Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Sitting here at home on a beautiful f'ing day sipping on a coffee, I couldn't ask for much better. Although if I was able to ride a bike it would be a much nicer day!!

What's everybody got on tap for easter weekend?

Hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had an awesome ride yesterday - my first substantial mtn bike ride of the season. And it was at my favorite trails to boot. Did about 11 miles in 2hours 45 minutes or so. I did the majority of the ride in my middle ring, which surprised me, and found that my threshhold (the point where I start to run out of gas and really feel it in my legs/back) is at about 2.5 hours. I gotta work on that, but even so... it's pretty damn good for April.

Today is a well-deserved rest day.

Not much on tap for the weekend. I believe Renae works all day Saturday. Sunday we'll probably have dinner with the in-laws. Nothing exciting.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Had to take my car into the shop last night because the check engine light came on. God dammit. Eh, it's due for 60k spark plug service anyway.

Tax season for wifey is coming to an end, which means an end to my three months of having to cook extra meals every night. HOORAY!

Easter weekend? Ehhh....lots of crap on Saturday (hopefully a quick road ride in the morning), then Easter festivities at mom's on Sunday. I just go for the free food, man.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning, all. Day has sucked thus far, so I can't wait to see what else ****ty is in store. Maybe I'll get a rejection from med school to cap it off. Ok, now that I'm done with that...

...really looking forward to the long weekend! It's going to be 90 and sunny here all weekend, which is going to be awesome! I'll be relaxing, enjoying the weather, and cooking a southern Easter dinner! Going out with some coworkers after work for a couple beers, so that'll be fun too! :weee: Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

splat

Nam I am
Good Morning !

Got my FSR XC back last night so had to go for a kick ass ride , with the LBS , after all they had it ready for me in 3 days. and the Bike felt Soooooo Nice!!

it wasa good thing they had it ready, I Blew the fork seals on my Rocky Mt yesterday at lunch :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
antimony said:
<snip>
...really looking forward to the long weekend! It's going to be 90 and sunny here all weekend, which is going to be awesome!
Isn't 90 a bit hot to be comfortable down there? :)

For Easter weekend we're going to get together with friends to go over the possibility of going in on a condo in the mountains and then Sunday we're having a bunch of people over for food, drink, and egg hunting.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh. I'm guessing you're under the weather still? Howabout Aubrey? She hanging in there?

It's a nice warm sunny day here in seneca falls. My final exam is at 1, and them I'm done for the tri, finally. Other than that, the elbow is bruised up and swollen on top of being scraped up, but it's getting incrementally better.

Leaving tomorrow for a week visiting the parents and a week with Beth. Vacation is incredibly welcome right now.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
my achilles hurt like a mofo at volleyball, plus 1 of our other hitters was out of town, we got our asses kicked (lost 3 of 4) - we finished this season in 2nd overall, next week is the playoffs

after, I went for a beer iwth 1 of the players, she was overily chatty, then to my friends wednsday wine party....

wednesdays rule!

Easter> I'm doing a mtn bike race then ??

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had to drive down to Yuma yesterday for work. It was a pleasant day out of the office setting up LCD monitors. Now I have a truck full of CRTs to offload first thing this morning.

Have a good day everyone.

J

JRB

splat said:
Good Morning !

Got my FSR XC back last night so had to go for a kick ass ride , with the LBS , after all they had it ready for me in 3 days. and the Bike felt Soooooo Nice!!

it wasa good thing they had it ready, I Blew the fork seals on my Rocky Mt yesterday at lunch :)
That's a pretty good return. Bad ass.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Morning kids! Today is starting out well, but early. Going to try and get a boatload of work done, then knock off about 3 and go on an XC ride... my poor 575 has been neglected! Of course, my roommate did just replace his '01 YZ125 with a thouroughly bitchen '04 CRF250 and is hitting the moto track later on... hmmmm... maybe a quick XC ride at 3 and then meet him at 5 for moto-licious action?

:think:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
What's everybody got on tap for easter weekend?
It's nice & quiet around here today - Passover + Easter + school closings have the whole place nice & calm.
I'm working today, with a half day tomorrow.

Tomorrow I chill with the kid, go to the park, play outside, and generally be a dad.

Saturday we're having 15 people or so from my wife's family over to the house for a pre-Easter BBQ. Beef. Barleywine. Mmmmm.
I should be able to get in a ride at Stillwell before that.

Sunday morning I have a couple of hours blocked off for a road ride. Then we do Easter at my uncle's place in the city. 30+ people eating & drinking too much. Should be good. My uncle likes cigars, so I'll likely have a Romeo y Julieta while the kids are playing in the park across the street.:)

Monday I leave for 4 days in Utah for work, with no free time for anything. :redhot: I'll have to make this weekend count.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Guten Morgen....

2nd day working at the local golf course. It's a breeze and I get to drive around the course scoping potential riding spots for after hours. The higher ups have decided that I'm not supposed to ride until after I graduate (week and a half!!!!!!) because things keep breaking on my bike. Oh well. Have a good'n.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I AM HUNG OVER!!! and now I am off to the shop to build the 575 as soon as it gets here... I am off through weds. so... things are good...

I completely F'ed with Manhattanprjkt last night... I saw him driving so I got behind him, and followed him... when we got to a stop sign... I flashed my lights super fast... the poor SOB thought I was a cop... gave him a heart attack... cause it was 11:00 and he was leaving a bar after seeing a band... :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
brungeman said:
I completely F'ed with Manhattanprjkt last night... I saw him driving so I got behind him, and followed him... when we got to a stop sign... I flashed my lights super fast... the poor SOB thought I was a cop... gave him a heart attack... cause it was 11:00 and he was leaving a bar after seeing a band... :thumb:
So we heard....

:)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:
I AM HUNG OVER!!! and now I am off to the shop to build the 575 as soon as it gets here... I am off through weds. so... things are good...

I HATE YOU. Everyone ragged on me calling me a drunk driver, so i deleted the thread i created. I wasnt drunk, i was just leaving the show!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Nice day here in Saratoga, NY. 70 degrees or so...sunny. Supposed to have some rain moving in for the weekend though. Made the rounds to the Docs yesterday. Sinus infection confirmed. Got some meds, so things should improve. Had my consult with the pee-pee doc. Found out I'm gonna be getting valium and codine after my procedure. Wheeeeee! :D Depending on the weather, I'm going to try to ride Sat. morning and then we have a scheduled trail maintenance day around 10am. Sunday is not only Easter, but my daughter's birthday. She's turning 5, so it should be a busy day!! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I HATE YOU. Everyone ragged on me calling me a drunk driver, so i deleted the thread i created. I wasnt drunk, i was just leaving the show!

dude, FYI, 7 beers in 5 hours IS legally drunk

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hola Monkeys

had a hockey game last night - we won 4-3. The ice sucked and I was super tired by the end of the third period.

My son Liam made the Squirt A team for next season, and Connor made the Mite B Team. I'm going to serve as head coach for the Mite Bs - should be fun.

I LOVE hockey! It just kicks ass.

Might try to get in a road ride early in the a.m. tomorrow morning. I'm off tomorrow through Tuesday since the kids are on April vacation. Should be a fun long weekend with them. :thumb:

J

JRB

manhattanprjkt83 said:
Man - I hate it too when I am horribly irresponsible and someone points it out. It is a real kick in my balls when someone brings it to light. Mother f*cker I hate that. :mumble:

J

JRB

douglas said:
dude, FYI, 7 beers in 5 hours IS legally drunk
Here's justification for his actions -

Chicks are horrible drivers, so one can only assume a car built specifically for chicks would have extra features to offset their horrible driving.

+

metroprk398274932 drives a chick car, wears girly shades and most likely has chick pants on.

=

All of his actions of being an irresponsible drunk are voided out, because he took proper measures to ensure he has safety features put in place for chicks, while still being SOMEWHAT a man.

J

JRB

Now - the question is, was brungeman trashed while he was following metroprk0230328902 around town, since he is hung the f*ck over, or whatever it was he said.

I get the sneaking feeling it is NOT SAFE on the streets of Pittsburg.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
Here's justification for his actions -

Chicks are horrible drivers, so one can only assume a car built specifically for chicks would have extra features to offset their horrible driving.

+

metroprk398274932 drives a chick car, wears girly shades and most likely has chick pants on.

=

All of his actions of being an irresponsible drunk are voided out, because he took proper measures to ensure he has safety features put in place for chicks, while still being SOMEWHAT a man.
I wonder what band he and his posse were listening to............

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
WOw man, i havent laughed that hard in a while, you dont understand what an inside joke that is with a bunch of people i know, i just printed it out...

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh: gorgeous here again.

Debating about where to go ride at right now.

Wound up being slightly pissed yesterday.

Seems that the state doesn't know jack on trail maitenance.

An obstacle was cut out when there was an alternate line around it, and laid down a bunch of loose gravel down on a steep downhill. That obstacle contributed to the overall flow of that trail, now everything just seems off. Looks like I'm going to primarily ride Allamuchy and Vorhees now.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Still catching up on a ton of work that was waiting for me when I got back from Sea Otter. Tonight doing some riding. This weekend is still under construction.

Have a good day! :)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Opeth said:
Seems that the state doesn't know jack on trail maitenance.
Yours and mine. They destroyed the place where I first learned to really ride a mountain bike. Now if you go there everything has been smoothed out, turned into double track and layed over with gravel. It sucks since it used to be such a fun place to ride.