Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Cleaned the house last night... that about the most exciting thing that happened to me yesterday. Today we're meeting with the minister who will be marrying Aubrey and I. I'm looking forward to it!!

Hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had an awesome ride last night (ride report coming soon). I was surprised how little it bothered my finger, which is good. No time off the bike for me!

Not much on for today... supposed to rain, which we need.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Nothing too exciting last night for me, either. Went to the gym, grilled some shrimp. Mmmmm....grilled shrimp. I should have grilled two pounds instead of one because there were no leftovers.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. Did my longest ride of they year thus far last night - a "whopping" 2 1/2 hours with probably under 1500 feet of climbing/goin' down...Damn am I tired! Chased our pal Bryna (who is now sponsored by Cannondale...local gal done good!) all night except on the downhills where my girth finally came in handy.

Plan for today: work then work some more work then packing for graduation weekend - Mo's getting her MFA so we're off to PA for the weekend; then we're hopefully back in time to squeeze in a most likely wet ride before Mother's day pig out/celebration.

And as the Convenient Mart employee once said to me, "Thank you have a day".

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Felt pretty lazy last night and did not get very much accomplished as far as bike stuff goes, although I did order a decal kit for my Heckler and picked up a set of 20mm Sherman lowers. So I guess sometime next week I will have the pleasure of rebuilding a fork.

Next Thursday will be a glorious day, for a fresh 850 dollars shall be sent my way compliments of my employer and the rest of my work study money. Say goodbye to poverty.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had an awesome ride last night (ride report coming soon). I was surprised how little it bothered my finger, which is good. No time off the bike for me!

Not much on for today... supposed to rain, which we need.
Yeah they keep saying rain for 3 days now but it's only been uber over cast.

I'm hoping it rains this weekend so I can do some around the house type stuff and head out to the computer show!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning peoples. nothing much to report here... just busting my arse to get ready for next week's mayhem! This weekend is the third and last of our Yeti Spring Series races: XC and STXC on Saturday, 4X on Sunday. Then we have to get our team trailer in order (a two-man two-day job) for the Chile Challenge the follwing weekend...

...and somehow manage to get all my client's work done.

Life is rough. :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
group ride turned into a cluster (tons of stops/lost riders/etc), not sure why mr ride leader didnt want to split the group of 20 in half so it would be more manageable (I volunteered to take a group, and early into the ride realized I knew the trails better than he did)...but whatever :wonky2:

the real news, that is real bad news is my friend Jenn ended up in the ER, she broke her leg during the ride!!! and maybe her ankle too! damn! damn! damn! I am so bummed for her, biking is such a huge part of her life. She's suppose to see a orthpedic doctor today to find out what needs to be done :(

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning everyone, Brungeman and I went out on a ride with a bunch of guys last night, the trails in western PA are beautiful, i think im going to need to change my rear tire from a z max to a larsen if this keeps up...

Brungeman absolutely slayed the nastiest dh in western pa, it was pretty wild...You basically cant start sliding or you are dead. That said i pussy footed my way down, and cleaned the whole thing. I was all stoked, then i turn around to see him surrounded by dust dragging rocks and leaves down the hill in a full 2 wheels slide absolutely hurling down this thing...It was badass...

I brought some new castles and Penn Brewery Marzen beer for the post ride party, it was followed by a trip to our local mexican food hot spot....

Good night :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
group ride turned into a cluster (tons of stops/lost riders/etc), not sure why mr ride leader didnt want to split the group of 20 in half so it would be more manageable (I volunteered to take a group, and early into the ride realized I knew the trails better than he did)...but whatever :wonky2:

the real news, that is real bad news is my friend Jenn ended up in the ER, she broke her leg during the ride!!! and maybe her ankle too! damn! damn! damn! I am so bummed for her, biking is such a huge part of her life. She's suppose to see a orthpedic doctor today to find out what needs to be done :(
Wow man that does suck! I hope she heals fast!

What exactly happened?

20 people is a lot for a group ride.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:

yikes on both... the massive group of people and the injury. Good vibes go out to her.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

Just a quick check-in......not a lot going on cause work is really busy, and I've been kinda obsessing over it for the last few days. Hung out with a former roommate last night and had too many beers......paying for it this morning. It's pretty overcast here, and all I wanna do is craw into bed and watch the backside of my eyelids for several hours.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
didn't do much....watched some hockey. read up on some Pisgah trails...i wish we were there for a week rather than 3 days of riding, as there looks to be some amazing stuff available.

douglas, sorry to hear of yr friend's injury. never fun.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Wow man that does suck! I hope she heals fast!

What exactly happened?

20 people is a lot for a group ride.
she was going over a smallish double log and when her back tire hit the logs she went down, and she says she heard her ankle crack during the fall

I was trying to figure out last wewk while following her why occasionaly her back tire would just bounce harshly to the side, it made me nervous for her....I wasnt sure if it was her or her bike, but I think thats what happened/caused her crash.
Shes new to mtn, but has been riding lots of road lately, so shes faster than her skill level is at.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
douglas said:

Damn! Which Jenn, Doug? That sucks. My wife thus far has broken her collarbone and her ankle MTB'ing and doing those ER runs are NOT FUN.

See, if you all went to Pittstown, none of this would have happened! Everything is so techy slow speed that, yeah, you may fall into a pile of rocks, but at least it's a slow fall...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
she was going over a smallish double log and when her back tire hit the logs she went down, and she says she heard her ankle crack during the fall

I was trying to figure out last wewk while following her why occasionaly her back tire would just bounce harshly to the side, it made me nervous for her....I wasnt sure if it was her or her bike, but I think thats what happened/caused her crash.
Shes new to mtn, but has been riding lots of road lately, so shes faster than her skill level is at.
Ahhh gottcha!

So do you now have any idea what is causing her wheel to do that? She had her spokes tightened lately?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Doug - sorry to hear about Jenn's crash and injuries. That sucks. Hope she heals quick and completely.

Laura and I got out on the road last night for a good ride before it got dark. The rain held off just enough and I LOVE my road bike!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Had a good ride with Tweek and Evergrey last night, damn Tweek is fast this year. Wrist is steadily improving, I'm hoping in a couple weeks I can take the gears off and start riding for real.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
it's Jenn C. (veggie girl)

I think it might be cause she never gets off the saddle, maybe puting too much weight on the back wheel?
she rides a hardtail w/a really crappy (hardly any travel) front fork.

I was going to have her ride/try my old K2 at the next ride, see if it would make a difference.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
did some printing and lil'pimping.

I'm sending out a t-shirt for some grassroots MTB race in Durango later today. I asked the guy to make it the DFL (dead fvcking last) surprise prize and to not open it in advance. My little note (I always include a little note) pretty much calls the guy a super-nancy-nopants. The ultimate would be to put the guy on the stage with a mike and make him read the note, and then pants him and hockey shirt him.

J

JRB

Good morning. Still working on the network at home in the evening. I am getting tired. ugh.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
douglas said:
it's Jenn C. (veggie girl)

I think it might be cause she never gets off the saddle, maybe puting too much weight on the back wheel?

I was going to have her ride/try my old K2 at the next ride, see if it would make a difference.
If she never gets out of the saddle and is riding a hardtail that is the problem right there. I know at least for me that anytime there is so much as more than one root in the trail you have to be up and out of the saddle or you get kicked around. Attempting a double log crossing while sitting has the makings for a crash.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:

:eek: Where did you ride?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all. I attempted to go fishing yesterday but it was probably the worst fishing trip ever. My buddy and I went out, didn't catch a single fish, we both snapped our lines and lost lures on snags, and he cut his hand on something when we were walking out. I give up on fishing in syracuse, I'll wait till I can hit up spots back home where I can bag fish all day:)

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
douglas said:
That's exactly what the problem is. I had to learn the hard way several times on the SS (hardtail) of keeping your weight off the seat on rough terrain.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Trainwreck said:
That's exactly what the problem is. I had to learn the hard way several times on the SS (hardtail) of keeping your weight off the seat on rough terrain.

AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am a day late on giving her helpful advice! :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
did some printing and lil'pimping.

I'm sending out a t-shirt for some grassroots MTB race in Durango later today. I asked the guy to make it the DFL (dead fvcking last) surprise prize and to not open it in advance. My little note (I always include a little note) pretty much calls the guy a super-nancy-nopants. The ultimate would be to put the guy on the stage with a mike and make him read the note, and then pants him and hockey shirt him.
Dude, have you spoken with your psycologist lately?

Upping your meds may be the best option.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning everyone, Brungeman and I went out on a ride with a bunch of guys last night, the trails in western PA are beautiful, i think im going to need to change my rear tire from a z max to a larsen if this keeps up...

Brungeman absolutely slayed the nastiest dh in western pa, it was pretty wild...You basically cant start sliding or you are dead. That said i pussy footed my way down, and cleaned the whole thing. I was all stoked, then i turn around to see him surrounded by dust dragging rocks and leaves down the hill in a full 2 wheels slide absolutely hurling down this thing...It was badass...

I brought some new castles and Penn Brewery Marzen beer for the post ride party, it was followed by a trip to our local mexican food hot spot....

Good night :thumb:
thanks for the props, I have been mentally prepping for that hill for a while. It was the same hill that nearly claimed my Nikon D50 on a highside fall earlier in the year.

I LOVE MY YETI:love:

That was a great ride, and we are riding strong and well for this time of year:thumb:

MMMMMMMMMMMM Mad Mex!!!! WHOOT WHOOT:drool: