Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I got my bike all loaded up for a post work ride. The weather is supposed to be PRIME tonight, I can't wait!!
Now I just need to get thru 8hrs of f'ing work! :)

Hope ya all have a great day!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
finally got my DH bike re-assembled...re-installing a shock in a Giant DH is a Giant PITA....

got the steerer nut banged in, fork back on, good to go for opening weekend @ bromont next weekend. should be great.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i simply don't know how you dredge up the energy, i mean having to babysit Jawa's all the time.... Do you chug energy drinks or what?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much on for today - work should be slow, then just hanging out around the house tonight. Hoping to get in a good workout, but that's about it.

Planning a big trail work session for Sunday... trying to get together with a few people to build a new trail near my house.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
whats up everyone, brungeman and I broke ground on our new trail, id say we put in about 1/4 to 1/2 miles of beautiful technical singletrack...

My hands are totally torn apart...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
i simply don't know how you dredge up the energy, i mean having to babysit Jawa's all the time.... Do you chug energy drinks or what?
I mostly rely on amphetamines (sp?)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Not much on for today - work should be slow, then just hanging out around the house tonight. Hoping to get in a good workout, but that's about it.

Planning a big trail work session for Sunday... trying to get together with a few people to build a new trail near my house.
I really need to get some time together and go into Stewart for some trail work. It's actually illegal to do trail work at Stewart without a permit or something.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all! Had dinner with my brother last night for his birthday and surprised him with some character cupcakes to take to his day-hab program (He has Cerebal Palsey and goes to a center 2 days a week where they work with him on basic life skills). Tonight I plan on hitting the roads near my house for a short ride and then chillin' with the hubby & kid. I am supposed to test ride a couple of road bikes at lunch today too so that should be fun. Maybe I will have a shiney new bike before the week's over!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh
I gave you positive rep for this thread :)

Have a ride tonight , should be fun. suppose to be a nice night , and good crew , should be fun.

work, well its work :(
Why did I deserve it or something?

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a good WNR last night, only 3 of us so we turned a fairly good pace.

Get to clean the back room at work today of junk monitors, printers, cases, about 9000 old keyboards and other associated crap. Really looking forward to that...

Have a good day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Good morning all! Had dinner with my brother last night for his birthday and surprised him with some character cupcakes to take to his day-hab program (He has Cerebal Palsey and goes to a center 2 days a week where they work with him on basic life skills). Tonight I plan on hitting the roads near my house for a short ride and then chillin' with the hubby & kid. I am supposed to test ride a couple of road bikes at lunch today too so that should be fun. Maybe I will have a shiney new bike before the week's over!
Fawk, you just reminded me I need some slicks for my HT. I'm doing a benefit ride May 7th on the rooooaaad. I'm going to feel so out of place.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
of course you did !
I just read it. Thanks man!!
Funny, I was having the same thought this morning. I was thinking this is usually the one thread where people are MOSTLY civil to eachother.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Fvck rain.

My brother and his wife leave on their cruise to allah knows where. Just me and the dog for the next week and a half.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
after 10 days off the bike, I went for an easy spin..10 minutes in, my Achilles started to hurt.

I am super bummed

:mad:

:dead:

:wonky2:

:nonono:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
after 10 days off the bike, I went for an easy spin..10 minutes in, my Achilles started to hurt.

I am super bummed

:mad:

:dead:

:wonky2:

:nonono:
Dude, I know I read something about your Achilles problem in another thread. Can you refresh my memory as to what your problem is?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
douglas said:
My younger brother had that problem towards the end of the Triple Bypass last year. Both of them.

He was not happy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Fawk, you just reminded me I need some slicks for my HT. I'm doing a benefit ride May 7th on the rooooaaad. I'm going to feel so out of place.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been riding the back roads near my house with Earl and it's tough with me on knobby tires and he's on his road bike...it's time for me to try the skinny tire thing.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Damned power blip last night tossed the cookies on the alarm clock. Morning rush this morning was quite a bit more excessive than usual.

Rode last night again, will ride tonight again as well. Nothing else besides me being lazy.

Time for some cocoa pebbles mang.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been riding the back roads near my house with Earl and it's tough with me on knobby tires and he's on his road bike...it's time for me to try the skinny tire thing.
I just hate being hunched over on the road bikes.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'

2nd rainy day in a row down here in NC. I had my first trail ride on Tuesday since having my knee scoped two weeks ago, and then the next two days are filled with rain. Bah! :redhot:

Work is crazy this week. One boss tells you one thing, one boss tells you another. Boss one then comes in raising hell as to why project A hasn't gotten done when boss two told me to drop it and go to project B. It's an endless cycle......:rolleyes: :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Mornin'

2nd rainy day in a row down here in NC. I had my first trail ride on Tuesday since having my knee scoped two weeks ago, and then the next two days are filled with rain. Bah! :redhot:

Work is crazy this week. One boss tells you one thing, one boss tells you another. Boss one then comes in raising hell as to why project A hasn't gotten done when boss two told me to drop it and go to project B. It's an endless cycle......:rolleyes: :mumble:
Wow man, sorry to hear that! HOw big is your company?
Multiple bosses is never a good thing.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Dude, I know I read something about your Achilles problem in another thread. Can you refresh my memory as to what your problem is?

not really sure...anytime I ride ( after I did a century on the 9th), my achilles tendon hurts, I ignored the pain and then it got to the point where I had a hard time walking.
I read some crap on Achilles tendonitis where you can rupture/tear apart your achilles if you keep doing crap when you have tendonitis.

I found some physical therapy crap, been doing that, and like I said - 10 days off, and its still not right

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Doug you should head up this way and we can do an "old injured dudes" ride. Sorry to hear it man, hope it feels better soon. On my ride to work this morning I got brave and rode on a railroad bed to save some time. My wrist was not happy about that :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
not really sure...anytime I ride ( after I did a century on the 9th), my achilles tendon hurts, I ignored the pain and then it got to the point where I had a hard time walking.
I read some crap on Achilles tendonitis where you can rupture/tear apart your achilles if you keep doing crap when you have tendonitis.

I found some physical therapy crap, been doing that, and like I said - 10 days off, and its still not right
Ha, so you perscribed physical therapy via the internet?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Doug you should head up this way and we can do an "old injured dudes" ride.
sounds good! (hopefully we will both heal up quick!)

stosh said:
Ha, so you perscribed physical therapy via the internet?
yup!

......plus a chick I know does PT stuff for old, not like Echo & me old, but real old folks

J

JRB

Good morning. Tried to go ride last night, but they said they didn't have any annual passes for sale yet, at the mgmt office for our local trails. I have tried twice before and just paid the $3 day use. Last year my $30 pass cost $100 because they assed around and didn't get passes for over 6 weeks. I know several people that have bought them, so they have been available in the past. I think the guy working just didn't want the hassle and it's easier to take my $3. Well - it's easier to have the $30 pass and to not dick with that jackass, so I stood my ground and drove 18 miles each way for nothing. I told my homiez to roll out without me and I went and rode the bandit stuff that has a couple of drops. It pisses me off the most that I have well over 200 hours working on the trails with the pass, and when some guy that moved here with the army, they gave him a pass for clearing rocks off of the trail. So, for sanitizing the trails, he gets a pass. For building reroutes and back breaking armouring, I can't buy a pass. I officially reached "f*ck you" point with those assholes last night. I am sure with not loving work and my Xterra, I am about to :blow:.

BTW - I have to spend 4 hours working in the plant today, which I don't mind, except for the fact that people hired before July of last summer may not have legal papers and when some places got raided by INS, the day before yesterday, they left. I loved that we protest about the rights of these folks and then they lie to get work and just haul ass because they did. I really hope to hear something about the shop this week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:

Friend of mine just blew out his achilles playing hockey. F'in ouch. Had surgury yesterday. Take it easy dude and heal up.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I have a BIG ride planned today. Im giddy at the thought of it. Trails are perfect right now after a bit of rain. I have to sell some textbooks to buy tubes though first :rofl:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
WOW lots goin on in the GMT thread,

Stosh, good luck on the Road, do you have a road bike?

Doug, sorry about your achilles, I know some folks who have had A-KILL-es problems and it isn't pleasant, I hope you get some relief soon, and can get back out there and ride!

T, good luck on the Road bike deal, but always remember your roots, no seriously remember how great it is to cruise over roots, logs and rocks, and don't leave os for ROADIE MONKEY or somethin!:D

Splat, I have said it before and I will say it again, Don't ever get upset at growing old, it is a privledge denied many!;) :D PS, you are only as old as you think you are, I have seen your ride reports your doin it in style, I don't know a lot of people of any age that ride as much as you, and as hard a terrain as you! :thumb:

Greyhound Your pics of the trails you built have inspired me, I am building some ladders and stuff for the new trails Manhattan and I are building! thanks for the inspiration:thumb:

BS How are you going to Pisgah if you have to sell books for tube money?:help: :rofl:

Have a good Day Yinz guys!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
brungeman said:
BS How are you going to Pisgah if you have to sell books for tube money?:help: :rofl:
!
I have money put aside for bills/pisgah etc. Im becoming a careful budgeter. Not doing anything unless I can afford it.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Good morning all.
Last night Sara had to drive into town because we had company coming over and there wasn't time to ride in to get some last minute
goods. She got back and said
"I really don't like driving anymore, all I could think of the whole time while stopped at traffic lights and trying to find a parking spot was that I wish I was on my bike" :love: :heart: :heart:
Clear crisp morning here today with blue skies. Rode into work with Sara on our new bikes, then took the long way home :)
Now I have to work on some recent gigs for a while then I'm gonna ride into town and mail out a few photo CD's.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:
T, good luck on the Road bike deal, but always remember your roots, no seriously remember how great it is to cruise over roots, logs and rocks, and don't leave os for ROADIE MONKEY or somethin!:D
Definitely. I love technical XC trails and DHing at Diablo so I am sure I couldn't convert. I am just using the road bike to get in some extra training miles on those days when I only have a short time in which to cram in a ride.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
I am supposed to test ride a couple of road bikes at lunch today too so that should be fun. Maybe I will have a shiney new bike before the week's over!
cool - what are you looking at?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if you want a good workout in a short amount of time, then don't bother w/ a road bike...imo, a hardtail w/ slicks is fine. hell, since it's less efficient than a roadie, you will get a better workout. :D