Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
bluebug32 said:
Can't wait, Tigg! Damn this rain. Any word on the forecast Sat.? I wasn't sure exactly where we'd be riding to check the weather. Where is Spier or where is it near?
Looks like showers on tap for Sat.. :( Depending on how bad it is, we may have to reschedule for your next trip up this way. I'll PM you directions today hopefully once I decide where we're riding, and we can play it by ear. As for following the weather, you can use Saratoga (12866) to forcast for both locations pretty much.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
McGRP01 said:
Looks like showers on tap for Sat.. :( Depending on how bad it is, we may have to reschedule for your next trip up this way. I'll PM you directions today hopefully once I decide where we're riding, and we can play it by ear. As for following the weather, you can use Saratoga (12866) to forcast for both locations pretty much.
Thanks! It better stop raining :(

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all.

today is the first day of summer for me! WHOOT WHOOT. Yesterday, I handed in all my end of the year teacher crap, and bolted out in time to see Andrew Bird last night. It was an awesome show, and free!:thumb:

I am in the market for a wheelset, and was contemplating the Mavic crosmax XL disc, the DT swiss 340's, and then again I could just build up a set of King's myself! any other suggestions? I will probably post this as its own post, but for now anyone?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
JRB said:
Good morning. I hate my job.
waah waah waah, at least you have a job and hard assets. It could always be a lot worse like living in a 7x9 room with no AC.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a great WNR last night. Rained about 5:00-6:00 and we started out about 7:15. Excellent riding conditions and NO DUST! A new friend rode with us last night and he lugged a 40 lb. FR bike around the desert for 22 miles, his longest ride to date. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Looks like we are headed up to Flagstaff for the Sunday ride. The post earlier in the week got everyone stoked.

Have a good day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
dude, what happened at burn? looked like you were kicking ass for the 1st 15 hours or so

Lost motivation, burnt out. A shame too, for once I was eating well, legs felt great etc. I just stopped having fun riding my bike. Haven't had the desire to get back on the bike since.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Westy said:
Lost motivation, burnt out. A shame too, for once I was eating well, legs felt great etc. I just stopped having fun riding my bike. Haven't had the desire to get back on the bike since.
Uh oh, I think we need to do a monkey intervention....:eek:

Quick people! Time is a factor

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bluebug32 said:
Uh oh, I think we need to do a monkey intervention....:eek:

Quick people! Time is a factor
I'm sure it will pass. The voice inside my head that always yelled "Go Faster MotherF@#ker" went to sleep. I think I need a weekend bender of drunken debauchery to wake him back up.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Westy said:
I'm sure it will pass. The voice inside my head that always yelled "Go Faster MotherF@#ker" went to sleep. I think I need a weekend bender of drunken debauchery to wake him back up.
Yes, good plan. Plan to overdo it and wake up in a haze feeling like a fatt a$$ and that'll give you the motivation to get back on the bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bluebug32 said:
Yes, good plan. Plan to overdo it and wake up in a haze feeling like a fatt a$$ and that'll give you the motivation to get back on the bike.

Shame, disgust and self hatred have always been my motivation. I see punishing long rides and constant injury as pennance for my sins. I've just been too much of a good boy lately.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:

sounds like a plan: good beer, quality tequila, and cheap women for 48 hours...should do the trick :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
:eek: I hope you find your way back....definitely do some drinking and relaxing and you'll be back.