Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup y'all. Did a road training ride with Tweek last night. I felt really strong and he was having an off day, I think it was a rough ride for him. Normally he kicks my ass thoroughly, so it was a nice change :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Sup y'all. Did a road training ride with Tweek last night. I felt really strong and he was having an off day, I think it was a rough ride for him. Normally he kicks my ass thoroughly, so it was a nice change :D
Whatcha training for Echo? A particular race on the horizon?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
Whatcha training for Echo? A particular race on the horizon?
Hardcore 24 at Cutler. Had to do something in place of Dalton :(

Got most of the old NY Dalton crew there, Treesaw, Sq-earl, me, Tweek, Instigator, Sorgie, stuntmatty, Squid, Crashby. Should be a fun weekend and only an hour from home :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
brungeman said:
<snip>Anyway full of adrenaline I rode hard and fast for the majority of the ride. In the middle of the ride I even did a full out cartwheel bike and all, when I was getting fancy on a little log lip. I was going mach speed, and hit it trying to boost some good air, and went off line a little and got into the loose stuff, front tire washed I went A$$ over Tincups with the bike still attached. Minor scrapes and bruises except for the huge egg on my shin.
You just made my morning :thumb: Perhaps one of the funniest images yet :D

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
1st week of the Wednesday grassroots mtn bike race (Holiday Farms - Dalton, MA) - I moved up to the fastest group(4 laps/expert/semipro/pro cat) & did good for the 1st 1/2 of a lap........but ended up getting my butt severly kicked

crashed on some rocks before a bridge and my pedal slammed my calf real hard, still hurts pretty good

however, I did have the lead at one point

http://berkshiresports.fotki.com/holiday_farms_mt/holiday_farms0014.html
Nice doug! #400 Thats Kevin Montgomery, he rides with us quitea bit on thursday nights.

also Next time you race , notice the RM sticker on there the laptop they use for the race. tell them you know me ( I sent them the laptop )

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
After a five months search, I think I have found my analyst here at work. I just interviewed a great candidate and will be putting out an offer to him. HOORAY!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So big day. We've finally got to pick a countertop material and color today (soapstone as the lead right now but its pricey), get a dishwasher ordered (who the f' knew that would take so long) and something else (which doesn't bode well for getting everything accomplished).

Going for a ride today come hell or high water.

And lastly I'm also going to install my first set of UST tires today (after the ride and they are Michelin XCRdry2). Narrower than I normally run but I'll see how that goes.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, MBC and I saw a dead baby deer right in the middle of the trail on our ride last night. The poor little thing was no bigger than our cat. It looked like it hadn't been there very long....no decay or bugs. If we didn't know any better, we'd think it was just sleeping.

That was sad to see. :(

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Hardcore 24 at Cutler. Had to do something in place of Dalton :(

Got most of the old NY Dalton crew there, Treesaw, Sq-earl, me, Tweek, Instigator, Sorgie, stuntmatty, Squid, Crashby. Should be a fun weekend and only an hour from home :thumb:
Nice! Have a good time, ride hard, and have fun! Good luck to all of you participating!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Oh, MBC and I saw a dead baby deer right in the middle of the trail on our ride last night. The poor little thing was no bigger than our cat. It looked like it hadn't been there very long....no decay or bugs. If we didn't know any better, we'd think it was just sleeping.

That was sad to see. :(
That must have been sad. Where did you ride??

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
What loop did you do and how were the conditions?
We did the usual loop. We took the "new" trail where the trail forks about halfway through and right there is where we saw the dead deer. The conditions were great. Only a couple of mud bogs in the places you'd expect to see them. Someone has been doing some work there...there a few new log and ladder rides near the back end of the loop.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
We did the usual loop. We took the "new" trail where the trail forks about halfway through and right there is where we saw the dead deer. The conditions were great. Only a couple of mud bogs in the places you'd expect to see them. Someone has been doing some work there...there a few new log and ladder rides near the back end of the loop.
Log and ladder rides at the Res - wow!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. Not much new. I puked last night. It was rad. I think it was some bad chicken at lunch or something.... :think:

Hopefully some BMX racing tonight or tomorrow night, a trail ride on the other night, and maybe some DHing and trailriding on the weekend :thumb:

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
douglas said:
1st week of the Wednesday grassroots mtn bike race (Holiday Farms - Dalton, MA) - I moved up to the fastest group(4 laps/expert/semipro/pro cat) & did good for the 1st 1/2 of a lap........but ended up getting my butt severly kicked

crashed on some rocks before a bridge and my pedal slammed my calf real hard, still hurts pretty good

however, I did have the lead at one point

http://berkshiresports.fotki.com/holiday_farms_mt/holiday_farms0014.html
that race sounds like a good time. how long is the course?

on another note i went out last night with kids my little sisters age i used to hang out with and ended up haveing to deal with cops bc all but 1 bolted, luckily i dont look my age so they didnt id me and i jsut went home... needless to say i now feel old and wont be doing that again.

on a high note since im not working for 2 wks im doing a ton of riding and i think today i might hit up hale :)

J

JRB

Good morning. Gonna leave at 5 and go pack for AR tonight. Will also be checking the weather there, as it won't stop raining here. I am leaving at 10 tomorrow to head up there. Woohoo.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bella said:
do you by any chance know how many laps beginner women ride?
its not NORBA sanctioned, so you could do 1 or 2........even 3 if you wanted

my friend samantha who races beginner norba, did the 2 lap race yesterday

Dalton has a cool atmosphere, everyone is there for fun - no one takes the race too seriously. if you decide to go, feel free to pm me - I can show you around / do a preride with ya

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
if you want to compare it to norba, its pretty much

1=1st timers/noob's/slow beginners
2=beginners
3=sport
4=expert & up

you decide what you want to do, the only excpetion is for 4 laps they want racers to be expert level & up

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dogwonder said:
Hey Stosh...another crappy ride last night. About 20 minutes in, I snap my rear deraillieur in two. Pi$$ me off...had to walk about 2 miles home up Spackenkill Rd.

On the good side, I saw a deer (stood there about 6 feet away as I rode by) and a rabbit.

Heading to VT this weekend. Reunion weekend, will hopefully have some good stories coming from that...
Did you ride Vassar? I was going to go last night but ended up hanging out with a friend instead. Checked out the new boathouse down by river. I kind of want to give crew a try now. It's an amazing facility.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
stosh said:
I've always wanted to go to Burlington. Heard it's nice up there!
Between UVM and work, I've spent many years in Burlington. It's a fun place especially in the summer. Winters on the other hand can be brutally cold.