Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody f'ing body today?

I put my road slicks on my HT last night. It's a lot smoother ride on the rollers with them on. :)

What's everybody up to today?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I was suppose to go skiing Friday, but its only suppose to be 7 - luckily the person I am suppose to ski with is wimpy so my dumb ass wouldnt have to be freezing all day :D

vball tonight, 2 of our players cant make it & for some reason we are playing the #1 team in the division above ours..............should be interesting

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mrbigisbudgood said:
It

Is

F'ing

Cold
so remember my friend Jeff who was going to ride with me when I rode with you in VA? The other day he e-mail and goes "Now I know where MR Big Is Bud came from" apparently he was watching Cheech and Chong.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Went to REI to try on packs and didn't like the Lowe Contour III, the Scirocco, or an REI bag. Julie liked the Kelty Coyote pretty well. Came home and ordered an 03 Coyote from Campmor for Julie for $80 and ordered a Mountainsmith Circuit 5400 and a Kelty Redcloud 5600 for me. I will send one of the two back.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not much is happening. bitterly cold outside, off to spin class tonight. had a very tasty beer last night (dogfish indian brown ale); not usually a big fan of browns, but this had enough hops to overcome the usual cloying tendencies of stuff like newcastle.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo. well, have to go by the old place of employment to turn some stuff in and get my number switched over to a revenue account from the free one that i had. Then come home and hit the net lookin for work.

hey loco how many cubic inches are ya lookin for in a pack?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
not much is happening. bitterly cold outside, off to spin class tonight. had a very tasty beer last night (dogfish indian brown ale); not usually a big fan of browns, but this had enough hops to overcome the usual cloying tendencies of stuff like newcastle.
Man I had a good ale the other day too. I'm not usually a fan of Ales.... I'll get back to you with the name... 1min....

J

JRB

biggins said:
f'n yo. well, have to go by the old place of employment to turn some stuff in and get my number switched over to a revenue account from the free one that i had. Then come home and hit the net lookin for work.

hey loco how many cubic inches are ya lookin for in a pack?
Keep the stuff and leave then phone connected to a call and go blow some dirt.

I bought a 5400 cubic inch and a 5600 cubic inch pack. I liked all the Keltys in the store, but they didn't have a redcloud. I hope I like it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
loco said:
Keep the stuff and leave then phone connected to a call and go blow some dirt.

I bought a 5400 cubic inch and a 5600 cubic inch pack. I liked all the Keltys in the store, but they didn't have a redcloud. I hope I like it.
well i gotta keep the phone, i dont have a home phone and getting one would require a deposit.

as for the backpack i was just curious because i have a lowe alpine i would have gotten rid of for waaaaaaaay cheap.but oh well.

J

JRB

biggins said:
well i gotta keep the phone, i dont have a home phone and getting one would require a deposit.

as for the backpack i was just curious because i have a lowe alpine i would have gotten rid of for waaaaaaaay cheap.but oh well.
What kind??? I took Wumpus' Contour to Big Bend and it kind of hurt my shoulders. The packs I tried on at REI had kind of the same effect, too. I really like those packs, so it is kind of a bummer.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
its a contour4 im pretty sure. i havent even looked at it in a year. its 6500 cubic inches would have probably let it go for about 50 bucks.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hey stosh what happened to the thread abouit your girl?what happened with the whole situation, anything?

J

JRB

biggins said:
its a contour4 im pretty sure. i havent even looked at it in a year. its 6500 cubic inches would have probably let it go for about 50 bucks.
Sounds like a good deal. If I know anyone else looking for one, I'll let you know.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
hey stosh what happened to the thread abouit your girl?what happened with the whole situation, anything?
Everything is cool, long story. I've said before I don't want to talk about drama on RM not sure why I posted that yesterday. There was something she hadnt' told me about but oddly enough it was my sisters fault.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. On Friday, I got a delivery from FedEx so I've been playing with this for the past few days. I've copied all my files from my old computer and am just about done installing all my necessary programs. Watched Anchorman on it last night. Its bad-azz :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey stosh, never heard of that beer. i'll grab some if i see it.

mmcg, hopefully the postal lunks will delivery yr chunk of metal today. i've been waiting for my new earbuds since friday, but UPS keeps coming at a time when my wife's not home, and they need a signature. :(

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
hey stosh, never heard of that beer. i'll grab some if i see it.

mmcg, hopefully the postal lunks will delivery yr chunk of metal today. i've been waiting for my new earbuds since friday, but UPS keeps coming at a time when my wife's not home, and they need a signature. :(
Wolavers is organic brew from VT - good stuff. I think it is just an offshoot line of one of the other VT microbreweries but I'm not certain.

Earbuds? - can't you sign the little UPS note on the back and that'll allow them to leave the package for you if you aren't home? I did that last week when I missed the first delivery of my Boxxer that Sprungshoulders sent to me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. On Friday, I got a delivery from FedEx so I've been playing with this for the past few days. I've copied all my files from my old computer and am just about done installing all my necessary programs. Watched Anchorman on it last night. Its bad-azz :D
We use our laptop as a portable DVD player if we want to watch a movie from bed. DOn't know how we lived without it. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i think the notice that UPS or FedEx left required a signature. not sure if they do that to try to prevent fraud (ie, the vendor who i bought the buds from is requiring it).

anyway, the wife should be around today.

here they are:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Wolavers is organic brew from VT - good stuff. I think it is just an offshoot line of one of the other VT microbreweries but I'm not certain.

Earbuds? - can't you sign the little UPS note on the back and that'll allow them to leave the package for you if you aren't home? I did that last week when I missed the first delivery of my Boxxer that Sprungshoulders sent to me.
Yeah it's related to Otter Creek somehow.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
Find out where the local UPS station is and drive over there after the trucks have stopped delivering. At my local place, this is around 8:00. They will pull your package for you.

This is what I always do for my packages, because I'm never home to sign for them.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
We use our laptop as a portable DVD player if we want to watch a movie from bed. DOn't know how we lived without it. :)
We were thinking about getting a new tv, but for now we're going to use this. The quality of the screen (17") is amazing. I've got a decent pair of computer speakers with a subwoofer that I've set up in the living room and with this sitting on the coffee table, its a huge improvement over our crappy 25" bubble-vision tv that sits across the room.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
We were thinking about getting a new tv, but for now we're going to use this. The quality of the screen (17") is amazing. I've got a decent pair of computer speakers with a subwoofer that I've set up in the living room and with this sitting on the coffee table, its a huge improvement over our crappy 25" bubble-vision tv that sits across the room.
ha thats funny that you use it as your main TV now....

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
stosh said:
what kind of beer is it?
They say it's a "Belgian Grand Cru". I don't know what that is. There's a great liquor store only a few blocks from my apartment in Frederick that carries my old favorite, Dogfish Head Immort Ale (13% ABV). Immort has recently become a seasonal beer, and although 7th St Liquors had stock well after production halted, the inevitible happened and I was forced to try another.

The shop owner recommended Beast so I went for it. It's rather expensive at $11 per 22oz bottle and has turned into a wallet draining habit.

At the time of my original purchase, the owner told me that Beast was also 13% ABV so I should watch how quickly I consume it or be planted on my arse for a while. I only ever get drunk accidentally and know my limits pretty well when I know what I'm getting myself into. I came to find out that in fact, Beast is 18% ABV and one 22oz bottle will quickly put the hurt on me.

It's very sweet and falls somewhere in between a barley wine and a port. The high alcohol content means more whee, less pee.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
They say it's a "Belgian Grand Cru". I don't know what that is. There's a great liquor store only a few blocks from my apartment in Frederick that carries my old favorite, Dogfish Head Immort Ale (13% ABV). Immort has recently become a seasonal beer, and although 7th St Liquors had stock well after production halted, the inevitible happened and I was forced to try another.

The shop owner recommended Beast so I went for it. It's rather expensive at $11 per 22oz bottle and has turned into a wallet draining habit.

At the time of my original purchase, the owner told me that Beast was also 13% ABV so I should watch how quickly I consume it or be planted on my arse for a while. I only ever get drunk accidentally and know my limits pretty well when I know what I'm getting myself into. I came to find out that in fact, Beast is 18% ABV and one 22oz bottle will quickly put the hurt on me.

It's very sweet and falls somewhere in between a barley wine and a port. The high alcohol content means more whee, less pee.
Man there is a kick a$$ bar in Fells point with like a million different beers. You ever go there?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
ha thats funny that you use it as your main TV now....
Well, not exclusively. It doesn't have a tv tuner in it so watching regular tv/cable on it is not an option.

You have to understand that our living room is laid out weird. Our 25/26" tv has to be in a far corner of the room, so watching any dvd's that are in widescreen format is a real pain. Visually, I get a larger picture setting the laptop on the coffee table than watching the bubble-vision from across the room. Plus, the clarity and the sound is far superior.

One of these days we will spring for a nice flatscreen 36" (or larger) tv with surround sound, but for now this will do nicely.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
stosh said:
Man there is a kick a$$ bar in Fells point with like a million different beers. You ever go there?
Do you remember the name of it? I've probably never been there despite having lived around B-More for more than a decade. I've only been in a few bars there. I typically only go down to Fells for riding, a great record shop or to hear some good music.