Quantcast

~~ Good Tuesday Morning ~~ in stosh’s absence

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
mornin' all. rainy day here in the bay area.

my car got broken into a few weeks ago, had the drivers side window broken out. Well, I had the window replaced, and wouldn't you know it the power window stopped working yesterday - it froze up with the window halfway down. I tarped up the door, but I'm about go outside and see how much of last night's rain is inside my car :(

oh, coffee. I prefer Peet's, but either way small coffee w/ honey and soy. That's one of the reasons that I like Peet's - they are one of the few places to have honey and soy out on the counter. Most places, Starbucks inlcuded, you have to ask for the soy, and then they often dump a bunch in the cup and f*ck up my coffee. bad way to start a day.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
ROCKLAND said:
:D
I'm not super worried about the drops & stunts. It's the 20' jumps I can see myself getting in trouble. Terrible at judging the speed req'd for that stuff. At least for saftey's sake they are tables. Crap..
Everything up there is supposed to be super fun with the ability to ride around stunts if you do not have the skills to ride them.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Polandspring88 said:
Everything up there is supposed to be super fun with the ability to ride around stunts if you do not have the skills to ride them.
I have no doubt it's gonna be fun. :cool: Can't wait for next summer.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Snacks said:
What? Are you making fun of me? ;)
Maybe just a little, I think its funny I stop into SB every morning and people ask for a Double Stuffed, reverse back flip, triple shot, low fat, hot, "something or other" and waiting for 20min to get it.

I roll in and say "Large mild coffee"

I'm out 30 sec later...

I love it

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MtnBikerChk said:
Found a TICK on my shirt last night - he was a little guy. He must have jumped a ride in the house on the dog. EW!

Other than that, she had a good night last night. Her new coat came in the mail.....
i think your dog is smiling at me

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MancilG said:
Good Morning Monkeys, we are one day closer to humpday and the conclusion to that crazy lady on trading spouses.

I was reminded that I have 24 days left until the baby’s due date. I’m getting a little nervous.

What’s on everyone's plate for today?

Question of the day: What is everyone's favorite Starbucks drink?

I like their coffee, house blend mild.
Wow - this post is so well written.

What the Hell is wrong with you over on Slopemonkey? :mad:

Don't be nervous about the baby thing - it'll happen when it happens. No point freaking out about it. :D

Answer of the Day: Starbucks sucks.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Heidi said:
Hehe - I put this on my dog for fun this weekend when we went out.

is that a springer spaniel??? how is his/her temperment???

I had one that was really nasty to everyone

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
SkaredShtles said:
Wow - this post is so well written.

What the Hell is wrong with you over on Slopemonkey? :mad:

Don't be nervous about the baby thing - it'll happen when it happens. No point freaking out about it. :D

Answer of the Day: Starbucks sucks.

Look out everyone the world is about to end, it's the apocalypse!!!!

Sharedshtles actually said something nice to me!!!!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MancilG said:
I roll in and say "Large mild coffee"
Is anything at Starbucks mild? It always feels like their coffee is eating away at my stomach. I try to avoid Starbucks for this reason and because I could buy a pound of non-burnt beans for what seems like the price of one of their drinks.

However on these chilly days, I do very much enjoy the occasional Mocha :)

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
I like the addition of a daily question, although I don't drink coffee. Mountain Dew is my caffeine fix. But nice touch :)

I am actually going to get some MD momentarily so I don't burn out on my TWO neuro quizes today (Cranial nerves and auditory/vestibular systems). Please be jealous of my life :p

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So...

The drain system in the cadaver lab started backing up during class.

You turn on the sinks, and all kinds of.....juice, bits, water, etc started bubbling out of the floor drains.

That was my cue to exit.

And I HATE starbucks coffee. The only decent thing they can make is a cafe mocha.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
hooples3 said:
is that a springer spaniel??? how is his/her temperment???

I had one that was really nasty to everyone
Ours is not typical at all. She is VERY mellow. We rescued her from the pound where they had taken her and her babies out of a neglected environment. She is really very sweet.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
MancilG said:
What’s on everyone's plate for today?

I like their coffee, house blend mild.
Work, pick up car from service center, about it.

Let's see, I really like their Mocha Valencia. That is of course when I patronize them. Normally go to the small guy/local guy.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
robdamanii said:
So...

You turn on the sinks, and all kinds of.....juice, bits, water, etc started bubbling out of the floor drains.
We had a girl last semester who once a week had a random piece of something fly into her mouth. We had a professor that was vigorous in his dissections. Without fail...in Becca's mouth :D

Just remember our table's moto: "When in doubt...cut it out" ;)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
kizzi77 said:
We had a girl last semester who once a week had a random piece of something fly into her mouth. We had a professor that was vigorous in his dissections. Without fail...in Becca's mouth :D

Just remember our table's moto: "When in doubt...cut it out" ;)
I've not eaten anything yet.

We did remove some unidentified bit of plastic/rubber tubing about 2 mm diameter from the subclavian vein. Still not sure what it is...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MancilG said:
Maybe just a little, I think its funny I stop into SB every morning and people ask for a Double Stuffed, reverse back flip, triple shot, low fat, hot, "something or other" and waiting for 20min to get it.
Last time I was in a Starbucks I had that exact lady in front of me.:mumble:

And why can't they just small, medium and large instead of grande, venti, mumbo jumbo? It's f'in coffee.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Wumpus said:
Last time I was in a Starbucks I had that exact lady in front of me.:mumble:

And why can't they just small, medium and large instead of grande, venti, mumbo jumbo? It's f'in coffee.
LOL! And a "tall", is really not all that tall. In fact it is quite short. It is the smallest.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MancilG said:
Currently I am liking the Venti Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte

Good late afternoon! Busy day at school for me...half day for the kids means meetings all afternoon for me and cramming as many lessons in the AM as possible. Tonight we have a bike club meeting so I have to get my work at home done early so I can head down there for a little while. Other than that...just getting fatter every day!

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
robdamanii said:
So...

That was my cue to exit.
Wow. That sounds precious.:dead: