Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Can't wish I could. that is part of the reason I took the day off. I ahve to pick my son up from school at 3:45 , the other part was I just wanted too and it was a good excuse :D
Yeah, I'm going to need a good excuse to take a day off soon.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Greyhound said:
Cool report, Jim......felt like I was there with you---well minus the coating of mud and choking back vomit. At least you can find some humor in it now. :cool:

Not much to report today. Did a ride at my local loop yesterday evening and beat my fastest time by about 8 minutes. I really didn't feel fast at all---actually quite sluggish....but I just fell into a spin rate and stayed there the whole time. Course, I'm lugging around a 38lb trailbike, so we're not talking a blistering pace by any stretch of the imagination. :hot:
I was attempting to keep up on my 38 lb bike as well!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Heidi said:
Went riding despite threatening thunderstorm skies. It turned into a very pleasant ride though! Then I watched Lost. Dammit, I want more answers!
We too skirted a thunderstorm on our ride last night. With some light rain trail conditions were better than I had seen in memory. We turned a 9.9 moving average over a 17 mile ride, I'm feeling it this morning.

That's good news on the house/property, Stosh. It sounds really nice.

Have a good day.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! I am home today. Right now I am fighting off a terrible migraine and in about 45 minutes I will be hitting the road with the hubby to burn off some steam on my road bike. Little does he know that he will be pulling me up all the big hills ;) Full ride report to follow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
By the way, I haven't forgotten about the article we talked about. I've been scouting markets and once work dies down a little, I'll work on a pitch.

Ohhhh secret stuff....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! I am home today. Right now I am fighting off a terrible migraine and in about 45 minutes I will be hitting the road with the hubby to burn off some steam on my road bike. Little does he know that he will be pulling me up all the big hills ;) Full ride report to follow.
Kell had a bad migraine yesterday. She had to have someone drive her home from work because she couldn't even drive her car. :(

Have a good ride today, wish I could be out there with ya'!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Kell had a bad migraine yesterday. She had to have someone drive her home from work because she couldn't even drive her car. :(

It seems like everybody has Migraines all the time now.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
haha....I meant "ready." Wow, I'm such a good editor :rolleyes:

By the way, I haven't forgotten about the article we talked about. I've been scouting markets and once work dies down a little, I'll work on a pitch.
sweet! I'll get my mom to edit it before we send it out.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Trainwreck said:
We too skirted a thunderstorm on our ride last night. With some light rain trail conditions were better than I had seen in memory.
Yah, I really love riding in that type of weather. Warm, breezy, forest smells good, nobody else out...

Ahhhhhhhh

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Well she’s a bit of a mixed bag these days as she’s moved more into the administrative side. She started as an Art History Prof but now heads the Honors College at Pace U. She also lectures at the Met regularly. Oh, and she wrote a few books and text-books too.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:

:eek: Hope she's feeling better today. I went out and did a 20 mile road ride (including climbing part of Spier Falls Rd.) and I feel pretty good good now. I have been hydrating a lot and the headache is just a nuisance now (luckily). I have elected not to continue with my migraine meds and haven't had too many in the past year so I was pretty surprised to have one today.