Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'll be taking my Zion out today to pop it's cherry tonight. I'm just going for a relaxed ride on the local rail trail with a friend.
I will be attempting to convince my friend to purchase a bike so he can begin riding with me. Should be fun!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Going to the specialized dealer to order up some parts today. Not looking forward to it. Have a test in 2 hours.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Going to the specialized dealer to order up some parts today. Not looking forward to it. Have a test in 2 hours.
What parts do you need?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Awesome can't wait to hear how the first ride goes.

Not much on tap for today... should probably get to work on some things I've been putting off for a couple of weeks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Awesome can't wait to hear how the first ride goes.

Not much on tap for today... should probably get to work on some things I've been putting off for a couple of weeks.
I finally got the Reba tuned... man thats easy, I was just lazy!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good morning Yinz!

Well The 575 is a go... so I am going to order it today!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! :agree:

Burly, good luck on the test...

Stosh, good luck poppin that cherry!!!:agree: :rofl:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Good morning Yinz!

Well The 575 is a go... so I am going to order it today!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! :agree:

Burly, good luck on the test...

Stosh, good luck poppin that cherry!!!:agree: :rofl:
Are you buying just a frame?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo. already at the studio working. got a presentation to give today in class but it should be fun. got lots of parts for my frame including an atomlab rear wheel/hub with a hookworm on it.

all i am lacking is a mechanical disc caliper for the rear, a fork and some cranks. setting it up single speed with a bmx chain ring and 2 small rings from a cassette sandwiched together i nthe back for a sprocket which will eventually be upgraded to one of the endless cogs. i actually acquired a thompsson stem for it for free as well as a bunch of other burly parts. hopefully i will have logged some time on it before the mountain sports festival comp in may so i can compete.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
www.thethirdhand.com has a million small parts.

:thumb:
Thanks man, but I dont think thats quite the same thing. See, the spec one, is two seperate pieces. Basically two bolts that thread into the axle via allen heads. Only problem is one side is SAINT der. specific, so I need another one to have two proper half-axle lengths..

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I have an oppinion to ask of you folks...

I have an 06 Fisher Paragon for sale on MTBR... I am asking $1400 cause I have only had the thing for 3 months... I have not registered the bike with Fisher, so it is good as new to any buyer... I had a person email me about it, he was interested and wanted to know if I had registered it etc. and if not, it was a steal at $1400...after my response to his questions, he offers me $1250... I mean the bike retails for $1789 and Fisher is sold out for a while on these...

do you think I should make a counter offer with a figure in mind, or just tell him that I would like to get more, and there are others that are interested... I don't want to loose his interest, but I would like to get more...??? what do you MONKEY's think?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
Thanks man, but I dont think thats quite the same thing. See, the spec one, is two seperate pieces. Basically two bolts that thread into the axle via allen heads. Only problem is one side is SAINT der. specific, so I need another one to have two proper half-axle lengths..
Gotcha. I pasted the wrong link anyway so I wiped it out of the post.

I had another site that did small parts but I can't seem to find the link.

splat

Nam I am
Took my Rock Shox Duke ( that I got from MMcG) to be rebuilt last night. Then I did the Night ride with the Bike shop crew ( see ride reports ). the Snow made it very slick., and I did not have enough charge on my batteries , so I had to finish up the ride, riding like Jedi

Riding again tonight , this one from my house.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:

I have an 06 Fisher Paragon for sale on MTBR... I am asking $1400 cause I have only had the thing for 3 months... I have not registered the bike with Fisher, so it is good as new to any buyer... I had a person email me about it, he was interested and wanted to know if I had registered it etc. and if not, it was a steal at $1400...after my response to his questions, he offers me $1250... I mean the bike retails for $1789 and Fisher is sold out for a while on these...

do you think I should make a counter offer with a figure in mind, or just tell him that I would like to get more, and there are others that are interested... I don't want to loose his interest, but I would like to get more...??? what do you MONKEY's think?
IMO If I got $150 less I think I'd still be happy. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Took my Rock Shox Duke ( that I got from MMcG) to be rebuilt last night. Then I did the Night ride with the Bike shop crew ( see ride reports ). the Snow made it very slick., and I did not have enough charge on my batteries , so I had to finish up the ride, riding like Jedi

Riding again tonight , this one from my house.
The white one?

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Hopefully I can survive one more day of the wife out of town for work and children throwing up. Been married for 15 years today so guess I can.

Enjoy your ride tonight on the new bike Stosh. I'm looking forward to getting mine together soon too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Hopefully I can survive one more day of the wife out of town for work and children throwing up. Been married for 15 years today so guess I can.

Enjoy your ride tonight on the new bike Stosh. I'm looking forward to getting mine together soon too.
Wow, good luck man!
Sick kids are not a fun thing!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning!
Stosh - have fun on your ride. I still need to build up some wheels for my Zion then I will get some pics up and get it out on the trails.

I am seriously caffeine deprived this AM and don't get a break until 11 am to get any java :( It was a rough morning for me as my little monster was SO upset this morning...she had her sad face on and was crying when I left. I hate leaving her when she's like that but I know that she's probably having a great time now (or napping) so that makes it better I suppose, but i still can't wait to get home.

Went to the dentist yesterday and had a root canal yesterday...don't know what all the fuss is about as I didn't feel any pain and it doesn't even hurt today. I really wish the weather would make up it's mind so I can get in more rides outside. I am quite unmotivated to go out and freeze so the rollers it is again tonight :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, yo. I've got to give my staff their reviews today (nine of them) then I have to interview someone at 3:00. Looks like a low productivity day for me, which sucks because I have an assload of work to do. Meh, it's looking more and more like I'll have to come in SATURDAY.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:

Hmmm...that's a toughie. I personally think $1400 is a steal. I would talk with the guy and tell him that you really wanted to get $1400 and perhaps work a deal on shipping rather than decrease the price of the bike too much. Good luck!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Happy Anniversary and good luck with the kids.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Good night last night. Kelley's parents watched the kids and we went out to dinner with my parents. Had a HUGE grilled stuffed burrito, re-fried beans and a few beers. After dinner we headed over the the local brewpub for a few more beers. Got home and had a few more beers... Doing pretty well today considering. Tonight I'm doing some taping and mudding at my neighbor's house...and having a few beers. ;)

J

JRB

Good morning. Got a tracking number from Chad at Soul yesterday, so here's the latest on my Roscoe.

Tracking number
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ship date
Apr 5, 2006
Estimated delivery
Apr 8, 2006

Destination
TEMPLE, TX
Service type
Home Delivery
Pieces
Weight
14.0 lbs.

Status
In transit

Date/Time

Activity

Details

Apr 5, 2006 9:10 PM

Left origin

TEMPE, AZ

7:48 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

TEMPE, AZ

6:41 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Scottsdale, AZ

5:00 PM

Picked up

TEMPE, AZ

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Good night last night. Kelley's parents watched the kids and we went out to dinner with my parents. Had a HUGE grilled stuffed burrito, re-fried beans and a few beers. After dinner we headed over the the local brewpub for a few more beers. Got home and had a few more beers... Doing pretty well today considering. Tonight I'm doing some taping and mudding at my neighbor's house...and having a few beers. ;)
You must have some wicked farts!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning. Got a tracking number from Chad at Soul yesterday, so here's the latest on my Roscoe.

Tracking number
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ship date
Apr 5, 2006
Estimated delivery
Apr 8, 2006

Destination
TEMPLE, TX
Service type
Home Delivery
Pieces
Weight
14.0 lbs.

Status
In transit

Date/Time

Activity

Details

Apr 5, 2006 9:10 PM

Left origin

TEMPE, AZ

7:48 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

TEMPE, AZ

6:41 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Scottsdale, AZ

5:00 PM

Picked up

TEMPE, AZ
Worst post ever on RM.

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
Oh... thats bad. No he didn't get it from me but I was interested in it the same time he was.
The LBS said they should have it done for Saturday.

I'm not sure what it is about Forks from MMcG . IF_rider just had to have his fork he got from MMcG rebuilt. and I'm sure it has nothing to do with us riding in Sub-Zero temps