Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
He called you guys "The Glimmer Twins" which I thought was freaking funny as all get out!

Sucks you can't ride today!
You guys still gonna race next weekend?
lol

Yeah, work has been the supersuck this week. Our deadline was Tues. I've got a few other job-related reasons to be happy though, so hopefully this gig will be over soon.

I should be back to riding next week and the race is Sunday. You going to try to ride it with us? I've got some extra forms.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. Work then play a show with my band tonight opening up for CARNIVORE, of all bands, sheesh...should be, err, interesting.

Otherwise any other free time will be spent wrestling new tires on the DH rig for the next Platty race this weekend.

Over and out - James.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
lol

Yeah, work has been the supersuck this week. Our deadline was Tues. I've got a few other job-related reasons to be happy though, so hopefully this gig will be over soon.

I should be back to riding next week and the race is Sunday. You going to try to ride it with us? I've got some extra forms.
I'm in no shape to be racing right now.

L

luelling

Good Morning

Not sure what is was with Grumpy drivers this morning ! had One who made a turn right in front of me before Stopping ( I had to lock up the my Brakes ) Nose to nose with Me , and was lookinf at me like I was from mars as I was yelling at him , to get off teh phone and drive ( yes he was on a cell phone ) , then just before I got to the office ,there is a Right turn at a traffic light , well it was red and I just cruised down the right side passing all the cars , and it turned green just as I got ther eso I turn at the same time as this Blue SUV, and the driver she opened her windows and was yelling something at me ( obviously with displeasure about something , I could not hear what she was saying so I yelled back at her I still Love you babe !! the look on her face was price less as she then drove off.
Drivers suck here as well.....luckily I ride to work at about 5:45 am so there aren't too many people out. I just always yell at people "Hey, its one less car!!!"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hang out then? Pre-ride with us? I don't even think Rob remembers what you look like, darth bailer....:rolleyes:
STFU why aren't you riding tonight?

I didn't bail, from the begining I told you I couldn't ride thats different!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
STFU why aren't you riding tonight?

I didn't bail, from the begining I told you I couldn't ride thats different!
I haven't been getting out of work until about 8. I wish I could ride! This job is driving me nuts. At least we got out like 6 times last week.

Dude, I told you for weeks that Rob was coming down for over a week. We just wanted to grab an hour on the trail with you :(

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Dude, I told you for weeks that Rob was coming down for over a week. We just wanted to grab an hour on the trail with you :(
I was only there for a week. That's not much time you know.

Last I saw Stosh, he was wandering around with a Yuengling bottle in his hand, dressed in a monkey suit. I think the whole season of summer went by without riding with him.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Good Morning

Not sure what is was with Grumpy drivers this morning ! had One who made a turn right in front of me before Stopping ( I had to lock up the my Brakes ) Nose to nose with Me , and was lookinf at me like I was from mars as I was yelling at him , to get off teh phone and drive ( yes he was on a cell phone ) , then just before I got to the office ,there is a Right turn at a traffic light , well it was red and I just cruised down the right side passing all the cars , and it turned green just as I got ther eso I turn at the same time as this Blue SUV, and the driver she opened her windows and was yelling something at me ( obviously with displeasure about something , I could not hear what she was saying so I yelled back at her I still Love you babe !! the look on her face was price less as she then drove off.
The other day I was riding in to work, some dude backed out of his driveway in front of me and I had to brake hard and swerve. So as I went by I said something not nice to the effect of "bikes have a right to the road too". As I was saying it I noticed his window was down, doh. So a little further down the road he pulls up next to me with his passenger window down and I was like, oh jesus here it comes. But it turned out he was a nice old dude and was apologizing profusely because he didn't see me. I think he was genuinely sorry. I felt bad for cussing him out :(

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon monkeys.

Second day of class and I'm quite sure that Thursdays will be the bane of my existance. Other than that, I'm just plodding through until I'm done at 6 and can come home to relax.

Life is a bore otherwise.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The other day I was riding in to work, some dude backed out of his driveway in front of me and I had to brake hard and swerve. So as I went by I said something not nice to the effect of "bikes have a right to the road too". As I was saying it I noticed his window was down, doh. So a little further down the road he pulls up next to me with his passenger window down and I was like, oh jesus here it comes. But it turned out he was a nice old dude and was apologizing profusely because he didn't see me. I think he was genuinely sorry. I felt bad for cussing him out :(
Damn. I hate it when that happens. My first reaction when someone does something is to let loose with a string of F*Bombs. Everyonce in a while the person apologizes or something. Then I feel like an ass. Your story is a good reminder to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
yo. Nothing exciting here. Riding over the weekend may have been a mistake as my wrist is hurting like a mofo.

Prelim trailwork last night for an upcoming trail day. We have to find a way around a ravine that has been super washed out...used to be a fun section :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yo. Nothing exciting here. Riding over the weekend may have been a mistake as my wrist is hurting like a mofo.

Prelim trailwork last night for an upcoming trail day. We have to find a way around a ravine that has been super washed out...used to be a fun section :(
Was it ridden to much?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
, then just before I got to the office ,there is a Right turn at a traffic light , well it was red and I just cruised down the right side passing all the cars , and it turned green just as I got ther eso I turn at the same time as this Blue SUV, and the driver she opened her windows and was yelling something at me ( obviously with displeasure about something , I could not hear what she was saying so I yelled back at her I still Love you babe !! the look on her face was price less as she then drove off.

Maybe she was yelling for you to wait in line...like you should have. :clue:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Was it ridden to much?
Not really, but we had some abnormal rainfall over the the last two summers and it washed away most of the soil so it's just one big gnar rock garden for about 500 feet. Not really sustainable and there's no easy way around. We plan on making the re-route the only way down for the time being and maybe fix up the original line to make it the 'hard' way down sometime in the future.

BTW - those 8x3 shifters you sold me a while back - theyre actually 9x3! :bonk: It actually worked out better for me, though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Not really, but we had some abnormal rainfall over the the last two summers and it washed away most of the soil so it's just one big gnar rock garden for about 500 feet. Not really sustainable and there's no easy way around. We plan on making the re-route the only way down for the time being and maybe fix up the original line to make it the 'hard' way down sometime in the future.

BTW - those 8x3 shifters you sold me a while back - theyre actually 9x3! :bonk: It actually worked out better for me, though.
Wow, sorry about that dude. They were the SRAM ones correct? I should have know that, weird!
I have 8x in the back on my brain!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Wow, sorry about that dude. They were the SRAM ones correct? I should have know that, weird!
I have 8x in the back on my brain!
LX dual control dealies. I don't have the PM anymore, but I'm 99% sure you had them advertised as 8x3 as I bought them for my commuter which is 8spd. Either way - no need to apologize!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
LX dual control dealies. I don't have the PM anymore, but I'm 99% sure you had them advertised as 8x3 as I bought them for my commuter which is 8spd. Either way - no need to apologize!
Oh right... hrmm that would have been my mistake then!
Sorry man!
Is it snowing up there yet?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Oh right... hrmm that would have been my mistake then!
Sorry man!
Is it snowing up there yet?
It has up where the DH trails are, but not in the city. Though, it very well could any time now! We're rocking a native american summer right now so hopefully it lasts!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It has up where the DH trails are, but not in the city. Though, it very well could any time now! We're rocking a native american summer right now so hopefully it lasts!
I'm hoping for a slight extension on the summer I feel like I missed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
that is why you should come up to Monkeyfest Part Duex
Yeah.. I thought about it. I'm just not sure we could squeeze it in. I actually feel like I haven't gotten to enjoy the area I live in this summer. There are so many things I like to do around here and I haven't gotten to do many of them this summer.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
that is why you should come up to Monkeyfest Part Duex
September is going to kick all kinds of ass. Ashford pre-ride this weekend, the 24 hour race next weekend, KT the last weekend of the month.

:dancing:

Nothing planned for October though.....other than eight days in Disney World.