti, last night about picking up Yeti as a new line in the LBS that I work part time at... I like the look of the bikes but have only seen a few arc's from time to time, and an ASR-sl one time on a ride... I mostly do XC riding, and was sold on what Seth was telling me, but for the type of riding I do I was wondering if I should go with the 5.75 or the ASR-sl...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Good morning everyone,

Well not to many of us can say this but im going to MOAB TODAY. I had plans to go to work until i found 2 flat tires on my car this morning, so jacked it up, unbolted the wheels, got them fixed and now im at work.

I leave in 30 min for a week long excursion in utah!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Good morning everyone,

Well not to many of us can say this but im going to MOAB TODAY. I had plans to go to work until i found 2 flat tires on my car this morning, so jacked it up, unbolted the wheels, got them fixed and now im at work.

I leave in 30 min for a week long excursion in utah!
WTF??? who did you piss off?

OK OK I admit I was jealous of you going to MOAB and flattened them...:devil:

no really what happened?

Good luck and have a safe trip!!! PS I guess it is better to have the flats on your car than to fly on the Concorde to Moab!!!:rolleyes:

OH and if you didn't notice I am thinking a Yeti might be the next ride!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Oh man I am super psyched. I just did some more searching around for jobs or volunteer openings since I will be graduating this year and came upon a dream opportunity. It's a wolf research spot in western montana. It involves hiking and camping pretty much all the time, and even sometimes mountain biking to get to places! It's only a volunteer spot so all I get is whatever food they provide me but I have to apply just for the experience. I concentrated in wildlife biology, will be fresh out of college with nothing tying me down like a serious girlfriend, totally dig the idea of seeing wolves and grizzly bears, and want to check out what its like out west. My application will be sent ASAP...man I can only hope.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
GumbaFish said:
Oh man I am super psyched. I just did some more searching around for jobs or volunteer openings since I will be graduating this year and came upon a dream opportunity. It's a wolf research spot in western montana. It involves hiking and camping pretty much all the time, and even sometimes mountain biking to get to places! It's only a volunteer spot so all I get is whatever food they provide me but I have to apply just for the experience. I concentrated in wildlife biology, will be fresh out of college with nothing tying me down like a serious girlfriend, totally dig the idea of seeing wolves and grizzly bears, and want to check out what its like out west. My application will be sent ASAP...man I can only hope.

Are you going to be like the Grizzly man? ;)

Good luck to you! I work with someone who's son is applying to move to Oregon for summer and live in a leanto and spot and fight forrest fires all summer.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
bluebug32 said:
Are you going to be like the Grizzly man? ;)
I hope not, I'd rather not be eaten by a bear. I've only ever dealt with the small black bears we have here in NY, I will probably need to change my shorts the first time I see a grizzly.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
brungeman said:
I was just asking cause I talked to Seth (Bubba) at Yeti, last night about picking up Yeti as a new line in the LBS that I work part time at... I like the look of the bikes but have only seen a few arc's from time to time, and an ASR-sl one time on a ride... I mostly do XC riding, and was sold on what Seth was telling me, but for the type of riding I do I was wondering if I should go with the 5.75 or the ASR-sl...
Yeah tough call, they're both great bikes for sure! I had an ASR-SL for a bit and it was a great bike, but I never really got used to it, I've been riding slack-geometry DH-style bikes for so long it always felt squirrely to me. I switched to a 575 and I could be more happy! And the cool thing is, the 575 is barely a pound heavier, if that. If you're coming off a hardtail or a FS XC bike that's a little more race oriented, then the ASR-SL will feel more like home to ya, I think, but the 575 still climbs really well and is agile enough to ride tight stuff, but enough suspension and slack enough to really rail the high-speed stuff as well. Hmmmmm...