Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
The LBS said they should have it done for Saturday.

I'm not sure what it is about Forks from MMcG . IF_rider just had to have his fork he got from MMcG rebuilt. and I'm sure it has nothing to do with us riding in Sub-Zero temps
Ha, yeah I bet!
So your LBS re-builds forks for you. Thats sweet!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning to all. Recovering from a show last night at Valentines in Albany....too much drinking not enough eating...I also ache from moving all our "vintage " 70's guitar equipment up and down several flights of stairs. Got in trouble for heckling a band or 2 - one were Western Massholes and the Danish band didn't seem to understand my sarcasm.

Today brings a trip to the dump to drop off the closet of paint the previous owners of our home left us then a quick blast at the Pine Bush Preserve to keep some trickling semblence of fitness alive.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jim Mac said:
Morning to all. Recovering from a show last night at Valentines in Albany....too much drinking not enough eating...I also ache from moving all our "vintage " 70's guitar equipment up and down several flights of stairs. Got in trouble for heckling a band or 2 - one were Western Massholes and the Danish band didn't seem to understand my sarcasm.

Today brings a trip to the dump to drop off the closet of paint the previous owners of our home left us then a quick blast at the Pine Bush Preserve to keep some trickling semblence of fitness alive.
Ha, I've been there!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Stosh, and I've been to Orange County ...in fact I basically grew up there from '73 to '89. Used to race at the Middletown BMX track before it was flattened.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
Are you buying just a frame?
nope complete... I think they have 2 kits... that fit into my pricerange...

the enduro, and the Race disk... what do you think? either way I am going to upgrade to the talus fork, and I think they now come with Avid J5 or J7's

any opinions?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning. Work finally decided to stop kicking me in the ass. Now I can focus on finding some freelance writing work (if anyone would just email me back :rolleyes: ). Riding this weekend. Should be fun

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Feel free to try and help. I just need the 10mm bolt on axle for the spec DH hubset.
BS - would this work??? You may check it out.
dammit - friggin links - search part # 92235A330 on mcmaster.com.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
Douglas, where are you gonna ride? I plan a 'Bush water tower ride from 6-7:30 tonight.

same here, but I'll be on the bike @ 4:30 ish.

I could plan to swing back to the trail head @ 6:00, is that your definite start time?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
what other bush would would mention when talking about riding.......:rolleyes:
I didn't know you could ride there. All I know is when I do searches for PINE BUSH (the town I live in) some place up by Albany always comes up.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I didn't know you could ride there. All I know is when I do searches for PINE BUSH (the town I live in) some place up by Albany always comes up.
yup, I normally do a 16 mile loop of some pretty fun stuff

its great early season being it dries up super fast when the other trails are still soft/muddy

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
yup, I normally do a 16 mile loop of some pretty fun stuff

its great early season being it dries up super fast when the other trails are still soft/muddy
My town is named after the "pine bush" up on the Shawangunk Ridge. It's actually quite a nice preserve up there. There aren't really any "bikeable" trails though.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
But after the early season the Pine Bush pretty much sucks. As Doug said, it's great for March/April then Oct/Nov/Dec but that's about it. Not much of a challenge but it's good for speed because it's flat and devoid of trail obstacles.

And Doug: Yes, 6pm is my start time and I hope to see you there. I should be done with the dump, etc and get there by then. If it gets to be 6:10, though, head on out!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
My town is named after the "pine bush" up on the Shawangunk Ridge. It's actually quite a nice preserve up there. There aren't really any "bikeable" trails though.
I love the gunks for climbing. good chit mang!

did you look at those links to the Yeti build kits?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nah, nobody really watches over the place. At ice caves they say you can ride a bike. Maybe I'll head up there by myself this weekend and check it out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
I love the gunks for climbing. good chit mang!

did you look at those links to the Yeti build kits?
WTF when were you in the Gunks?

Looking at the links now.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
But after the early season the Pine Bush pretty much sucks. As Doug said, it's great for March/April then Oct/Nov/Dec but that's about it. Not much of a challenge but it's good for speed because it's flat and devoid of trail obstacles.
Pine Bush is a great place to pick up Lyme Disease.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
True on the Lyme disease. I have already pulled 2 ticks off of me this year so far and we're just getting started. They were wood ticks, though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jim Mac said:
True on the Lyme disease. I have already pulled 2 ticks off of me this year so far and we're just getting started. They were wood ticks, though.
I probably shouldn't say a damn thing but... I didn't find a single tick on me last year.
Why are the ticks supposedly so bad at the Pine Bush?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
stosh said:
I probably shouldn't say a damn thing but... I didn't find a single tick on me last year.
Why are the ticks supposedly so bad at the Pine Bush?
I think I knew this answer once, but I forget...may be the sandy and acrid environment (The Pine Bush is basically the sandy bottom remnants of a giant glacial lake from 10,000 years ago).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jim Mac said:
I think I knew this answer once, but I forget...may be the sandy and acrid environment (The Pine Bush is basically the sandy bottom remnants of a giant glacial lake from 10,000 years ago).
:drool: @ giant glacial lake.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
WTF when were you in the Gunks?

Looking at the links now.
I went climbing there a few times after High School... I went with my X-Bro-inlaw... the one that lives over by Jackson.

I had a problem with my shoulder... and found out how bad the problem was on a fairly easy climb with a small (but exciting) overhang... My shoulder popped out, and I had to be belayed off the face, and then drive 8hrs home in my stick shift car with my arm in serious pain... I knew how to pop it back in... but the pain after it being out, while being belayed off, was pretty bad...

I love New Paltz... and that rock face as you see it in the distance is just jaw dropping...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
I went climbing there a few times after High School... I went with my X-Bro-inlaw... the one that lives over by Jackson.

I had a problem with my shoulder... and found out how bad the problem was on a fairly easy climb with a small (but exciting) overhang... My shoulder popped out, and I had to be belayed off the face, and then drive 8hrs home in my stick shift car with my arm in serious pain... I knew how to pop it back in... but the pain after it being out, while being belayed off, was pretty bad...

I love New Paltz... and that rock face as you see it in the distance is just jaw dropping...
Yeah it's pretty sweet.
At my dinner table I look up at that ridge. Though it's part of the ridge that isn't quite as draw dropping. :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
brungeman said:
A 2-minute drive and I can see the ridge, Mohonk Tower and acres of rolling apple orchards. I've never been climbing though. I love seeing people hang off the cliffs during the summer

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bluebug32 said:
A 2-minute drive and I can see the ridge, Mohonk Tower and acres of rolling apple orchards. I've never been climbing though. I love seeing people hang off the cliffs during the summer
yep it is beautiful there.... and climbing those huge faces of rock is exhilarating to say the least...