Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Good morning for the next 14 minutes before it's high noon here on the eastern seaboard.Did a so-so XC ride last night in Pittstown. I find that I ride much more conservatively (justifiably so) when I'm by myself, and that's why it was only an OK ride. Been getting into riding a hardtail SS, hopefully it'll keep teaching me those crucial 'momentum skills' that I can apply at upcoming DH races.

Woke up this morning with the old 'tennis elbow' pain again...I was hoping putting a 6" travel fork on my SS would take care of that...looks like the rocks and repetitive motion injuries won for now! No riding for a couple of days due to this.

Off to the shop tonight to hopefully finish the work I began last week on repairing my wife's VP Free.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i jumpstarted my april vacation by about an hour by skipping out of 4th block since we were just going to some stupid assembly that is just going to be of dumb foreign language skits. its nice having some extra time before my guitar lesson to check the monkey.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Mornin' all, not much to report here. I put on some new tires which was a bit of a hassle. And holy moly I guess hutchinsons run pretty big. I was used to running 2.3 octopus' and just threw on some 2.35 high rollers and they are narrower than the octopus, and heavier too! Whateva, I'll see if I notice a difference on the trails.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey folks!

Just got out of surgery for my knee......Just a scope, no big deal. The Percocets are working fine though. Just sent the wife to grab some X-Box games and a big freakin' sub cause I haven't eaten since 10pm last night!!!

Look forward to hitting the trail again soon. I did a "last ride for awhile" ride yesterday evening and it felt great. It was a total flow experience cause I was really in the groove. Good times.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
How many beers and how long had you been there?

I suspect you were impaired. Not smart. :nope:
it didn't have anything to do with imparement... the spot where I tailed him has SUPER A$$HOLE COPS... I had a student that the township cops (where we were) actually wrote a ticket for a cracked rear axle... just to be dicks cause they didn't find anything in the kids car to bust him on... and the routine stop was a farse... the kid took the car to the mechanic... and the mechanic started to get pissed... they jacked up the car and took digi pics.... the car was front wheel drive and had no rear axle!!! the kids dad layed into the chief, but they are still pulling crap like that, cause for everyone that fights it their are some that don't!!! so they make out on some of it...

I wish all cops were like Manimal!!! the world would be a safer and better place!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
I f'n hate cops doing their jobs. Assholes. :mumble:
how is pulling a kid over for no reason then writing a bogus citation doing their jobs?

I have seen you post about cops pulling people over for speeding... and you have been on both sides of that... if people were in the wrong then own up to it and accept the consequences!!!like you have said in the past!!! I agree totally!!! no problem with me on that... I have 3 friends who are cops and one of them on a regular basis rants about how he cant stand some of the guys he works with because they bust peoples balls just because they can... I teach with a$$holes like that... I hate that mentality... just because you have a little authority doesn't mean you should abuse it... the cops where we were last night abuse it on a daily basis!!!:
dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
brungeman said:
how is pulling a kid over for no reason then writing a bogus citation doing their jobs?

I have seen you post about cops pulling people over for speeding... and you have been on both sides of that... if people were in the wrong then own up to it and accept the consequences!!!like you have said in the past!!! I agree totally!!! no problem with me on that... I have 3 friends who are cops and one of them on a regular basis rants about how he cant stand some of the guys he works with because they bust peoples balls just because they can... I teach with a$$holes like that... I hate that mentality... just because you have a little authority doesn't mean you should abuse it... the cops where we were last night abuse it on a daily basis!!!:
dead:
Dude. What's with all the exclamation triplets? :confused:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
He'd still pull Metrohattanprkjklasd023756023760-2760-23760-2376 over for driving under the influence. :p

he probably would if Manhattan was over the limit, and driving erratically... but that wasn't the case... :clue: so put the lid back on yourself cause your stinking the place up like vinegar and water!!!

J

JRB

brungeman said:

dead:

If he had a cracked axle, that's illegal. Wheels falling off suck. I am with you man, but your manties are so wadded up that I can't resist poking at you. :D

J

JRB

brungeman said:
he probably would if Manhattan was over the limit, and driving erratically... but that wasn't the case... :clue: so put the lid back on yourself cause your stinking the place up like vinegar and water!!!
If he had what they said he had, I don't care if he could fly a plane and land it, he was driving under the influence and that is wrong. :mumble:

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Hallelujah! I'm fvcking done!
Cool - you think you one Ridemonkey and are leaving??? Hip hip hooray!!!!!!!! You are right, you won.

Head off somewhere else before you change your mind.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Ah now it make sense.

Yesterday was good because my daughter rode all the way down the street and back on her tricycle with no help from me. That made her very very happy and me very very proud.

Today is good because, I just completed a big job and the client is happy. Its a three day weekend which kicks off with the Legendary Shack Shakers tonight. A trip to Pisgah tomorrow to try out Jeremy Rs trail at Bent Creek. My mom's birthday party on Saturday. A big ride on Sunday and then Easter Dinner.

Plus the weather is supposed to be kickass all weekend.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Phew I am exhausted. Rode sunday, monday, tuesday, thursday, and I played bball on saturday. I built a new dj today, but I need to move the landing back. I mean I can hit the landing and its smooth, but I'm not going that fast either. The first time I hit it I totally overshot and missed the landing, so its time for a bigger gap there. Then there is the sorry remain of another one after that I am going to obliterate and make a nice new one. Being the test dummy on a jump you built yourself rules.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
If he had a cracked axle, that's illegal. Wheels falling off suck. I am with you man, but your manties are so wadded up that I can't resist poking at you. :D
what the Fvck are manties?

BTW the car had no "rear axle" (it was front wheel drive) blah blah blah, and the mechanic was pissed after looking under the car and not only not seeing a crack but no axle either. (he was accused of passing a car for inspection with a cracke axle) he wrote it up, the kid took the deposition/inspection form to the magistrate the magistrate went out himself to look, found nothing, and the cop got reamed for it. Several other tickets given by the same cop were thrown out that day (so I have been told)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
DRB said:
Ah now it make sense.

Yesterday was good because my daughter rode all the way down the street and back on her tricycle with no help from me. That made her very very happy and me very very proud.

Today is good because, I just completed a big job and the client is happy. Its a three day weekend which kicks off with the Legendary Shack Shakers tonight. A trip to Pisgah tomorrow to try out Jeremy Rs trail at Bent Creek. My mom's birthday party on Saturday. A big ride on Sunday and then Easter Dinner.

Plus the weather is supposed to be kickass all weekend.
that sounds like the perfect week!!!
congrats on the daughters epic ride (in the scale of little people it sounds like a long ride! ):thumb: isn't that sh!t the coolest?