Quantcast

~~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Congrats again on the job move.
Do you have a week or so off between jobs?

First day at the new gig is Mon.

I took some time off the last couple of weeks. The problem was that I had too much to do at my old job to bail after 2 weeks and the new place wanted me asap, so 3 weeks was really all I could manage.

I have my big vacation coming up though, so it's all good. :happydance:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

I took some time off the last couple of weeks. The problem was that I had too much to do at my old job to bail after 2 weeks and the new place wanted me asap, so 3 weeks was really all I could manage.

Big vacation?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

Ps. Dont' you think you should buy one of these for Rob?

www.steepandcheap.com

Bikebro

Chimp
Apr 13, 2005
Good number of people here are getting new jobs. Makes me think that George might not be lying about how the economy is doing.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
It won't be gone where it counts. Loveland is reporting a 45" settled base already! :cheers:
Yeah...I don't mind snow in the mountains and foothills but I like it to be dry in town. Glad I had 4WD this morning....lots of people spun out and in ditches :biggrin:

Can't wait to get out and play!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
SWITCHING jobs..... not GETTING jobs!!!
Same thing. You're aquiring a job that previously wouldn't have been available in an economy that was less than booming. Last I read, there was a 4.2% unemployment rate for college graduates......college graduates!! That's insane-good economy right there.

Course, I'm sure the gloom-and-doom factions will be front and center to refute all of the above. I give it 6 posts before that happens.......

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
good Mid morning!

I had a ride report I was waiting to link too, but the Mods must be too busy this morning to check it over an post it!:brow: HINT HINT!

anyway, I rode my new ride last night, which was cool... nothing much planned for now!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
good morning all,

Another day at .net class. Yesterday was a nightmare. went to work for 2 hours before class and then went back to work for a little downtime, which turned into a nightmare of 5-6 hour outage. Left home at 5:30 in the morning, pulled into the driveway at 9:30 at night.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I got in a good night ride last night. It was a bit chilly. In the 50s for sure. Brrrr. Tonight we're meeting for beers and grub with Orv and Shyrmp. I found out that those guys live near my friend Kevin, so he's gonna get hooked up on some new riding spots. Kev and I had beers and I had chicken fried steak after the ride. And corn. I love corn. The climb at this place we rode isn't brutal if you are used to climbing, I'm sure, but my fatty bo batty ass had a long ride up. If you ever thought Heather would be a ball of really fun energy, you are right. She and Orven and some of the most solidly cool and nice peeps I have met recently. She even wore the Secret Santa socks I sent her a while back. Here are a few pics.

For stosh

Shyrmp kicking up dust

Ozzer - sorry the pic is blurry, but he's picking his nose in the good one. :D

Kevin and Shyrmp striking a pose

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all. I've had a nice morning so far. 4 good groups of kids for lessons, a fire alarm (not pulled by a student for once) and a so-so band rehearsal. I'll take what I can get. Atleast we're not outside watching the firemen again...that was entertaining. Aparently the home & careers class was burning something and a teacher pulled the alarm because there was a lot of smoke :p 3 trucks showed up...2 gorgeous firemen and a really hot firewoman. No, I don't have pics because I don't have a camera phone.

Hoping to get some errands run during my lunch break so I must go for now!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys.. 1 more night of work and that should be it for a bit... hopefully.. Nights has a way of messing up your life..
Sat night is our annual Halloween party.. Looking forward to it, its always a bash!! Hopefully I will remeber the latter half of the night. " mini Guinesses" have a way of sneaking up on you!!!
today will be spent at Fine-Fare and costco in preperation for the party.. Catch ya later!!
Have a great day