Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man, this place has been F'ing crazy lately with Biggins as our F'ing leader!! :)

How is everybody today?
Nothing much to report here, tried to watch Harry Potter's newest movie for the 2nd time last night. I can't seem to stay awake for it....

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin all.

It's cold as hell here which makes me want to just skip school and go snowboarding. But that won't happen. :( Haven't been doing much other than watching TheKadvang, T-Pirate, biker3, dhracer1067, chico and a few others completely dominating MTBR. Its pretty funny but sad at the same time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mtnbkr4235 said:
Mornin all.

It's cold as hell here which makes me want to just skip school and go snowboarding. But that won't happen. :( Haven't been doing much other than watching TheKadvang, T-Pirate, biker3, dhracer1067, chico and a few others completely dominating MTBR. Its pretty funny but sad at the same time.
It's warm here today, almost 50. Tonight we're supposed to get wacked with a rain storm.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning.

I'm completely exhausted. This whole business with leaving work and having it be pitch black already is killing me. I hate it.

Are you still planning on moving, Stosh?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning.

I'm completely exhausted. This whole business with leaving work and having it be pitch black already is killing me. I hate it.

Are you still planning on moving, Stosh?
Yeah I think so.... I can't see a huge reason for us to stay around here. This is all totally dependant on what we think of the place when we head down in the early spring though.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Man, this place has been F'ing crazy lately with Biggins as our F'ing leader!! :)

How is everybody today?
Nothing much to report here, tried to watch Harry Potter's newest movie for the 2nd time last night. I can't seem to stay awake for it....

I can not wait - my roommate is moving out soon!! (I think this w/e)
:D :D :D :D :D

ps:bggins aint my leader

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mtnbkr4235 said:
The low this morning has been 4 so far.... I think there's going to be a high of like 15ish.
That sounds like NY in Jan. It's been fairly mild so far this year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I can not wait - my roommate is moving out soon!! (I think this w/e)
:D :D :D :D :D

ps:bggins aint my leader
I didn't realise you had a roommate....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Was supposed to play raquetball last night, but my buddy had to cancel at the last minute (stupid work). Ended up puttering around in the basement instead - swept up some debris, moved in some furniture, etc. I'll be putting up the screen and projector tonight, and hopefully getting a satelite receiver running as well. If I can get that done, then I'll also move the stereo gear down there so the theater will be reasonably well setup.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Was supposed to play raquetball last night, but my buddy had to cancel at the last minute (stupid work). Ended up puttering around in the basement instead - swept up some debris, moved in some furniture, etc. I'll be putting up the screen and projector tonight, and hopefully getting a satelite receiver running as well. If I can get that done, then I'll also move the stereo gear down there so the theater will be reasonably well setup.
Do you have Cable or just satelite?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Just sat - they don't offer cable where I live.
I've tossed the idea around of getting satelite. I think the thing that bothers me about it is the fact that the times when I want to watch it the most IE. snow storms and rain storms there is a good chance it won't work.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Yeah I think so.... I can't see a huge reason for us to stay around here. This is all totally dependant on what we think of the place when we head down in the early spring though.
Yeah, my girlfriend and I are planning a time to go down - her cousin works for Delta so he gets buddy passes for almost no money. We fly standby, but for a $50 round trip ticket, I'll take the chance.

May just drive, though, still not sure on that. But we found a lot of nice apartments to look at as well as checking out the town - if we like the town, we can look more seriously into the apartments when we're there.

Cripes some of those apartments are cheap. A two bedroom apartment for $500-600 a month?! They aren't even ghetto apartments. I've got a two bedroom apartment for $800 a month and I consider that a good deal - a rathole of a two bedroom apartment goes for $675+ around here.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I've tossed the idea around of getting satelite. I think the thing that bothers me about it is the fact that the times when I want to watch it the most IE. snow storms and rain storms there is a good chance it won't work.
yea... we'll see how it does over the winter. We've had some hellish rain storms already and the dish works fine. We'll see though if/when the snow comes.

My big problem is that we can't get ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX with the dish... and since cable isn't offered, our only option is rabbit ears, which work marginally well at best.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Yeah, my girlfriend and I are planning a time to go down - her cousin works for Delta so he gets buddy passes for almost no money. We fly standby, but for a $50 round trip ticket, I'll take the chance.

May just drive, though, still not sure on that. But we found a lot of nice apartments to look at as well as checking out the town - if we like the town, we can look more seriously into the apartments when we're there.

Cripes some of those apartments are cheap. A two bedroom apartment for $500-600 a month?! They aren't even ghetto apartments. I've got a two bedroom apartment for $800 a month and I consider that a good deal - a rathole of a two bedroom apartment goes for $675+ around here.
I've gone and done some research on wages and what-not as well. I will be making approx 25% less as will my GF however the homes cost about 1/2 to even 2/3 less then where I live which puts us in pretty good shape IMO.

I've actually been looking more into the Lincolnton area.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
You ever wonder when the hell you got so stupid? I do.
You know you're avatar is wearing a Santa Hat? You know that putting santa hats on avatars was my idea on here right?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I've gone and done some research on wages and what-not as well. I will be making approx 25% less as will my GF however the homes cost about 1/2 to even 2/3 less then where I live which puts us in pretty good shape IMO.
See, the funny thing is that housing costs less than my area, but the pay is actually more down there for the same jobs for both my girlfriend and me.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I didn't realise you had a roommate....

right now I have two roomates, well sometime FIVE!!!...........the real problem has been since #1 got back with his wife, who's been staying (with their 2 kids) way way too much (she currently lives 3 hours away)

ofcourse $800 extra monthly does have its benifits

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
See, the funny thing is that housing costs less than my area, but the pay is actually more down there for the same jobs for both my girlfriend and me.
Thats really strange. I'm not even sure how thats possible.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
right now I have two roomates, well sometime FIVE!!!...........the real problem has been since #1 got back with his wife, who's been staying (with their 2 kids) way way too much (she currently lives 3 hours away)

ofcourse $800 extra monthly does have its benifits
Wow, that would piss me off so much if my roommates wife and kids would stay over so much.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Wow, that would piss me off so much if my roommates wife and kids would stay over so much.

well.............he is a realative so i give him/them some slack, but if he didnt plan on moving out on his own he/they would be getting the boot.

before it was cool cause he worked opposite shift so I barely even saw him, but now - :mumble: kitchen is a mess, livingroom is full of toys, etc, etc

I want my house back!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Thats really strange. I'm not even sure how thats possible.
Well, I'm kind of in a funny area. The housing/property values in this town have shot through the roof in the last 5-10 years with this influx of people who are moving away from the city areas towards a more rural setting. Consequently, rent in this town is exorbitantly high for the pay scales.

A good example of this is the house my parents sold three years ago - they built the house for $190,000 and sold it about seven years later for $280,000. However, the average pay in the area hasn't increased enough to justify such a big gap in price. The area is still rural enough that there are only a few large employers. I work for one of them, and let me tell you, the pay is no great shakes here.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I'm waiting for snow, screw 80degree weather.
Don't hold your breath. We spent $400 on snow tires for my wife's car 2 weeks ago. I'm sure that means it won't snow a flake around here all winter.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
F'in rain and we might have our first freeze tonight.
So we're off for tonight??? I am getting really tired of pr0n and beer every night and was hoping to ride. :(

Good f'n day to ya stosh. I don't want the good to end at lunch.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Well, I'm kind of in a funny area. The housing/property values in this town have shot through the roof in the last 5-10 years with this influx of people who are moving away from the city areas towards a more rural setting. Consequently, rent in this town is exorbitantly high for the pay scales.

A good example of this is the house my parents sold three years ago - they built the house for $190,000 and sold it about seven years later for $280,000. However, the average pay in the area hasn't increased enough to justify such a big gap in price. The area is still rural enough that there are only a few large employers. I work for one of them, and let me tell you, the pay is no great shakes here.
That is the exact same thing that is happening here. NYC had turned from just the buro's into a huge megaopolis including Westchester and Rockland county who live here and commute down. Thus my pay in this area sucks compared to the housing market.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
well.............he is a realative so i give him/them some slack, but if he didnt plan on moving out on his own he/they would be getting the boot.

before it was cool cause he worked opposite shift so I barely even saw him, but now - :mumble: kitchen is a mess, livingroom is full of toys, etc, etc

I want my house back!
yeah thats cool that you are kinda helping him out.

You heard from you X much lately?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
So we're off for tonight??? I am getting really tired of pr0n and beer every night and was hoping to ride. :(

Good f'n day to ya stosh. I don't want the good to end at lunch.
Ok there cheery boy!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - my check engine light went on in my Windstar this a.m. - damned van - it's cursed I think - or maybe I'm cursed. :(
Windstars = suck!!

How is your love life?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
yeah thats cool that you are kinda helping him out.

You heard from you X much lately?

nope.......last time I heard from her was in August- it started with her out of the blue mailing me earings I gave her like 1 1/2 year before..........and then I found out she got married, but still was bugging me!!

her: "Doug, I am just trying to move on"

I dont know but maybe she should have moved on before she married someone else??

so once again I asked/told her to leave me alone

me: "Dont call, write, email, text message, come over, mail or ship me anything, ask my family/friends how I am...get it? just leave me alone"

ofcourse she emailed me, I didnt read what she wrote/I just deleted them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
nope.......last time I heard from her was in August- it started with her out of the blue mailing me earings I gave her like 1 1/2 year before..........and then I found out she got married, but still was bugging me!!

her: "Doug, I am just trying to move on"

I dont know but maybe she should have moved on before she married someone else??

so once again I asked/told her to leave me alone

me: "Dont call, write, email, text message, come over, mail or ship me anything, ask my family/friends how I am...get it? just leave me alone"

ofcourse she emailed me, I didnt read what she wrote/I just deleted them.
Nice! Well that sounds like a chapter that is better left closed!! I would like to meet up with ya at Hunter this year sometime. I know we tried to last year!!