Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It's F'ing nasty here today. It's raining now but we had some serious icy last night.

Another day at F'ing work for me. Shouldn't be to bad today I hope...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Roads were a little slushy here - scraping ice sucks. I'm just glad I didn't have as much ice to scrape as others in my apartment complex. I'm also glad that my van's defrosters work really well and really fast - that helped loosen the ice up.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Today was the first morning I really appreciated having a garage to park my car in. :)

I gave MBC her Hanukkah gifts last night (one day early). I got her a 40G iPod and new skis.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
So now we can talk about how thoughtful you are. :thumb: Nice.
Yeah, I'm a catch.

I didn't actually give her skis. I just wrapped up a picture of skis and told her to go find some. My gift was actually coming up with the money for them. It'll take her a good four months of demo runs to find what she wants.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
f'n yo stosh. woke up- late now im gonna go to work.
Yo, we were reading thru some of the schools webpages in your area last night, holy fawk the teachers can't even write......

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

It's warm enough here so the weather isn't much of an issue. Kind of misty out, the little bit of snow we got yesterday is turning to slush and melting.

The boss has a doctor's appointment today (I'm going with her)... hopefully finding out the sex of the baby.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, I'm a catch.

I didn't actually give her skis. I just wrapped up a picture of skis and told her to go find some.

It's a great idea, pretty funny though. I can imagine the look on her face.....and you sitting there grinning

it would almost be like my bf giving me a kitchen appliance, just to see what happens

I am in no way implying that you're a heartless individual

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MudGrrl said:
It's a great idea, pretty funny though. I can imagine the look on her face.....and you sitting there grinning

it would almost be like my bf giving me a kitchen appliance, just to see what happens

I am in no way implying that you're a heartless individual

Getting skis is like getting an appliance? LOL...I think my wife would disagree with that. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Biggins here is the quote from the schools welcome page

WELCOME!

Black Mountain Primary is located in the beautiful Smoky Mountains in Black Mountain, North Carolina. At our school the staff works to keep students safe, make them smarter and does it with sensitivity. Parents are responsible for educating their children and we assist them in that role. We consider ourselves the students’ second family. The most important thing happening in the classroom is the teacher- student relationship – thus together we

Build Maximum Potential!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
so.....the majority of the 'educating' is the parents' responsibility?

is this a home school thing?
nope it's an elemtary school

Did you catch the "smarter" ?

MudGrrl said:
I didn't really find it funny. It was one of the best presents I've ever gotten - not because of what it was but the fact that he sold some vacation days to get the money so I could have new skis. He did this just after a conversation saying he'd rather have time off than money.

but don't feel too bad for him, he still has 26 days off next year :)

MudGrrl

Mar 4, 2004
are you alluding to the lack of a comma?

or the fact that it should be 'smart'?

if they said ..."make them smart" it would imply that any kid came to them was dumb.

We'll turn your dumb little paste eating critters into geniuses! Come get smart with us!!!

.........maybe I missed the point, therefore have to go get edjicated myself?

MudGrrl

Mar 4, 2004
MtnBikerChk said:
...the fact that he sold some vacation days to get the money so I could have new skis. He did this just after a conversation saying he'd rather have time off than money.
for fear of being labelled a girlie girl........... AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
That was so sweet!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wwell, ya know it is partly the parents job. My cousins kid couldnt get into kindergarten because the parents had not tought the basics to the child. As for the school, whatever its a public school. however the asheville schools will probably be better. Why the hell are you worried about it right now?you are not even married.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
wwell, ya know it is partly the parents job. My cousins kid couldnt get into kindergarten because the parents had not tought the basics to the child. As for the school, whatever its a public school. however the asheville schools will probably be better. Why the hell are you worried about it right now?you are not even married.
Well if we're gonna move down there then were gonna stay there for a few years meaning that we have to make sure there is a good school system, that and Aubrey IS a teacher......

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Well if we're gonna move down there then were gonna stay there for a few years meaning that we have to make sure there is a good school system, that and Aubrey IS a teacher......
i know a lot of the teachers in the school system here and they are all very passionate about their jobs and i can tell they do them well. i think that you will find the same in any public school system for the most part.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
i know a lot of the teachers in the school system here and they are all very passionate about their jobs and i can tell they do them well. i think that you will find the same in any public school system for the most part.
My parents are adiment about us not moving to NC...... it's weird....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
My parents are adiment about us not moving to NC...... it's weird....
its probably because you are a yankee. they are trying to protect the way of the south from the immigrants.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
how old are you again? tell them to live their own lives, you can manage yr own.
No totally, I know what you're saying and I'm going if I want but man they are talking so much schit about the South.... it's weird....

I'm all like "dad you ever heard of the internet, we're just a big global community anymore"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
its probably because you are a yankee. they are trying to protect the way of the south from the immigrants.
Persoanlly that North/South stuff is all crap in my book. War's over... been over...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well have your parents lived in the south? i mean people that talk crap about the south usually are the ones that end up here. Lots of northerners talk junk about it because we dont have unions and stuff like that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
well have your parents lived in the south? i mean people that talk crap about the south usually are the ones that end up here. Lots of northerners talk junk about it because we dont have unions and stuff like that.
Nope my parent's have spent any extended time in NC which is why I don't listen to much of what they have to say. Although the funny thing is when I said we're going to NC for Easter vacation they said they wanted to go with us. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Nope my parent's have spent any extended time in NC which is why I don't listen to much of what they have to say. Although the funny thing is when I said we're going to NC for Easter vacation they said they wanted to go with us. :)
see i told ya. its like askin for opinions on here.lol.
seriously though there are so many people in jersey and ny and fl that make fun of the south. hillbilly....blah blah blah...slow talkin..........redneck....blah blah blah. then they all move here or buy vacation homes here and drive the cost of crap up. it strange. i think that at least western nc should instate and immigration policy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
see i told ya. its like askin for opinions on here.lol.
seriously though there are so many people in jersey and ny and fl that make fun of the south. hillbilly....blah blah blah...slow talkin..........redneck....blah blah blah. then they all move here or buy vacation homes here and drive the cost of crap up. it strange. i think that at least western nc should instate and immigration policy.
Um FL is the South.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah but nobody is really from there. We actually have a term called "halfback" for some of our immigrants. they are people that move from the north ( NY or NJ) to florida and then end up moving here only makin it half way back to the north.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
yeah but nobody is really from there. We actually have a term called "halfback" for some of our immigrants. they are people that move from the north ( NY or NJ) to florida and then end up moving here only makin it half way back to the north.
Gottcha!

Actually I know a retired couple who did that.
Listen the housing costs around Asheville seem a little high and there seems to only be limited work for me..... I'm having a hard time seriously considering Asheville.