Quantcast

~~~Good Thursday Morning!!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Payday f'ing rock!
It's supposed to finally get warm this weekend, they are talking 90's around here. It's raining right now though, man I'll be glad when it's Aug and dry. :)

Hope ya all have a great day!

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
you're lucky it's dry there. we just had about 10-12 hours of nonstop rain here. flooding all over the place. we won't be able to ride anything close for a real long time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
metalhead119042 said:
you're lucky it's dry there. we just had about 10-12 hours of nonstop rain here. flooding all over the place. we won't be able to ride anything close for a real long time.
I thought that was supposed to be heading this way?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good Morning. Trap shooting got cancelled last night :mad: due to the rain that we got. Grrr, instead I went out to dinner with the boss and a few co-workers.

Got my 5 iron head and shaft last night, I am very excited to put them together tonight. Snake Eyes 600B forged blade with a Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 shaft if anyone cares.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Good Morning. Trap shooting got cancelled last night :mad: due to the rain that we got. Grrr, instead I went out to dinner with the boss and a few co-workers.

Got my 5 iron head and shaft last night, I am very excited to put them together tonight. Snake Eyes 600B forged blade with a Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 shaft if anyone cares.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
FAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I just won tix to the Clearwater Festival on the radio but I thought I was the wrong # caller and hung up as the DJ was saying "No you won"

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning.

Congrats on the fest tix- free tickets are good!

Took the day off today as my co-worker beat me out of taking Friday off. Probably spend the day doing odds and ends- nothing too strenuous.

Have a good day.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
I decided last night to go to mt snow norba nationals Saturday, not to race but to hang out/check out the races...
Have fun, I'll be having breakfast with Bugs Bunny and friends... :rolleyes:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning :stosh: ... 'morning :monkey:s.

Had a super fun trail ride last night. First REAL trail ride on the DOC and let me tell you I now completely buy into the whole 'steel is real' hype that I've been fed all these years. As much as I loved my Chameleon yesterday's ride would have beat me up. After virtually racing through a few trails with two great friends I felt great. I've pretty much been street riding 95% of the time on the bike but it felt so fun to trail ride.

Following the ride we had a few pints of pilsner and some munchies at a bar right down the road.

Have a great day everyone.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
Good morning. I guess I got paid today too. Got the urban bike nearly built up on a new frame last night, but I need to make an adapter for my ISCG mount. I am going to try anyway. We'll see how that works. I likely will just buy an LG-1 a guy has and get a tree to make an SRS.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
stosh said:
I thought that was supposed to be heading this way?
Nope, it just soaked NC before moving out to see. The Tar River here flooded wicked. BV and I went to take pics last night. In other news, I am super excited for the weekend... almost here! :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Stosh, are you gonna go check out Bob Seager?

Riding the 909 tonight with a friend. I hear it's excellent so I'm really excited to check it out.

Other than that, just trying to get things in place to go to a 3-day conference in Boston this weekend.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

In training this morning on Customer service.

had a Great Diner with the CIO last night. I always like going to expensive restauaunt on some one elses tab. I must have put on 10 pounds from that Meal :)

started with a ShrimpCocktail, then Surf and turf which was filet Mingon with Grilled Shrimp and Scallops. and then for desert I had a banansa in a hot Rum and carmel sauce Poured over Ice cream :drool:

douglas said:
I decided last night to go to mt snow norba nationals Saturday, not to race but to hang out/check out the races...
Have fun Doug

about that Time will be riding iwth IAB and other Monkeys in Vietnam , any one else want to join us feel free.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. Last day of work until the 26th for me! :weee: Me and the GF are headed to Nova Scotia for a week...hopefully Alberto doesn't have too much of a shiddy effect on the weather. I'll probably have a pic or two to share when I return.

Went for a bmx ride last night before packing. It was fun.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
antimony said:
Nope, it just soaked NC before moving out to see. The Tar River here flooded wicked. :)
Ahhhhh.....the mighty, mighty Tar. Be very careful---usually quite benign, the Tar can get extremely nasty when we get rains like this. Heard from a few friends down there the Tar was at levels they hadn't seen since Hurricane Fran came through and obliterated several small towns about 8 years ago.

Did you check out your newly aquired land to see how it fared in the heavy rains?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I'm heading to the doctor in a few minutes for my arm. I saw the doctor yesterday because he lives down the street from a friend of mine. He was saying that I have something wrong with my elbow like a broken bone, and a possible fracture in my wrist.
I didn't have to go to work today for that reason, so I'm still in bed, then to the doctor, then I might go fishing.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Last night was packing for our race this weekend and tonight we head out to the inlaws house. I'm feeling anxious about this one because I am not nearly as prepared as I was last year at this time :( I just hope we have good weather and lots of fun.

Doug - have fun at Mt. Snow this weekend.
Tigg - Father's Day fun with Bugs Bunny huh ;) I'm guessing Piper had something to do with that decision.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! Last night was packing for our race this weekend and tonight we head out to the inlaws house. I'm feeling anxious about this one because I am not nearly as prepared as I was last year at this time :( I just hope we have good weather and lots of fun.

Good luck Tree, Echo, Earl & the rest of the monkeys headed to the hardcore !!

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
TreeSaw said:
If temps in the 90's and high humidity sounds fun then we are gonna have a blast! :help: Make sure there's lots of ice for the cooler. I'm actually looking forward to this weekend, but I feel bad for the people doing it solo.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
SkaredShtles said:
I thought that it was illegal to talk like this in North Carolina? :think:

With all the Yankees moving here, we've had to make some linguistic exceptions. ;)

We just ask that they don't bring their style of BBQ with them. We have it perfected already.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
Good luck Tree, Echo, Earl & the rest of the monkeys headed to the hardcore !!
Thanks! We'll miss seeing you out on the course.

Sorgie said:
If temps in the 90's and high humidity sounds fun then we are gonna have a blast! :help: Make sure there's lots of ice for the cooler. I'm actually looking forward to this weekend, but I feel bad for the people doing it solo.
I'm looking forward to hanging out with all of my cool friends. :D

splat

Nam I am
pepe said:
So splat - what was the dinner about?
well I work for a large corporation , ( one of the worlds largest software companies) and we are at a remote office. and teh CIO was in Town for a Conference and decided to take the IS people who are in our location out to dinner, to get to know us, since most all of us came from our company being bought by them last year.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
splat said:
well I work for a large corporation , ( one of the worlds largest software companies) and we are at a remote office. and teh CIO was in Town for a Conference and decided to take the IS people who are in our location out to dinner, to get to know us, since most all of us came from our company being bought by them last year.

That's cool. Decent guy?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Greyhound said:
Did you check out your newly aquired land to see how it fared in the heavy rains?
Not yet, but I was thinking about driving up there tonight, actually. I'll let you know how it looks.

The river isn't supposed to crest until Sunday, so I am anxious to see what the water level looks like then, too. I am glad my land isn't near it!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
antimony said:
Not yet, but I was thinking about driving up there tonight, actually. I'll let you know how it looks.

The river isn't supposed to crest until Sunday, so I am anxious to see what the water level looks like then, too. I am glad my land isn't near it!
So where's BV today? Nothing bad happened to him did it?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Exam this morning. Intense.

Since it didn't rain (and was in fact sunny yesterday) I headed out and did sprints and climbs on the roadie. UGH! Anaerobic pain baby. Sprints into the wind hurt. If it remains nice (i.e. no 30 MPH gusts) I'll probably head out tonight for a distance ride with some friends from school. Other than that, just getting packed to head home for father's day.