Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

This is my last day of work this week, I'm pretty psyched about that!

Hope ya all have a great day!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh is early today.

great sox game last night. big papi w/ the grand salami! and there were a TON of hot chicks at the game. good weather for it too.

getting the stuff packed up for the trip today. SotD will be on temporary hiatus after today's edition.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
woke up at 4something w/ my lower leg feeling all cramped
up, so I stretch it and it POPS into a super f'ing crazy pain - I was freaked being I so thought my achilles (it hasnt stopped bothering me) ruptured, but after a couple minutes the pain lessens and I fall back to sleep - today its my calf that hurts, I really hope its nothing, maybe I should skip tonights ride

oh yeah, working on 3 hours sleep :yawn:

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Wa tough getting out of bed and onto the bike this morning . Might have something to do with taking teh 40 Mile route home last night.

any way once I hit the road felt good. there was a hot babe working out in the fitness center here at work this morning , so of course I did a little bit of lifting before going to shower.

Have a Dirt ride tonight after the ride home.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hello all, been a while for me here - like a week...was off for quite some time last week and did a bunch of riding in MA and Saratoga NY (became a SMBA member!). Got my head handed to me on my 1st drop there - did a half a**ed combination of roll in and pedal kick (in other words, indecisive at the wrong time) with my seat up xc style...ouch. My friend/guide 1st told me it was a "warmup drop". I later found out he called it that because it was the first we were gonna hit, but still the biggest...ouch again.

Did an awesome ride last night at October Mtn. in Lenox, MA last night - almost all singletrack - not too techy but a lot of fun - hit about 1/2 of the trails at a moderate pace in 2 hrs..can't wait to check out the rest.

Hope all have a great day - James.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Finally got out on the road bike last night. Got in a little over 18 miles, avg.'d 15.5mph and in general felt pretty good. It's the first time I've ridden a road bike since 1988, so it took a little getting used to. I found a "train to ride a century" plan that I'm using to get ready for my 75 miler in Aug. that requires me to ride 6 days a week. Darn. ;)

Oh, pics of said bike can be found here.

Have a good day people! :)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got out of work early yesterday to go shooting. Sadly all of the good guns were scooped up early and I went through 3, none of which fit me. Finally I had to compensate with one of them by only resting about 1 inch of the recoil pad into my shoulder. Needless to say each shot kicked up and the stock would hit me in the face. I am sore today. :(

Still trying to decide what to do about a little dilemma tonight. A friend is having his birthday at some strip joint, and while I would normally go, he gets out of work at 10 or so. That means we would get there at 11 or so and I would be out until 1230 or 1. Trying to decide if its worth it or not.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a great ride with IAB and MBC last night! Good Times........came home and went for a really nice walk with Laura and then chilled for a bit before hitting the sack. I slept sooooo good last night.

Today is my son Liam's 10th birthday, so I'll be taking him and his brother Connor out for big ice cream sundaes after Liam's baseball practice tonight. Yum!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
Hello all, been a while for me here - like a week...was off for quite some time last week and did a bunch of riding in MA and Saratoga NY (became a SMBA member!).
Thanks for telling me you were coming up?!?! :mumble: Thank you for supporting the club though!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Jim Mac said:
Got my head handed to me on my 1st drop there - did a half a**ed combination of roll in and pedal kick (in other words, indecisive at the wrong time) with my seat up xc style...ouch. My friend/guide 1st told me it was a "warmup drop". I later found out he called it that because it was the first we were gonna hit, but still the biggest...ouch again.
Drops on the SMBA trails? :confused:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
oh, and yesterday was the local training/race series - got my ass kiked again.

the course was fun, lots of ST and some climbing involved and I felt great on the the 4th lap which I thought was pretty cool.

#'s = 1:21, 12.32 miles, 9.0 avg

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Awesome, good mood today just went down the ****ter. Good friend of mine going to college with an ex-girlfriend, who I still have strong feelings for met each other. EXACTLY what I wanted to happen. :(

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
Thanks for telling me you were coming up?!?! :mumble: Thank you for supporting the club though!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Drops on the SMBA trails? :confused:
It was very, very last minute. My bud called me with 30 minutes notice that he was driving up at 1pm last Friday! Luckily I was off from the "real" work, just trying to true up my dh wheels at the shop! I ran home, shoveled some food in my gullet and we were off! So, sorry about the no notice!

Honestly, I have no clue where we were! The stuff I saw (and fell off of) seemed like options that were made? This is why I need to get it together with you SMBA folks to figure out the system up there. When are the group rides? I should have asked more questions when I got the pass!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

This is my last day of work this week, I'm pretty psyched about that!

Hope ya all have a great day!
I'm in the same boat - off tomorrow.
Tuesday night I broke a spoke on my cross bike, so I took the fixie out last night for a fun little ride.

Tonight I'll ride the fix again & fix the rear wheel on the crosser.

Tomorrow I have to paint a room & we're getting some new carpet put in, but after that I should have 3 hours or so free for a ride. Way longer than I've been getting lately. I'm looking forward to it.

Beach this weekend..... BBQ with friends..... nice....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
I'm in the same boat - off tomorrow.
Tuesday night I broke a spoke on my cross bike, so I took the fixie out last night for a fun little ride.

Tonight I'll ride the fix again & fix the rear wheel on the crosser.

Tomorrow I have to paint a room & we're getting some new carpet put in, but after that I should have 3 hours or so free for a ride. Way longer than I've been getting lately. I'm looking forward to it.

Beach this weekend..... BBQ with friends..... nice....
I'm heading out to Penn State. My cousin lives there (she's not a college student) and we're having a cousin's reunion. Should be fun!!!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
I'm heading out to Penn State. My cousin lives there (she's not a college student) and we're having a cousin's reunion. Should be fun!!!
get me a pine cone!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Ice cream at The Creamery?

Had a large limb fall of the tree in front of my g/f's house. Ended up taking off work yesterday to clean it up.

Stopped by my LBS on Tuesday. Talked to Ghettorigged for a bit as well as some others I haven't seen in awhile.

Checked out some new stuff... really drooling over the Nomad. :love:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
How about a Jimmy kick?

You can get some pine cones when you help me chain saw the fallen tree at my house.
chainsaw!?! For real? That sounds like AWESOME!!!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had an excellent night ride last night, great fun as there was quite a bit of technical climbing.

It's take your kids to work day today at our place so I get to skate at noon.

Have a nice day.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Afternoon Stosh...just got back from Westchester...something about a company down there who may want to hire me. Waiting for the pest guy now to get rid of the bees.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll finally be able to mow the 2 week growth of a lawn tonight. I'm sharpening my machete.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
You really ARE a city boy, aren't you?

Forgot to add I did an 11 mile road ride last night, averaged 18.2 MPH. I feel good about that, and I'm not hurting today at all.

11 miles? Your farm-bumpkin butt needs to do x3 as much!

You coming to Blue on Sun?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
robdamanii said:
You really ARE a city boy, aren't you?

Forgot to add I did an 11 mile road ride last night, averaged 18.2 MPH. I feel good about that, and I'm not hurting today at all.
Dude I give you props for getting on your bike, but I'm not sure 11 miles on the road counts as a "ride" :p That's like 20 minutes.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Dude I give you props for getting on your bike, but I'm not sure 11 miles on the road counts as a "ride" :p That's like 20 minutes.
:stupid: Good that you got out though. But I hope you weren't hurtin after 11 road miles.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Echo said:
Yeah, but at least it was getting out. Hard to get motivated for an hour ride after 8 hours of class during the day sucking the life out of you.

:D

MMcG said:
:stupid: Good that you got out though. But I hope you weren't hurtin after 11 road miles.
I was torturing myself by sprinting into a 20MPH wind. :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
Yeah, but at least it was getting out. Hard to get motivated for an hour ride after 8 hours of class during the day sucking the life out of you.

HahahA

if you think that, you have a long, long life ahead of you.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
douglas said:
HahahA

if you think that, you have a long, long life ahead of you.
Oh, I have no doubt at all. Tough to get motivated at the end of the day in the heat after a long day. I actually wish I had the ambition to go out for 2 hours a night. Besides, that's what weekends are for (goofing off). :D

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:

:D
hahaha, try having that schedule EVERYDAY and a second job too!

I swear, kids these days...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
Oh, I have no doubt at all. Tough to get motivated at the end of the day in the heat after a long day. I actually wish I had the ambition to go out for 2 hours a night. Besides, that's what weekends are for (goofing off). :D

actually rough days make me want to ride more, a ride will make you forget all the 'crap', and put a :D on your face

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
douglas said:
actually rough days make me want to ride more, a ride will make you forget all the 'crap', and put a :D on your face
:stupid:

Or sit out in the garage... radio blaring Mozart... wrenching on the cars... (something about wrenching on old European cars makes classical music more appropriate... :rolleyes: ).

If I'm really lucky, I do both: go for a ride, then work on the cars. :love: