Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Another busy day here at work! Another rainy day here in NY!
Supposed to rain all the way thru till Sunday, not that I mind because I can't ride my bike anyway!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Maybe my bike will be done today, maybe it will be done tomorrow. At that rate they are going maybe it will never be done. It has been a mont without it, whats another? Maybe I should bring in the rear triangle and the rest of the pieces just so they can have it all and call me when it is done in 2007. After all, I didn't want to ride this year, riding is over rated at best.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning

Raining again, picked up my sister at the airport last night, she was in that "hellhole" of a state just east of Utah for the past few weeks. I'm hoping to try to get a ride in today despite the rain.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Yep - rain here too *sigh* I should probably go buy the rest of the grass seed we need for the lawn while there is still so much rain in the forecast. With my luck, I'll get the seed spread and the rain will miss us.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Yeah...rain....it sucks. Same 'ol sh*t here today. Nothing remotely new or exciting. I might go by some pedals after work. That's about it. I'm hoping Sat. is at least somewhat rainless as I have plans to give some guest monkeys a tour of our local trails. :)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Yep - rain here too *sigh* I should probably go buy the rest of the grass seed we need for the lawn while there is still so much rain in the forecast. With my luck, I'll get the seed spread and the rain will miss us.
Which equals week upon week of watering the grass then.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Konabumm said:
Mavic Crossland Tubeless
I almost picked up those last fall... a few online places were clearing them out for just over $200 with a free set of tubeless tires.

I'd be interested in a review once you get some miles on them.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Yeah...rain....it sucks. Same 'ol sh*t here today. Nothing remotely new or exciting. I might go by some pedals after work. That's about it. I'm hoping Sat. is at least somewhat rainless as I have plans to give some guest monkeys a tour of our local trails. :)
You get your roadie yet? Is that what the pedals are for?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning Stosh and everyone.
Looks like rain due this weekend so I'm trying to squeeze in riding during the week. Working 12-8 today so I'm going riding this morning. See ya!

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Mornin' all. I'm taking a half-day today. Gotta do get the vee-hickle emissions tested and other random crap. Goin' to see OAR tonight with a couple ladies and just lookin' forward to the damn weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Opeth said:
Can't make it, going deep sea fishing Sunday, which means, I have to be around Saturday because Family is coming over.
Worst excuse ever!

Thats cool man I'm not going anyway I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning.

Great day---Carolina Hurricanes up 2-0 and Zarqawi is Tango Uniform. The world seems a little better today.

Edit: AND I just hit 1,000 posts (again).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good Morning.

Great day---Carolina Hurricanes up 2-0 and Zarqawi is Tango Uniform. The world seems a little better today.

Edit: AND I just hit 1,000 posts (again).
Congrats!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Same old crap here, but I am going out for Chinese at lunch :dancing: so that's what I am looking forward to. Giving more of my students finals today and it's quite obvious which ones practice and don't :rolleyes: What amazes me is that one of my students told me he has practiced everyday since I handed out the review sheet (May 18th) and couldn't understand why he had done so poorly and actually wanted me to give him another chance next week -- truth is his instrument hasn't left my room since our concert on May 16th and he hasn't practiced at all!! I just got off the phone with his mother who told me she's glad he failed...maybe he'll practice more now since she paid for the instrument and he WILL be continuing with band.

splat

Nam I am
Well Lets see, Its still Raining here !

after 9 inches of rain 2 weeks ago, and 3 inches of rain last saturday, the the ground is so saturated that when we got 4 inches of rain yesterday , my basement just couldn't hold is back any longe , and I have a Nice covering of 1/2 inch of water . so Got out the shop vac ,an d a Small pump and got to work. then My car wouldn't start ( dead Battery, )

so I hopped on the fixed gear and off to work. Had an awesome ride in! MY son's school bus passed me on the way, and he was Waving at me like crazy really excited to see me riding , that made it all worth while !

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:

after 9 inches of rain 2 weeks ago, and 3 inches of rain last saturday, the the ground is so saturated that when we got 4 inches of rain yesterday , my basement just couldn't hold is back any longe , and I have a Nice covering of 1/2 inch of water . so Got out the shop vac ,an d a Small pump and got to work. then My car wouldn't start ( dead Battery, )

so I hopped on the fixed gear and off to work. Had an awesome ride in! MY son's school bus passed me on the way, and he was Waving at me like crazy really excited to see me riding , that made it all worth while !
Thats an awesome feeling man!
I can't wait to have kids!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:

It has been so dry down here my grass is dying. And the summer heat hasn't even kicked in yet. The real crappy thing is I'm all burnt out on riding my bikes. Watch I'll get the urge to ride when it is 100 degrees and raining.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
McGRP01 said:
I'm hoping Sat. is at least somewhat rainless as I have plans to give some guest monkeys a tour of our local trails. :)
Can't wait, Tigg! Damn this rain. Any word on the forecast Sat.? I wasn't sure exactly where we'd be riding to check the weather. Where is Spier or where is it near?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
It has been so dry down here my grass is dying. And the summer heat hasn't even kicked in yet. The real crappy thing is I'm all burnt out on riding my bikes. Watch I'll get the urge to ride when it is 100 degrees and raining.
dude, what happened at burn? looked like you were kicking ass for the 1st 15 hours or so

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. My DH race run last night was tough...it was my first run of the day with a detour in the course that I hadn't ridden in years :mad:. Oh well, I'm going to ride it a couple times before next week to learn it better and figure out my gears/shifting and see how much better I can do.

Raining today - BMX will likely be cancelled.

that is all.