Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

We're going to meet with the wedding photographer today after. Man there is a lot of crap to plan for a wedding.

Another busy day here at work.

Hope ya all have a great day!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Jenn found some good tickets to a Red Sox/Braves game in Atlanta in the middle of June, so we're going to go see the Sox - should be a fun time.

And, when I got home last night, she had stopped out on her lunch break and picked me up the new Pearl Jam CD :love:

This should be a fun weekend coming up - we're going to see a big hot air balloon festival along with some local stuff (band, food, etc.) and go to a wine tasting the next day.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin stosh.

I mowed the grass last night.

Work is taking me out to lunch to celebrate my permanency.

That's about it - you're jealous, huh?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! I got tickets to see the Red Sox play in Atlanta in June, and for cheap, so that is super exciting for me! :weee: Taking a 'sick day' tomorrow for a grad school interview, and I am very much looking forward to not being in the office tomorrow. I can't wait to have a job that actually interests me. Oh well. It's supposed to be 86 today and sunny, so I will probably be taking off early! Enjoy the end of the week! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

Jenn found some good tickets to a Red Sox/Braves game in Atlanta in the middle of June, so we're going to go see the Sox - should be a fun time.

And, when I got home last night, she had stopped out on her lunch break and picked me up the new Pearl Jam CD :love:

This should be a fun weekend coming up - we're going to see a big hot air balloon festival along with some local stuff (band, food, etc.) and go to a wine tasting the next day.
I saw The Soxs play Philly 2yrs ago. It was one of the best baseball games ever!! It went into extra innings and it was tit for tat and the Phillies ended up winning. However I have never seen so many fans from an opposing team act so tough even after a loss. Philly is baseball town and the fans are tough, but on many occasions that weekend I saw the Soxs fans put the Philly fans in their place.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Good morning! I got tickets to see the Red Sox play in Atlanta in June, and for cheap, so that is super exciting for me! :weee: Taking a 'sick day' tomorrow for a grad school interview, and I am very much looking forward to not being in the office tomorrow. I can't wait to have a job that actually interests me. Oh well. It's supposed to be 86 today and sunny, so I will probably be taking off early! Enjoy the end of the week! :D
is there an echo in here?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
went to the wake last night, then grabbed dinner w/ a co-worker, a guy i worked under @ ireland. we talked a bunch and watched the sox. went home, watched the sox fold in the 9th after repeatedly rallying to tie the game.

rain has stopped, and i should have brought some clothes in so i could ride into work tomorrow. damn. maybe i'll just do a lunchtime run (or ride!) instead.

no post-work ride tonight; miles has t-ball.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had one of the local dirt TT's last night. It was so much fun. It was held on someones private backyard trails. Very technical and extremely tight. Bike handling skills came into play more than fitness. And for N8, the single 29"er came in last place:). Beers and BBQ were enjoyed afterwards.

splat

Nam I am
antimony said:
Good morning! I got tickets to see the Red Sox play in Atlanta in June, and for cheap, so that is super exciting for me!
a couple years ago I was on a Buisness trip to Atlanta nad got to see teh sox down there , Was a lot of fun. especially since I'm used to seeing the Sox in Fenway. Enjoy!

Busy day for me. Right While I'm at work I havea Contractor ripping open the front of my House, Removing 2 windows , and replacecing /Moving them with 2 much larger winddows, I'll post pics when done.

i also Have a dentis appointment at 4 and there are some good trails down by my dentist , so My thursday Night ride will be down there .

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I found a dog yesterday; he's a young (2, maybe 3) pitt bull. Super friendly, it looks like he hasn't been taken care of very well. He's VERY skinny and his toe nails are so long that they cause him to walk funny. Collar, but no tags.

I'm a bit conflicted. It's fairly evident his owners don't care much for him. I wouldn't mind keeping him, but would still feel guilty not making an attempt to find his owners...I think. I'm gonna clip his nails tonight when I get home and decide what to do. Poor thing.

Stinkyboy - you've got pitt, dontcha? I'm gonna drive over and put this beast in your backyard today. ;)

Synchronized pissing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:
Morning,

Had a good WNR last night. Seven turned out for a quick paced run through the desert. It's warming up!
How many miles?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning to all. Did that wet 2 hour ride last night and it wasn't so bad after all. Way too much climbing for my fat butt but the descents through the slimy green rocks, well, rocked! Worst thing was picking a pebble or 2 out of my eye back at the car. Got to witness redneck heaven beforehand with locals doing donuts in the muddy parking lot while honking and waving at us...I fully expected to come back to see broken car windows but all was good.

Off to the other job tonight to fine tune the rig for this weekeend's race then I plan to begin to pack up my crap while drinking a beer or two in the warm comfort of my garage. Ahhh....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jim Mac said:
Morning to all. Did that wet 2 hour ride last night and it wasn't so bad after all. Way too much climbing for my fat butt but the descents through the slimy green rocks, well, rocked! Worst thing was picking a pebble or 2 out of my eye back at the car. Got to witness redneck heaven beforehand with locals doing donuts in the muddy parking lot while honking and waving at us...I fully expected to come back to see broken car windows but all was good.

Off to the other job tonight to fine tune the rig for this weekeend's race then I plan to begin to pack up my crap while drinking a beer or two in the warm comfort of my garage. Ahhh....
do you wear glasses?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a hockey game last night. I had one goal and four assists , but we lost 6-5. Damned goalie stunk - only to find out after the game that he was playing with a broken finger on his catching glove hand.

Dumbass - why didn't he notify the team so we could have gotten a sub in nets.

oh well. Sunny day today, but I'll be working late and then attending a elementary school band concert at 7:30.

I NEED to ride!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:
Morning - had a hockey game last night. I had one goal and four assists , but we lost 6-5. Damned goalie stunk - only to find out after the game that he was playing with a broken finger on his catching glove hand.

Dumbass - why didn't he notify the team so we could have gotten a sub in nets.

oh well. Sunny day today, but I'll be working late and then attending a elementary school band concert at 7:30.

I NEED to ride!
YEAH for your son's band concert :thumb: I have several coming up too!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning! Somewhat boring day today as half of my kids are on field trips. I should have brought my bike in and taken a long lunch! I definitely plan on talking a nice long walk in the park though...I simply can't stay inside all day when it's this beautiful outside. Planning on riding tonight and tomorrow so that's something to look forward to. I did manage to get a lot of crap done this morning...once again I have been up since 4:30am!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Mornin'

Working at Macy's Corporate office for the next couple of months while other things gestate. Gotta say, having a day-job SUCKS. I can't get anything done!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Mornin'

Working at Macy's Corporate office for the next couple of months while other things gestate. Gotta say, having a day-job SUCKS. I can't get anything done!
Ok I'll bite, what exactly are you doing?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good mornin all!

had a great ride last night with the Weds. night crew. A bunch of the guys who took the winter off of riding finally showed up. So it was cool. Manhattan led most of the ride, and we rode a comfortable pace. What we didn't realize was that we put a hurt on a bunch of the guys. Our nice comfy pace was pretty quick for those that were outa shape. (or more out of shape than us) one of the guys we ride with cut a quick trail in over a few large mounds. He told me to take the lead through it, I went like a bat outa hell at the first mound to launch it, only to find out that the path turns about 45 degrees to the right on the top of it. I landed off the path on the back side of the mound with nowhere to go but into the woods and weeds! I saw a 4" round sappling coming up and reached across my body for it, and as I connected the loose soil it was in gave way, and I kept moving uprooting the tree. It took Manhattan a minute to help me up, cause my bike was still attached, and I was tangled up in the rootball. No worries bike was ok and so was I so we rode on and on!

over all a good ride. I pissed off the guy that cut the trail by telling him "just because you can ride your bike on it doesn't mean its a good trail" ;)

Have a good day!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:
Good mornin all!

had a great ride last night with the Weds. night crew. A bunch of the guys who took the winter off of riding finally showed up. So it was cool. Manhattan led most of the ride, and we rode a comfortable pace. What we didn't realize was that we put a hurt on a bunch of the guys. Our nice comfy pace was pretty quick for those that were outa shape. (or more out of shape than us) one of the guys we ride with cut a quick trail in over a few large mounds. He told me to take the lead through it, I went like a bat outa hell at the first mound to launch it, only to find out that the path turns about 45 degrees to the right on the top of it. I landed off the path on the back side of the mound with nowhere to go but into the woods and weeds! I saw a 4" round sappling coming up and reached across my body for it, and as I connected the loose soil it was in gave way, and I kept moving uprooting the tree. It took Manhattan a minute to help me up, cause my bike was still attached, and I was tangled up in the rootball. No worries bike was ok and so was I so we rode on and on!

over all a good ride. I pissed off the guy that cut the trail by telling him "just because you can ride your bike on it doesn't mean its a good trail" ;)

Have a good day!
:eek: Sounds like a heck of a crash! Glad you & your bike were ok! What Iwould give though to see some pictures :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Good mornin all!

Have a good day!
Personally, any trail you can ride your bike on is better than riding the road.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Ok I'll bite, what exactly are you doing?
Wish I could say it was more career oriented, but its not. I'm helping them restructure the store segments of some recent store acquisitions. Thats in resume-ese though, reality is much more boring.

But I did ride my bike to work though! We'll see how much of it is left at lunch time, I'm across the street from MSG/Penn Station and there are a butt-load of people here.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Have to go back to school to pass in a few papers for my qualifying projects. They should actually be pretty interesting, the research paper is going to be done on American imperialism under Teddy Roosevelt. Perhaps I will draw a parallel to our president of today and how their motives were similar.

The second project, which is the one that I am more excited about involves working with high school kids in Worcester to set up a science and technology club. From what I understand I will be there to help teach them cool things and spur their interest in either of the above subjects. It should be fun.

Going for a ride today, should be interesting. Took the fork off of my brothers bike, it is practically brand new and not even broken in, so I guess I will see how I like things with that on it.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Everyone should seriously have seen brungemans fall, it was this big lump like hip that he boosted out of only he didnt "hip" he just did a straight arrow off the top totally missed the trail and took out a tree that was about 5 inches in diameter...he was literally tangled in his bike and bushes...

hilarious...

and to whoever said riding your bike on ANY trail is better than the road, that is not true, some trails flat out suck...

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
yo. I took the new Heckler out last night for its maiden voyage! :weee: I rode in to get to the spot where we're doing some trail work. Did some trail work. Rode out in the dark. What a kickass bike! Hopefully I'll be able to get some action shots sometime soon. Other than that, the Flames suck so I'm happy and sad all at the same time that they got booted.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Here's another Red Sox mention for you ... I just found out that a buddy's girlfriend bought him tickets to see the last game of the Sox-Royals series in August. She bought him 2 tickets and has no intention of going herself (it is a 2 hour drive to KC and she hates baseball) so I get to go. A bunch of guys from the office had already bought tickets to the first game in that series (last year we got to see Schilling get shelled, hehe). I guess I will be going to KC twice in three days then.

J

JRB

Good morning. Tired as a mofo. I hope to find out about the LBS gig tomorrow for sure. It sounds like a done deal, but the owner is slated to see the accountant today. Barring all odd circumstances, I should know by dinner tomorrow.