Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

We picked out our wedding rings last night. They will be one of a kind hand made rings from a jewler who is a friend of ours. I also found out a good friend of mine is in re-hab. I knew he was batteling some demons for a while now and I hadn't been able to get in touch with him for about a week. His mom called last night to tell me where he has been. He's a great guy... and I feel really bad for him.

ok well on to bigger and better it's payday so that f'ing rocks!!!

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh!!!

It was an Awesome ride in today , COuld have easily gone longer , ( although My Left wrist is sore from yesterdays fall. ) suppose to lead a Mt bike ride tonight if it doesn't rain.

Here at work I'm in atrainig course all day, Again. not a bad class.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good luck to you and your friend both stosh :)

Jenn and I made a tentative offer on a house last night. Haven't signed it yet, just sent it off to the realtor to be written up. It's contingent on a couple things, though, so we'll see how it goes today!

Exciting stuff :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
1st week of the Wednesday grassroots mtn bike race (Holiday Farms - Dalton, MA) - I moved up to the fastest group(4 laps/expert/semipro/pro cat) & did good for the 1st 1/2 of a lap........but ended up getting my butt severly kicked

crashed on some rocks before a bridge and my pedal slammed my calf real hard, still hurts pretty good

however, I did have the lead at one point

http://berkshiresports.fotki.com/holiday_farms_mt/holiday_farms0014.html

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning yo.

I was all ready for a road ride after work yesterday. Imagine my surprise when the wife got home and said she didn't want to road ride and wanted to MTB instead. HOORAY! We had a very nice two hour ride. Man, it was a perfect evening to be riding. :)

No riding tonight. Got some chores to do. I'll most likey work out instead.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hmmm....sunny day today..always good.

90 degrees/78% humidity. SS would melt here.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Here at work I'm in atrainig course all day, Again. not a bad class.
With few exceptions, sitting in a training class is always better than working! :D

Good luck on the house offer, BV! House offers are always contigent on several things. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
1st week of the Wednesday grassroots mtn bike race (Holiday Farms - Dalton, MA) - I moved up to the fastest group(4 laps/expert/semipro/pro cat) & did good for the 1st 1/2 of a lap........but ended up getting my butt severly kicked

crashed on some rocks before a bridge and my pedal slammed my calf real hard, still hurts pretty good

Nice :thumb: I would like to come and do a race or 2...maybe we can meet up and car pool.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning! Yesterday was pretty busy so I didn't really get time to post. I had my final 2 concerts of the school year :dancing: Now, I am giving my Middle School students their final exams and planning end of the year parties while cleaning up my inventory, doing repairs and starting my supply order. It's a lot of paperwork from here on out so I crank up some tunes and get to dress casual pretty much for the rest of the year (not that I don't usually) :D

Big T-storms last night, but I did manage to get a short workout in before my evening concert. Hoping to get some riding done this weekend...all of which will be sans Sq-Earl as our babysitters are on vacation.

Plan for today is to RIDE!

Stosh - best of luck to your friend...seems like he's getting a handle on those demons, I hope he can defeat them for good.

BV -- good luck with the house. I remember when we purchased ours...best investment we've ever made!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - Laura and I went for a nice road ride last night, then when we got back I hit the trails down the street for about a half hour.

Got up early this morning and went out on those trails again. It is nice to be able to wake up, throw on riding gear, ride up the street a bit and hit some dirt!!!

I'm enjoying riding my bike in this configuration too. :thumb:

IAB - where did you and MBC go riding last night??

Hockey game for me tonight at 8 - do or die tonight. We win, we move on, we lose we are out. I hope we win.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Congrats on the rings Stosh.

We had a bit different WNR last night. Russ' light failed about 4 miles into the ride so three of us bailed off the trail to the streets to accompany him back to the vehicles (the other 3 were too far out front). Gary, who lives in the neighborhood and not wanting to the ride to be a loss, took us on a urban stealth run through golf course sidewallks he rides regularly. I had the single speed last night and worked much harder on these sidewalks than I would have on the trail. They went straight up like forever. All you could do was grind on the climb until it became senseless, hop off and trudge up. The view at the top more than justified hike and the trip down (even steeper) through sprinklers, etc. was great. The golf course started about mile 5 through 8.5 shown below.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - Laura and I went for a nice road ride last night, then when we got back I hit the trails down the street for about a half hour.

Got up early this morning and went out on those trails again. It is nice to be able to wake up, throw on riding gear, ride up the street a bit and hit some dirt!!!

I'm enjoying riding my bike in this configuration too. :thumb:

IAB - where did you and MBC go riding last night??

Hockey game for me tonight at 8 - do or die tonight. We win, we move on, we lose we are out. I hope we win.
WTF at no suspension fork and water bottles? Are you riding it on the road?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
did a great ride in the fells last night (been a long time since i've been down there), and just rode into work this morning. great morning for it; it's gonna be blazingly hot for the return ride home.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
WTF at no suspension fork and water bottles? Are you riding it on the road?

Nope! Although she does ride nice on pavement with those big wheels.

I was out for about an hour this morning - it was cool, so no need to fill up a camelback bladder.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
did a great ride in the fells last night (been a long time since i've been down there), and just rode into work this morning. great morning for it; it's gonna be blazingly hot for the return ride home.
Make sure to hydrate during the day for that hot and humid ride home. I hope you don't get stuck in a T-storm. They are calling for them here in CT this evening.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Nope! Although she does ride nice on pavement with those big wheels.

I was out for about an hour this morning - it was cool, so no need to fill up a camelback bladder.
Since the purchase of the Surly Wool jersey I've been hooked.

Greenfisher sports had this beauty on sale today so I picked one up.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
They will be one of a kind hand made rings from a jewler who is a friend of ours.

.....As opposed to those robot-made rings? :)

Hope your morning is going well......i'm a little fuzzy this morning from celebrating my best friends birthday yesterday evening. We started drinking 7&7's right after work, and from there it escalated quickly until, at my advancing age, I called it a night around the whopping hour of 10:30 pm. Man, am I ever a party animal, eh?

Have a good day, y'all!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:
Make sure to hydrate during the day for that hot and humid ride home. I hope you don't get stuck in a T-storm. They are calling for them here in CT this evening.
:stupid: I saw a poor roadie stuck in a heck of a T-storm last night...roads flooded out and everything. I stopped to see if he wanted a ride and he said that (luckily) he only had a block or 2 left to go.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Hey Stosh...another crappy ride last night. About 20 minutes in, I snap my rear deraillieur in two. Pi$$ me off...had to walk about 2 miles home up Spackenkill Rd.

On the good side, I saw a deer (stood there about 6 feet away as I rode by) and a rabbit.

Heading to VT this weekend. Reunion weekend, will hopefully have some good stories coming from that...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Trap shooting last night for the first time in about a year. Round one I shot a 23 out of 25, which I thought was pretty good, as did everyone else. Scored like crap the second time since we moved fields and they threw on lights. For some reason I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination in artificial light, which is odd since it is normally above average.

Oh yea, and the f'in bike shop still hasn't called me. I f'in hate them and their slow ass repair schedules. Goddamn not having the money to justify purchasing facing and reaming tools.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning everyone, busy as hell here at AE but i had to drop in to tell a story. So im out on our wed night ride with brungeman in the park we have been constructing our new drool worthy trail. One of the twisty singletrack areas has a super tight tree spot where 2 trees cant be more than 30" apart.

Well it's tough to do it at speed, but fun at the same time...Well we are riding along yesterday and came upon this section...Someone had cut the 60ft high LIVE tree off at waist level so they could ride through and just left the stump. All of us freaked just astonished at why someone would do that. We had a couple of ideas of who it may be one of which was a local poser who thinks he builds good trails.

Well he was out there riding as well, brungeman caught up to him and asked him if he did it acting all excited...The guy was quick to take all the "credit"...That set a fuse off in brungeman and i think he almost tore the guys throat out, seriously flipped. So we spent the rest of the ride pissed off at the poser guy with the godsmack sticker on his car.

How would you guys handle this?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
Hey Stosh...another crappy ride last night. About 20 minutes in, I snap my rear deraillieur in two. Pi$$ me off...had to walk about 2 miles home up Spackenkill Rd.

On the good side, I saw a deer (stood there about 6 feet away as I rode by) and a rabbit.

Heading to VT this weekend. Reunion weekend, will hopefully have some good stories coming from that...
High School Reunion?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Nice :thumb: I would like to come and do a race or 2...maybe we can meet up and car pool.

you should, and bring the Sq-Earl !!

ps: I go there right from work (Pittstown) not sure if/how that would work for carpooling??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Doug your new office must make for better commutes to the races.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday night for the IAB/MBC pre-bike tour barbecue! :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning everyone, busy as hell here at AE but i had to drop in to tell a story. So im out on our wed night ride with brungeman in the park we have been constructing our new drool worthy trail. One of the twisty singletrack areas has a super tight tree spot where 2 trees cant be more than 30" apart.

Well it's tough to do it at speed, but fun at the same time...Well we are riding along yesterday and came upon this section...Someone had cut the 60ft high LIVE tree off at waist level so they could ride through and just left the stump. All of us freaked just astonished at why someone would do that. We had a couple of ideas of who it may be one of which was a local poser who thinks he builds good trails.

Well he was out there riding as well, brungeman caught up to him and asked him if he did it acting all excited...The guy was quick to take all the "credit"...That set a fuse off in brungeman and i think he almost tore the guys throat out, seriously flipped. So we spent the rest of the ride pissed off at the poser guy with the godsmack sticker on his car.

How would you guys handle this?
I think this almost needs to be a poll post in and of itself!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Doug your new office must make for better commutes to the races.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday night for the IAB/MBC pre-bike tour barbecue! :thumb:
cant wait!

its actually a longer drive (than albany was) but more scenic/fewer cars

as I drove yesterday, I saw a bunch of roadies and then started figuring a century route/ride from my house....including petersburg pass (4 miles @ 7.5%)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:

Great pic Doug!! Congrats on moving up! That which does not kill you.... ;)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. Feel a bit guilty as I skipped a crucial ride last night, but I got to begin some work on the dh rig for the weekend race at Plattekill. Then I took a healthy walk down to the local club to catch an awesome show with Tragedy (OR), Forward (Japan), Warhead (Japan), Phobia (CA) and Ampere (MA). Total crust/grind show...but Tragedy stuck out as being the best band of the evening - total downtuned punk/hardcore with a crushing sound that combines Discharge and Sepultura. Got to see a lot of friends from all over the northeast and even Canada who came down for the show, including some folks I haven't seen in almost 10 years...Amazingly enough, it ended by 11 and after a brief walk home I was in bed by 11:30...ahhhh. Tell you what, though: I can't stand around for such a long time as I did last night - it kills my back.

I think I will have Tragedy playing in my "inner I Pod" during my race run on Sunday!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Great pic Doug!! Congrats on moving up! That which does not kill you.... ;)

Nice photo - Doug gets points for looking like a normal everyday rider vs. the other XC race geekish riders following behind him. :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Hoping to get some riding done this weekend...all of which will be sans Sq-Earl as our babysitters are on vacation.
You coming out on Sunday to ride the SMBA trails, eat some BBQ and drink some malted beverages with me? :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Another uneventful evening at home last night. The wife was out with her friends so the kids and I ordered pizza and watch some movies. Got a call from my LBS, and the size I need my new bike in is backordered for another week. :mumble: Volunteering to help out at a local 5k on Sat.. I usually run it, but decieded my "boys" might not be quite ready for that yet. That and the fact that SMBA is having our spring ride/demo days/BBQ Event on Sunday and I want to be able to ride at that. :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

as Manhattan said, we were riding last night in pretty hot weather and having a great ride until we came upon "THE SCENE" where as described a 7" round tree that was easily all of 60 ft tall was hacked down. NO IT WASN'T DEAD it was a LIVE fvcking tree! Yeah it was a slightly tech section, but that is what MTB'ing is all about!

anyway I blew a gasket... and when I caught up to the person who I thought was the offender, I REAMED him a new one. He rode away with his group of beginner riders pissed at me for yelling at him in front of them! Anyway full of adrenaline I rode hard and fast for the majority of the ride. In the middle of the ride I even did a full out cartwheel bike and all, when I was getting fancy on a little log lip. I was going mach speed, and hit it trying to boost some good air, and went off line a little and got into the loose stuff, front tire washed I went A$$ over Tincups with the bike still attached. Minor scrapes and bruises except for the huge egg on my shin.

STOSH, DO NOT FEEL BAD FOR YOUR FRIEND! THIS IS THE TIME YOU SHOULD FEEL GOOD AND BE SUPPORTIVE!!! He is getting help and that is the best possible solution! (I am watching someone else who hasn't admitted he has a problem, and who won't live another year if he keeps going at this rate) he is a family member and some of the family wont admit he has a problem (they dont know all of the story)