Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Good afternoon all. Got in a solid (yet short) 8 runs at Jiminy Peak after work! I love that it takes me 2 minutes to get down the trails on the small lift and close to 10 to get back up...Felt solid: Whiteface race here I come!

Need to do some semi major work on the Rocky Mountain Pipeline (my trail bike) tonight for a possible ride in Pittstown SF tomorrow post work...the singlespeed I think has attributed to my double tennis elbow/tendonitis.....icing both elbows simultaneously has become a pain in and of itself.

The weekend looks good thus far- Mo's old high school friend is coming up from NY to do downhilling with us at Jiminy on Saturday. Any northeast folks are cordially invited to attend as well!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Jim Mac said:
Good afternoon all. Got in a solid (yet short) 8 runs at Jiminy Peak after work! I love that it takes me 2 minutes to get down the trails on the small lift and close to 10 to get back up...Felt solid: Whiteface race here I come!
jiminy is probably my favorite place for DH now, locally-speaking. definitely more fun than mt snow, killington or attitash.

when you get off the main (big) lift, bomb down the fire road, do the little hip jump on the righthand rock wall, drop speed and bang a hard left, drop the little rock and then the new rock drop, go into the sweeping right-hander and haul ass into the two woods sections...man, that is so much fun. :love:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
narlus said:
jiminy is probably my favorite place for DH now, locally-speaking. definitely more fun than mt snow, killington or attitash.

when you get off the main (big) lift, bomb down the fire road, do the little hip jump on the righthand rock wall, drop speed and bang a hard left, drop the little rock and then the new rock drop, go into the sweeping right-hander and haul ass into the two woods sections...man, that is so much fun. :love:
I haven't been on the big lift since 7/30 and I follow you UNTIL the new rock drop? Where is that? I know the hip pump to the hard left/little rock drop....HMMMM!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Good night last night. Got home from work and a friend of mine had brought me a back a growler of Bunker Hill Blueberry Ale from the Boston Beer Works. Good stuff! :drool: Had some of that and then went downtown to see a local band (Big Medicine) that was playing in the park. They were decent, although I prefer seeing the members perform solo acoustic than I do when they get together. Kinda wierd.... Not much on tap for today, work is busy though. Tomorrow night I should be riding with Treesaw and Sq-Earl after work. :thumb:

Have a good one :monkey:'s
:( We'll be in Rochester for a monkey's wedding so we can't ride tomorrow night. Next week for sure!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Jim Mac said:
I haven't been on the big lift since 7/30 and I follow you UNTIL the new rock drop? Where is that? I know the hip pump to the hard left/little rock drop....HMMMM!
you know after that little rock drop, there was a right hander? well if you stay inside, on the right, some enterprising soul found a cool little rock wall type thing to launch; you just have to make the righthander that more abruptly now. fun stuff.

from there, it's the ~50 yard open road, bang a left into the little treed trail, out and back in the woods, and out near the top snowmaking pond.