Quantcast

Good Times DHin with Douglas and Tonyhawk today

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I just wanted to throw a shout out to douglas and Tony for a great time today at Jiminy Peak - things were a bit slick out there today - and I struggled a bit, but overall I had an awesome time and can't wait to get back there.

Sorry I missed you two guys at the end of the day - I was buyin beers too! ;)

Thanks again guys - looking forward to hitting Jiminy again soon.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nope - no pics - Tony and douglas were always ahead of me anyway - and I forgot my camera.

Also - LexxD it was nice to meet you and your friend today.

Good Times!

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
yeah, the beer was tempting, but so was one last run - I just couldn't resist. oh, then there was the other last run after it :D damn, I'm sore today. good thing its raining, so I can't ride.

can't wait to go again, hopefully in drier conditions. I'm glad you guys were able to make it -- that was a blast!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I cant think of a better way to spend a sunday, then paying TEN BUCKS to for a lift ticket and go DH'ing with a couple of cool :monkey:s !

Jiminy was pretty good, not many trails (compared to Palttekill) but tougher then I thought - I had a couple hard falls that I'm feeling today (sore back)

Jiminy definitely has some steeeeeep trails !!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
Jiminy definitely has some steeeeeep trails !!!
Yeah thanks for taking us down that super steep beast of a trail :rolleyes: ;) :D

You definitely can't beat $10 lift tickets (thanks Pedros Fest!) and I think with more time, more riders and more work on the trails that Jiminy will be a really kick ass destination.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
Yeah thanks for taking us down that super steep beast of a trail :rolleyes: ;) :D

You definitely can't beat $10 lift tickets (thanks Pedros Fest!) and I think with more time, more riders and more work on the trails that Jiminy will be a really kick ass destination.
if you think that was steep, you should have seen the one Steffen took us on afterward. :eek: it followed a loose rocky riverbed. I bent my front wheel on it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
if you think that was steep, you should have seen the one Steffen took us on afterward. :eek: it followed a loose rocky riverbed. I bent my front wheel on it.
I'm glad I opted for the beer then - I was getting tired and I struggled a lot yesterday - I probably would have killed myself riding Jericho! :eek:

Tony - I have an extra Mavic 519 front wheel if you need to use it - it's yours to use.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
tonyhawk said:

and I slammed my back into a tree

:eek:

:dancing:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
you gotta have talent to do that..... :rolleyes:
Damn - someone should have had a camera.

Hope you are okay douglas!

I gotta get that spoke replaced on my front wheel and I I'm debating on going to a single ring set up on the Cheeta. either that or some type of dual ring plus guide set up.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
You all have been bad monkeys... :mumble: << I just love it!

Not even a parking lot group shot... I tell ya.... :D

I'm itching for some DH... :drool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jozz said:

it was fun - I could benefit from a DH clinic of sorts though methinks.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
it was fun - I could benefit from a DH clinic of sorts though methinks.
Nan, just ride and it will come naturaly... just practice the same trouble spot over and over until you get it right.... or break something :p

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jozz said:

well, I spent Sunday morning replacing a spoke, trueing my wheel...and fixing a flat! I didnt even have time to find my DH riding shorts - so I ( as usual) forgot my camera!

but here's something to look at
http://www.jiminypeak.com/sum/s_b_trail.html

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jozz said:
Nan, just ride and it will come naturaly... just practice the same trouble spot over and over until you get it right.... or break something :p

haha - it definitely helps to ride the same trail over and over - you find the better lines, know what's coming etc. etc. and can get faster with each run