Quantcast

~~ Good Tuesday Morning ~~ in stosh’s absence

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good Morning Monkeys, we are one day closer to humpday and the conclusion to that crazy lady on trading spouses.

I was reminded that I have 24 days left until the baby’s due date. I’m getting a little nervous.

What’s on everyone's plate for today?

Question of the day: What is everyone's favorite Starbucks drink?

I like their coffee, house blend mild.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
A fun day indeed, I'm going to the doc to get the knee checked out from Saturday's ride and sitting in line to get the truck emission tested with a triple venti non-fat latte.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning....

i was suppose to be off today but my boss asked as a favor for me to come in... all paid ot. so I figured why not.. since its the middle of the week and I am off on friday anyways.
been a busy 2 days with work so not much riding.... my Tshirt came last week.. i had to rock it sat night. they look pretty good .

other than that gotta get through today and the rest of the week should fly!!!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Trainwreck said:
A fun day indeed, I'm going to the doc to get the knee checked out from Saturday's ride and sitting in line to get the truck emission tested with a triple venti non-fat latte.
I guess that means you hurt your knee, hope everything is ok. Hurting you knee is a kick in the :nuts: they just ever seen to heal the same and you always are scared you will hurt it again.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Going to go see if there is an open time slot to interview for GE since our Career Development Center was kind enough not to let me know that you had to turn your resume in early in order to get a time slot. They said there are some still open, so keep your fingers crossed on my behalf.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MancilG said:
What’s on everyone's plate for today?

Question of the day: What is everyone's favorite Starbucks drink?

morning...today is work then to the dentist (check up/cleaning) then probably a bunch of nothing @ home

I have never been to a starbucks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning y'all. Same crap here. It is beautiful outside and I am stuck in a cement cube. No fav Starbucks drink but my favorite coffee is a nice Kona blend.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Today is day 16 without Power here at work. I am SO over dragging a generator outside every AM to fire up all the computer equipment. Its also nice that the AC doesnt fire up at night so when I get to work it is a nice balmy 80-85 degrees in the office. Not sweltering, but just warm enough to make sitting at your desk for more then 20 minutes at a time uncomfortable and smelly.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys - great night last night. hit the gym @ work, then the wife picked me up and we went into boston. grabbed a nice southwestern-influenced meal @ Masa, then went to the Roxy to see Super Furry Animals. awesome show. very entertaining, those welsh guys. funny, great sound, great songs; a bit of a mish-mash of styles from all over the place. you can pick out hints of the beach boys, techno, beatles, even marvin gaye ("juxtaposed"). plus they played "Ice Hockey Hair", a great seldom-heard EP track from '96. was not expecting that at all. and when's the last time you've seen a band who used the act of chewing celery as a percussion instrument?

definitely check 'em out if they are in yr burg.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dude, Tuesday is always "F'ing" day.

You get an F' for your work on the GMT today.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Today is day 16 without Power here at work. I am SO over dragging a generator outside every AM to fire up all the computer equipment. Its also nice that the AC doesnt fire up at night so when I get to work it is a nice balmy 80-85 degrees in the office. Not sweltering, but just warm enough to make sitting at your desk for more then 20 minutes at a time uncomfortable and smelly.
I feel for you

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
You read the thread on Bustedspoke on the stuff being built @ Highlands in NH ? :eek: I'm nervous already. Sounds burly.
blah blah? :D

yeah, skinnies to 12' drops aren't my cup of meat. hopefully there are some easier lines on the mountain. seriously though, i hope that place opens soon...it's always next year. :nopity:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
blah blah? :D

yeah, skinnies to 12' drops aren't my cup of meat. hopefully there are some easier lines on the mountain. seriously though, i hope that place opens soon...it's always next year. :nopity:
:D
I'm not super worried about the drops & stunts. It's the 20' jumps I can see myself getting in trouble. Terrible at judging the speed req'd for that stuff. At least for saftey's sake they are tables. Crap..

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

I don't like coffee and have never been in a Starbuck's Coffee Shop---ever. Does that make me a freak? I hope not. Just naturally wired from the moment I wake up.

Not a lot to report so far this week........one of our contractors called yesterday to say that they were missing three roof trusses in the shipment we sent to them last week. Although all my records show that they were made, under the insistence of the big-boss, we made 'em again. This contractor has a pretty chaotic job site with many houses going at once, so it's pretty likely that they just got lost in the mix is what I told the big-boss in my defense..........turns out that I was right---they ended up finding the three trusses. The Hispanic framers on their crew got some things confused and put them up on the wrong house. So, after all that hand-wringing and some testy accusations thrown around, I came out looking like I knew what I was doing. Yea for me!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
so yeah, yesterday the landscaper we hired started work on pruning all our trees and shrubs. Man, he hacked the HELL out of them and they look great now. He cut them way down and shaped them. It really makes a huge difference in the appearance on the yard. Man, we should have hired this guy sooner. What he did in a day probably would have taken me a week of full time attention.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MancilG said:
Sounds like fun, I'm sitting in a 6hr phone training course today.
LOL - That sounds brutal! Nothing new here - except that Bachelor got PUMMELED with snow and I know where I will be this weekend! :dancing: :dancing:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Just sitting here at home waiting for the plumber to get here and do the annual furnace cleaning/PM. Not much on the plate for today. Gotta take my daughter to pre-school around noon and pick her up at 3pm. I'm hoping between, the UPS man will drop off my new chainring and I can make it to the LBS to finish my new build. I have a club meeting this evening which means (as you all know by now) that I will be drinking beers tonight! :thumb:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I Are Baboon said:
so yeah, yesterday the landscaper we hired started work on pruning all our trees and shrubs. Man, he hacked the HELL out of them and they look great now. He cut them way down and shaped them.
Any cool shapes???

FreshPants

Chimp
Mar 6, 2005
Denver, CO
Heidi said:
Any cool shapes???
Not unless round is funny.

(someone please get this reference...)

Used to drink Starbucks but have moved on to local roaster coffee from Kaladi Brothers. I really should go to work now...

FP

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MtnBikerChk said:
Other than that, she had a good night last night. Her new coat came in the mail.....

Hehe - I put this on my dog for fun this weekend when we went out.