Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm going riding today which I'm pretty excited about! :)
Been a couple weeks since I was last on a bike.

Should be having a good ride with DogWonder, Hooples, and Tame Ape at Stewart on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to that!

Hope ya all have a great day!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Glad to hear your getting out on your bike Stosh. I am planning a road ride tomorrow...hopefully 30-40 miles, but we'll see. Heading out to the Rochester area for the weekend for a family wedding which should be a lot of fun. Today I am recruiting elementary band students so I get to play a bunch of instruments for them and give the same speech 6 times before lunch -- yeah me! At least it's mindless.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I did 11-miles last night and felt good. Taking the day off to rest today, going to do an easy ride tomorrow w/ Kizzi, and then REALLY hammer something significant out Saturday. At least 20 miles.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good morning! Glad to hear your getting out on your bike Stosh. I am planning a road ride tomorrow...hopefully 30-40 miles, but we'll see. Heading out to the Rochester area for the weekend for a family wedding which should be a lot of fun. Today I am recruiting elementary band students so I get to play a bunch of instruments for them and give the same speech 6 times before lunch -- yeah me! At least it's mindless.
You should tell them you'll pay for their college if they come play for you for only 1 week a month.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not much last night (spending some time learning more about RAW conversion, what fun), rode into work today, Comets on Fire and Major Stars tonight. yow!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a good day yesterday, capped off by a great ride. My legs are feeling it this morning.
Good to hear things are going well.
You dont' think you could swing down Saturday for a ride do ya?

splat

Nam I am
Good Morning

Not sure what is was with Grumpy drivers this morning ! had One who made a turn right in front of me before Stopping ( I had to lock up the my Brakes ) Nose to nose with Me , and was lookinf at me like I was from mars as I was yelling at him , to get off teh phone and drive ( yes he was on a cell phone ) , then just before I got to the office ,there is a Right turn at a traffic light , well it was red and I just cruised down the right side passing all the cars , and it turned green just as I got ther eso I turn at the same time as this Blue SUV, and the driver she opened her windows and was yelling something at me ( obviously with displeasure about something , I could not hear what she was saying so I yelled back at her I still Love you babe !! the look on her face was price less as she then drove off.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
You should tell them you'll pay for their college if they come play for you for only 1 week a month.
LOL! I hadn't thought about that approach. The sad part is, the kids get all excited to play and need school instruments and I don't have enough for everyone so I have to go on a "first come/first serve basis" and that leaves out a LOT of kids :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
LOL! I hadn't thought about that approach. The sad part is, the kids get all excited to play and need school instruments and I don't have enough for everyone so I have to go on a "first come/first serve basis" and that leaves out a LOT of kids :(
I tried out for band in 5th grade, I didn't make the cut for some reason.

I doubt it has anything to do with my extreme lack of musical tallent.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning

Hockey again last night. Liam's Squirt A team's first practice. they are gonna be good. They've got a great combination of size and speed.

Back to the rink again tonight for Power Skating Clinic sessions for Liam and Connor (and me too - they asked me to be an on-ice assistant).

I gotta find time to get my rear wheel back in alignment sometime soon though!

IAB - where are you guys riding?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good Morning

Not sure what is was with Grumpy drivers this morning ! had One who made a turn right in front of me before Stopping ( I had to lock up the my Brakes ) Nose to nose with Me , and was lookinf at me like I was from mars as I was yelling at him , to get off teh phone and drive ( yes he was on a cell phone ) , then just before I got to the office ,there is a Right turn at a traffic light , well it was red and I just cruised down the right side passing all the cars , and it turned green just as I got ther eso I turn at the same time as this Blue SUV, and the driver she opened her windows and was yelling something at me ( obviously with displeasure about something , I could not hear what she was saying so I yelled back at her I still Love you babe !! the look on her face was price less as she then drove off.
You freakin hellraiser.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Quiet evening last night as usual. Got home, rode up and down our street helping my daughter practice riding her bike w/o training wheels. So awesome. Watch some US Open tennis and went to bed at 10. :) Today I'm dropping the steelhead off at the LBS to get some gears put on for the Churn & Burn. After that our C&B team has a "meeting" at the local watering hole. :cheers:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I did a group road ride (8 people I think), like 23 miles - a lot less hilly then the stuff by my house.....then (w/ a few additional people) a bbq at one of the riders house.

I must be getting old, 5.5 hours of sleep = tired Doug

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. Quiet evening last night as usual. Got home, rode up and down our street helping my daughter practice riding her bike w/o training wheels. So awesome. Watch some US Open tennis and went to bed at 10. :) Today I'm dropping the steelhead off at the LBS to get some gears put on for the Churn & Burn. After that our C&B team has a "meeting" at the local watering hole. :cheers:
Nice! I am getting excited & nervous!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
and a Bum liver probaly doesn't help either .

you becareful man!!
:shocked: I thought you were supposed to be taking it easy Mr.!

I feel good. And I am riding extra caustiously, and only on the road. And its sooo good for my mental health

The doc ok'd using an exercise bike, but said no to actual riding until Nov 4th, but thats more about concern for falling and getting reinjured....(and me not being able to sue him IF something happened)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Been way too busy with school to do much else. Get out and ride about once a week, but most of my time is consumed doing homework, studying, working, extra help, all the good things associated with school. That and the stress is already building.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I feel good. And I am riding extra caustiously, and only on the road. And its sooo good for my mental health

The doc ok'd using an exercise bike, but said no to actual riding until Nov 4th, but thats more about concern for falling and getting reinjured....(and me not being able to sue him IF something happened)
Ah. As long as you promise to take it easy! I'm generally up for a road ride too and you'll have to take it easy with me 'cause I'm still slow ;)

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
How is everybody today?

I'm going riding today which I'm pretty excited about! :)
Been a couple weeks since I was last on a bike.

Should be having a good ride with DogWonder, Hooples, and Tame Ape at Stewart on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to that!

Hope ya all have a great day!
What about the twins? Beth and Rob?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Unfortunatly no. Saturdays are my day with the kids, so they are out automatically. Sundays are possible though...
I was just simply hoping to go for a nice mellow hike with whom-ever is still around.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning. Got woken up at 4am by the ass upstairs... again! :disgust: Other than that, just hoping they actually work on our house LOTS the next couple days. They had a few days off cause of the rain, so I want them to bust their butts. Weather looks beautiful and is supposed to stay sunny and in the upper 80s and right around 90 for the next 10 days! :D Have a good one, all!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
can we session the chainsaw too?
The chainsaws were on loan from a friend and I had to give them back.

We could use the electric chain saw or we can use my new Pulaski.
I'm making a "beach" area where bruzer can easily enter the stream behind my house. I'm sure we can find something to chop there!

And just so you don't get any ideas it's not a nude beach!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
The chainsaws were on loan from a friend and I had to give them back.

We could use the electric chain saw or we can use my new Pulaski.
I'm making a "beach" area where bruzer can easily enter the stream behind my house. I'm sure we can find something to chop there!

And just so you don't get any ideas it's not a nude beach!
If promise to let me use it, I can bring my dads (provided certain stars align in the Postal Service)

edit: Its a gas 2-stroke that is either yellow or red.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
If promise to let me use it, I can bring my dads (provided certain stars align in the Postal Service)

edit: Its a gas 2-stroke that is either yellow or red.

This is probably the funniest post I've ever read!

Are you sure his chainsaw isn't diesel too?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Haha...you're just jealous that you're not as foxy as us ;)
He called you guys "The Glimmer Twins" which I thought was freaking funny as all get out!

Sucks you can't ride today!
You guys still gonna race next weekend?