Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ahhhh......the 'ole Sea-Roach and Jesus Juice. Sounds tasty. I'd probably go on the ride, though.
I would too, I hate lobster and it's with a bunch of Aubrey's teacher friends who are pretty cool as far as teachers go but the guys just stand around talking about the weather and stuff.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
How are things going for ya? Haven't seen you around here in awhile.

Pretty good generally. I work for a PD now and they frown on using computers at work for sites like RM. I like my job generally and have had a lot more time to work on things I like to do. They are currently in the process of spec'ing out a public wireless network...so I might be able to use my Ipac or a laptop to hit the RM from work soon, at least at lunch.

I'm finally getting a settlement for being run over while biking home from work. I bought a bike (motolite) and a camera (canon digital rebel xt) to celebrate.

I was in a uphill time trial last week..I suck at hills and the other guys didn't. I was between my anaerobic heartrate and max the whole time, and had people passing me like I was standing still.

My daughter won a gaming contest (mario kart) and some prizes...she even beat the store manager 2 out of three races ad she's 5 and a half.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

My exciting evening was taking the kids to piano lessons last night.

Grabbed the single speed for the commute from where I park to work and it had a flat on the rear. Next hanger was the squishy bike still uncleaned from last weekend so grabbed that. It's sitting here in my cube making a nice little dirt pile under it. :biggrin:

Narlus, nice photo as always- you got my attention!

Have a good day.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I'll keep that in mind. I hope they have some chicken to eat.
It's more of an in between meals, sipping wine. Alittle too sweet for my taste with a meal. But I like fairly acidic wines generally. Also try Rivendell's City Cab. It's an awesome red. They have wines from all over the state. I always buy Standing Stone there (a finger lakes winery). Haven't had a bad bottle from them yet.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Pretty good generally. I work for a PD now and they frown on using computers at work for sites like RM. I like my job generally and have had a lot more time to work on things I like to do. They are currently in the process of spec'ing out a public wireless network...so I might be able to use my Ipac or a laptop to hit the RM from work soon, at least at lunch.

I'm finally getting a settlement for being run over while biking home from work. I bought a bike (motolite) and a camera (canon digital rebel xt) to celebrate.

I was in a uphill time trial last week..I suck at hills and the other guys didn't. I was between my anaerobic heartrate and max the whole time, and had people passing me like I was standing still.

My daughter won a gaming contest (mario kart) and some prizes...she even beat the store manager 2 out of three races ad she's 5 and a half.
That's awesome, man!!! Glad to hear things are falling in line for ya. :cheers:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Gawd, I am so unmotivated to work right now.
You have no idea how hard it is to work right now. I am changing jobs (and careers really) sometime within the next month or two.

The hard part is that I don't know when! The position that I am taking isn't open yet and it isn't clear when that person is leaving. She gave notice that she was interviewing for other jobs, but doesn't have anything yet.

I am trying not to mail it in ... but it is sooooo hard to care right now.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
You have no idea how hard it is to work right now. I am changing jobs (and careers really) sometime within the next month or two.

The hard part is that I don't know when! The position that I am taking isn't open yet and it isn't clear when that person is leaving. She gave notice that she was interviewing for other jobs, but doesn't have anything yet.

I am trying not to mail it in ... but it is sooooo hard to care right now.
Are you supposed to give notice that you're interviewing for other jobs? I thought it was usually kept on the DL unless you know you're being laid off or something. I'm currently interviewing for something else, but my employer has no idea.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
If you hate lobster and just stand around talking about the weather you're going why?
There is a prepaid $48's that says I'm going. Oh and my wife says so too. Plus I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than biking with you 2. :)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Are you supposed to give notice that you're interviewing for other jobs? I thought it was usually kept on the DL unless you know you're being laid off or something. I'm currently interviewing for something else, but my employer has no idea.
I don't know about most places, but my boss is a really great person and everyone who works for him has so much respect for him to let him know if they looking. He isn't the type of person to be spiteful and let someone go, rather he would expect to be listed as your first reference. I've worked for the same guy for 4 years as a student and another 10 as a professional, and he will still be my boss in the new job.

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Dude, the restraining order was finally lifted, ok!

And, I thought married people were supposed to hate each other
It goes like this the first 5-10 years are great, the next 20-30 suck,
then the last year is the best mostly becuase you forgot the past 20-30. at least thats what I hear....I'm still in the 5-10 bracket my self:biggrin: