Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
i graduated. i am going back in the fall to get my masters. got to start studying for the GRE soon. my application deadline is the first of april. i haven't had to study for a test in a long time. papers took the place of tests a while back for me. should be interesting. i don't test well.
Whats the "GRE"?

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
stosh said:
thats a fictional story right?
It should be...But I'm affraid not. THis guy just flushed his life down the toilet. I kind of feel sorry for him but he did it to himself. The sad thing is, I don't think his wife knows yet. She just thinks they're separated.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
laura said:
are you a contractor. my dad's a contractor but he does comercial/industrial contracting not residential.

There's far more money in commercial work... but residential is fun and I can manage it with low overhead. I am a kind of 'boutique home builder.'

J

JRB

biggins said:
you can gladly have what ive got. But you would probably have to kiss me to get it. Violent coughing, sore throat, bucket fulls of snot, body aches, irregular body temperature, and some nausea mixed in there for good measure.
You got mono??? Been with BS lately?

J

JRB

JSB said:
Your right she may not be a star. I think he said her name was KIRI. I haven't looked her up, I'll have to double check with him when he wakes his ars up. I've tried to call him twice now.
I'll start looking after work. :D

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I was listening to the radio, and they were talking about an email they received. It was from a woman asking them if they were going to start a charity drive for the people in Calif. that were involved in the mud slide yesterday. The jock sent a response that said I'm not sure but I'm sure you could donate to the red cross to help. The lady responded back saying I was just wondering if you were going to help the people in your own country vs. other countries involve in the Tsunami.
They were saying what a Biotch the woman was. Can you believe she would say something like that. I guess she feels that we always help others, but we don't take care of our own. When actually we probably already have red cross and other relief efforts going on over there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
There's far more money in commercial work... but residential is fun and I can manage it with low overhead. I am a kind of 'boutique home builder.'
nate could you please explain what exactly you do?

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
'Morn...
Been bitching people on local boards. Lot's are talking about how they can finally ride after 20" or rain the past week & planning rides Thur & Fri...
:stupid:
I m sound like a old man :monkey: Telling them to hold off a few days, let things dry out & not damage the trails... :help:

laura said:
...after months of not touching a bike...
Ya, I'm finally back-in-the-saddle again after 45 days...

JSB said:
..decking it's done... Hot tub is in and running...
Pics? Common! Let's compair!:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well JSB i can kind of understand what she is saying. when the western nc mountains flooded this year there was not much help available to the citizens. all of the rivers are still in shambles with cars in them and garbage hanging from the trees people are still homeless but somehow they give 350 million dollars in releif to a country that doesnt pay in to our taxes nor will they veer be able to repay us in any way shape or form.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
JSB said:
I was listening to the radio, and they were talking about an email they received. It was from a woman asking them if they were going to start a charity drive for the people in Calif. that were involved in the mud slide yesterday. The jock sent a response that said I'm not sure but I'm sure you could donate to the red cross to help. The lady responded back saying I was just wondering if you were going to help the people in your own country vs. other countries involve in the Tsunami.
They were saying what a Biotch the woman was. Can you believe she would say something like that. I guess she feels that we always help others, but we don't take care of our own. When actually we probably already have red cross and other relief efforts going on over there.
How man orphaned kids were there in Cali?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
biggins said:
well JSB i can kind of understand what she is saying. when the western nc mountains flooded this year there was not much help available to the citizens. all of the rivers are still in shambles with cars in them and garbage hanging from the trees people are still homeless but somehow they give 350 million dollars in releif to a country that doesnt pay in to our taxes nor will they veer be able to repay us in any way shape or form.

Perhaps the UN will rush in millions of dollars in relief aid to your stricken area...?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
f'in good morning Stosh - I have to travel to F'in Storrs in a little bit - but so far my day is going pretty well.

I feel sore still from hockey on Sunday night - that isn't too f'in good.

Trying to decide on shifters for the Hollowpoint and I've got two options. Some X.0s for $55 shipped or some x.9s for $40 shipped (and maybe some odi grips to go with those x.9s for another $10).......which ones should I F'in go for??

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
Jesus.

Have some sense of perspective, people.

There are more than one hundred and fifty thousand dead in the tsunami disaster, with that number still rising. Who the f**k cares if they pay taxes or if they can pay us back? What is wrong with you?

Yes, they should help close to home, but does the sheer magnitude of this disaster mean anything to you?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
f'in good morning Stosh - I have to travel to F'in Storrs in a little bit - but so far my day is going pretty well.

I feel sore still from hockey on Sunday night - that isn't too f'in good.

Trying to decide on shifters for the Hollowpoint and I've got two options. Some X.0s for $55 shipped or some x.9s for $40 shipped (and maybe some odi grips to go with those x.9s for another $10).......which ones should I F'in go for??
Simple solution:

Give me the frame, no need to buy shifters.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
biggins said:
Yep...I hear ya. I'm sort of on the fence when it comes to how much we help ourselves. For example since I don't know first hand about the relief efforts you mentioned, or probably others that don't make major head lines here in the states, I can't say confidently. I do know I feel like we help every country we can, and some times I feel it's expected. And when it's all said and done I feel like we are still hated by many of them, and that is what gets on my nerves.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
binary visions said:
Jesus.

There are more than one hundred and fifty thousand dead in the tsunami disaster, with that number still rising. Who the f**k cares if they pay taxes or if they can pay us back? What is wrong with you?

Yes, they should help close to home, but does the sheer magnitude of this disaster mean anything to you?

That was exactly their point on the radio too.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
binary visions said:
Jesus.

dont get mad BV. of course it matters. But conversely i see so much assistance going to so many places in the world but where are the people to assist our own citizens? Sure the aid is very much needed in the tsunami stricken areas and i think that it is a great thing that we and so many other countries are doing, hell if i had money to spare i sure would give all of it but i think we need assistance here.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
dont get mad BV. of course it matters. But conversely i see so much assistance going to so many places in the world but where are the people to assist our own citizens? Sure the aid is very much needed in the tsunami stricken areas and i think that it is a great thing that we and so many other countries are doing, hell if i had money to spare i sure would give all of it but i think we need assistance here.
I'm not mad, just stunned at the lack of perspective.

I agree that there's help needed everywhere - in and outside of our country. However, I don't think a disaster of this magnitude should be even mentioned in the same breath as a complaint that we don't do enough within our borders.

The desire for more help in our country is entirely valid and is more than understandable: I agree wholeheartedly. However, to bring up the fact that we spent XX million dollars on one of the worst disasters of our time as a comparison to a frickin' mudslide in California or a river overflowing in NC is incredibly shortsighted.

Anyhow, this is turning rapidly political, so...

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
ET_SoCal said:
'Morn...
Been bitching people on local boards. Lot's are talking about how they can finally ride after 20" or rain the past week & planning rides Thur & Fri...
:stupid:
I m sound like a old man :monkey: Telling them to hold off a few days, let things dry out & not damage the trails... :help:

Ya, I'm finally back-in-the-saddle again after 45 days...

Pics? Common! Let's compair!:
The only pic I have is from Dec 14th. I've got a couple of weeks of more work to show, but you get the idea. I've added a out side lamp pole, with two matches lamps mounted on two of the 6x6's. I've added a step down, most of a built in bench, and one of the two possibly three now planters. I'll take a pic tonight to post the updates. This thing keeps growing. It started out as just two simple decks one to sit on and one for the hot tub.
Here's the pic.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Doing pretty well here, even though there is snow on the ground I went for a nice ride yesterday and plan to again today.
nice and welcome to the GMT never seen ya around here before!!

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
JSB said:
... couple of weeks of more work to show ... It started out as just two simple decks one to sit on and one for the hot tub.
That's one nice gazebo, we were thinking about that, but decided to have more open-air look/feel... We got a newer model w/3 7 hp pumps, man that thing cranks! Last night was great, cool, mild rain overhead, 105 deg water...

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
ET_SoCal said:
JSB said:
... couple of weeks of more work to show ... It started out as just two simple decks one to sit on and one for the hot tub.
That's one nice gazebo, we were thinking about that, but decided to have more open-air look/feel... We got a newer model w/3 7 hp pumps, mand that thing cranks! Last night was great, cool, mild rain overhead, 105 deg water...
Thanks...Trust me it was a pain in the ___ to build. Staining it wasn't fun either. That tub believe it or not is 13 years old. I replaced the motor and the controls 2 years ago. Still runs good. The guy that came out to check what was wrong told me he couldn't believe the wood around it was it that good of shape. Don't get me wrong it's starting to show wear on the corners but sealing it every year has made it last. I show you what I've added tonight or tomorrow.