Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man did this week fly fly fly by!!

I'm heading up to Maine tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday. I'm not really looking forward to it.

Man... do I love this time of year in the NE. I love the smells when you are in the woods, the cool evening sleeping with the windows open... Even though the days are getting shorter I really enjoy this time of year.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello! It's FRIDAY for me!!! And MBC, and Splat, and MMcG, and Quo_Fan, and If_rider....

Can't wait to ditch work tomorrow to RIDE!

:D

My hips are rather sore. I ran on the treadmill pretty hard the last two days and my body is not used to that.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning. Not going into the office today. Going out with a photographer to take pictures all day for the upcoming issue. Then we're going to the CIA to meet with a master pastry chef and eat the recipe we're shooting :drool: And then a ride tonight! Should be a great day :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning. Not going into the office today. Going out with a photographer to take pictures all day for the upcoming issue. Then we're going to the CIA to meet with a master pastry chef and eat the recipe we're shooting :drool: And then a ride tonight! Should be a great day :D
You going to be able to get there on time?
Have fun at the CIA, I've always wanted to eat there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Yeah, I'm all packed up. I said I would "work from home" if I got done early. That means I'll be thinking of work....from the trailhead.
Bwahhhhhhhhhh brilliant!!!!

Aubrey bought me 2 new pairs of gloves yesterday!!!
She has made me a happy man!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Meh......pretty much a lot of the same-ole, same-ole. Went out after work and slung some dirt for about two hours and headed home to a fantastic meatloaf the wife already had going. Yummy. Never met a meatloaf I didn't like. I mean, it's meat......in a loaf. What could be better than that? :oink:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
bluebug32 said:
Yeah, I'm all packed up. I said I would "work from home" if I got done early. That means I'll be thinking of work....from the trailhead.

Ha! That's great! .....If I called in and said "I'm working from home today." They would be like, "Oh yeah?....why don't you just stay there for the rest of the year--we'll get along." No love.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
Meh......pretty much a lot of the same-ole, same-ole. Went out after work and slung some dirt for about two hours and headed home to a fantastic meatloaf the wife already had going. Yummy. Never met a meatloaf I didn't like. I mean, it's meat......in a loaf. What could be better than that? :oink:
:drool:

I love meatloaf... I haven't had it in forever.

I have trouble stopping myself when I eat it - I'll just stuff myself until on the verge of sickness.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo....got my pivots, bushings and bearings replaced on the Kona last night - friggin' nightmare but it's done! Now just need to solve the mystery bleeding brake problem and I should be ready to go to Platty this weekend for race # 4 - I think I busted the bladder (I'm waiting for the jokes in incontenence and my age - bring it on, baby!) in my brake arm caliper...Was supposed to hit up Jiminy after work yesterday to get into the "DH mood", so to speak, but pivots took precedence.

So, tonight = work, work other job, (hopefully) fix brake, street ride with the beast and finally go home for din din before 10:00...

Have a most excellent day.

Doug - glad you're feeling slightly better!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jim Mac said:
I think I busted the bladder (I'm waiting for the jokes in incontenence and my age - bring it on, baby!)
Just to get this over with:

<nelson>

Ha Ha! You're old and incontinent!

</nelson>

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning stosh ,monkeys

rode a few laps around prospect park yesterday right after work to get some riding in. work has been brutal with 12hr days being the norm. at leasr sat. I will be poolside in the hamptons for 4 days!
I took the pooch to the dog run and then to moms, where she insisted on jumping in the pool,swimming to the raft and then enjoyed standing on it! I took pics w/ my cellphone. next time I will bring a camera and post piics.. its pretty funny.
have a great day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
morning stosh ,monkeys

rode a few laps around prospect park yesterday right after work to get some riding in. work has been brutal with 12hr days being the norm. at leasr sat. I will be poolside in the hamptons for 4 days!
I took the pooch to the dog run and then to moms, where she insisted on jumping in the pool,swimming to the raft and then enjoyed standing on it! I took pics w/ my cellphone. next time I will bring a camera and post piics.. its pretty funny.
have a great day!
Man 12hr days, that sucks!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crashby said:
Packing up for 4 days in the Adirondacks with my girl... Chopin' wood, cookin' food, drinkin' rum... hikin' trails... woot!
I'm totally jealous!

I can smell the pine trees now....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
tell me about it! its been 2 weeks of this crap already..it makes 7hr days fly by
Yeah thats true!
So will you guy start slowing down around Thanksgiving?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Had a good night last night. Free BBQ dinner courtesy of the MS Society of CT - appreciation dinner for the MS Bike Tour riders. Little Mark's Barbecue catered it - good BBQ!!

I'm trying to do some mtb boostin and dealin today - we'll see what happens.

Narlus - you know mtbtom well right?

Happy Thursday Monkeys!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Had a decent night last night. Wifey is still out of town so the kids and I played around for a while. Going over to my parents tonight for dinner. Mmmm....Prime Rib... :drool: Other than that, not much doin'. Oh, except for the fact that the stupid weather people are now calling for 60% chance of thunder storms on Sunday for Ididaride. 75 miles in the rain...great. :rolleyes:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Back to the GMT after a work induced hiatus. Been crazy around here lately. Today is my Friday since I have to go to Burlington tomorrow for a wedding. Will probably try to stop at the the Magic Hat brewery on my way out of town (or at least Vermont Pub and Brewery).

No ride this afternoon though, Max needs to be tended too. Rats, haven't had a good ride in a while.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Home with a sick daughter today.

Had a nice WNR last night. Met at a friend's house that was about 5 miles away so I just rode there from home. The park where we rode was even closer so now that I know I can get away with it I won't even have to pack up the truck- just head out the driveway. :thumb:

Tentative ride for the weekend is McDowell comp loops tomorrow.

Have a good weekend.

A shot from the summit in Thunderbird Park

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Mornin.

Longest.

Week.

Evar. :mumble:

I chucked the DH2.0 back onto the F1 last night...again. Parking lot test felt great. Hopefully I'll be able to ride enough this weekend to get a better feel for how its going to work.

Trailwork tonight...tranny and berm fixage. Then I have to figure out how to ride out with a pulaski, mattock, 2 shovels, and a McLeod. :think:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
good thursday morning indeed.

cause i'm fixin to shut this damn computor down, get out of this office, and make tracks for snowshoe.
four days of riding, racing and watching the guys at the monster park madness event, throw themselves off incredibly tall s...

later.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
dhbuilder said:
good thursday morning indeed.

cause i'm fixin to shut this damn computor down, get out of this office, and make tracks for snowshoe.
four days of riding, racing and watching the guys at the monster park madness event, throw themselves off incredibly tall s...

later.
me = jelous

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I just figured out that I trashed a crank arm/bottom bracket on my commute into work this morning ... details.

That was dissapointing.

I hope the rest of the day gets better.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
good mornin, or afternoon for all you eastcoasters... i went to alpenrose last night for a track lesson which was sweet theres nothing like the feeling of getting pulled through those corners. anyways we had races at the end and i won the womens one so im pretty stoked. now i just need to go get a track bike :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon ladies and gents.

It was a rough day today. I ot up at 7 for homemade pancakes and french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, taters and coffee, then I was on a dive boat by 9, under water at 9:51. Two dives this morning, pasta, salad and homemade cookies for lunch, and then a dive at 6:30 tonight. Life is rough, you know?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
robdamanii said:
Afternoon ladies and gents.

It was a rough day today. I ot up at 7 for homemade pancakes and french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, taters and coffee, then I was on a dive boat by 9, under water at 9:51. Two dives this morning, pasta, salad and homemade cookies for lunch, and then a dive at 6:30 tonight. Life is rough, you know?
whew...glad I don't live your life...:mumble: