Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Boring F'ing night last night again. SHould be a good day at work today seeing as how I've got a ton of F'ing work to do.
There's a F'ing bird stuck between the storm window and the double hung on the other side of my office. He keeps flying around inbetween the windows and it's f'ing annoying. Stupid F'ing birds... :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

I love being able to drive where ever/when ever I want and not having my life run by the snow. It amazes me how many people take half days, come in 2 hours late, take the day off, etc just because of some snow. F'in wusses... snow shouldn't be an excuse - we do after all live in NY... snow is part of the deal.

Got a big meeting today with a head honcho in the computer center - they want to get my cross trained and expand my area of responsibility. I'm very happy about it, and it should have a huge impact on my future here at BU. I don't know if it will be a long term solution, but it's definitely a good band-aid for the time being... especially if it leads to any kind of pay increase.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo. havent slept at all. on my way to take care of some crap downtown, then to the ups store, then maybe to the beer getting place.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

I love being able to drive where ever/when ever I want and not having my life run by the snow. It amazes me how many people take half days, come in 2 hours late, take the day off, etc just because of some snow. F'in wusses... snow shouldn't be an excuse - we do after all live in NY... snow is part of the deal.

Got a big meeting today with a head honcho in the computer center - they want to get my cross trained and expand my area of responsibility. I'm very happy about it, and it should have a huge impact on my future here at BU. I don't know if it will be a long term solution, but it's definitely a good band-aid for the time being... especially if it leads to any kind of pay increase.
2 weeks ago I was all ready to walk out to my door to get in my Xterra to drive to work when the phone rang, it was the secretary and they were closing the office.

I'll tell you what though, I have NO problem driving in the snow, it's the other guy I worry about. This year I had 2 very close calls neither of which was my fault.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
f'n yo. havent slept at all. on my way to take care of some crap downtown, then to the ups store, then maybe to the beer getting place.
Megan keeping you up?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good f'ing morning.

My car is back in the f'ing shop today... They'd better fix it right this time!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
2 weeks ago I was all ready to walk out to my door to get in my Xterra to drive to work when the phone rang, it was the secretary and they were closing the office.

I'll tell you what though, I have NO problem driving in the snow, it's the other guy I worry about. This year I had 2 very close calls neither of which was my fault.

yesterday morning there was a ton of accidents.......I didnt slid / skid / slip once coming in, I did see one accident on my way...but everyone else said they saw 2-5 accidents on the way in

ps: it was not snowing - just clear skies

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
F'ing Time Warner raised cable prices again - F them I am cancelling it!
I know when I get a house I'm not getting cable. It's free for me right now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
yesterday morning there was a ton of accidents.......I didnt slid / skid / slip once coming in, I did see one accident on my way...but everyone else said they saw 2-5 accidents on the way in

ps: it was not snowing - just clear skies
I'm having the tires on my Solara replaced this weekend which is 1/2 the problem.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I agree 100%. Kind of makes me wonder if I'm THAT good of a driver, or if everyone else is really THAT bad?!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
F'ing Time Warner raised cable prices again - F them I am cancelling it!
Time Warner are F'in bastards. They raise their prices every other month. Once, I asked them why - they said they had to because so many people were cancelling their service in favor of sat dishes. Gee, I wonder why??? F'in a-holes. :mumble:

Thank god I'm done with them...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
After I got done with my evening run, Miz N8 popped open a bottle of merlot and I mixed up a martini and we put Valley Girl into the dvd player and laughed at the cheeseness of it all...

:p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
After I got done with my evening run, Miz N8 popped open a bottle of merlot and I mixed up a martini and we put Valley Girl into the dvd player and laughed at the cheeseness of it all...

:p
Valley Girl WTF kind of movie is that?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Good f'ing morning.

My car is back in the f'ing shop today... They'd better fix it right this time!
What's wrong with it??

On a side note - I checked the factory maintenance schedule on my Honda Odyssey and the *ONLY* replacements in 120,000 miles are oil changes and air filter. No mention of spark plugs, wires, transmission fluid, timing belt, etc. etc. etc....... WTF? :confused:

-S.S.-

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SkaredShtles said:
Hear hear! *Stick* it to da man........... :thumb:

-S.S.-
last time they raised prices, I called and they told me they are having a special, $12 off for the next 3 months.
After those 3 months were up I called to cancel again, and again they had a special lower price for 3 months.

wtf, raise everyones prices unless you call wanting to cancel !?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
What's wrong with it??

On a side note - I checked the factory maintenance schedule on my Honda Odyssey and the *ONLY* replacements in 120,000 miles are oil changes and air filter. No mention of spark plugs, wires, transmission fluid, timing belt, etc. etc. etc....... WTF? :confused:
When the car drops to idle (either stopping or just going into neutral), the revs drop too low - so that the car shudders, headlights dim, fan slows down - and about one in three times, the car shudders to a stall.

I brought it in a week ago and they said, a complete tuneup will fix it - plugs, wires, filters, etc, all about $225. I had just replaced plugs and wires myself about 15k miles ago, but it's a good shop and I let 'em do it. Got the car back, it still does it.

I called back today after dropping it off and spoke with the owner. He was very amiable, apologized and said he'd work out a deal with whatever actually would fix it.

Plugs and wires haven't been replaced before this on the Honda??

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
SkaredShtles said:

-S.S.-
That's not all that uncommon, especially on well-built, less performance oriented foreign cars. I know the recommended maintenance on my 4Runner is fairly light, but because of the way I use it, I end up doing way more than what's recommended, just in case.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
AWESOME!

Was it actually shot in 83?

I really can't believe you have never heard of the film, Valley Girl, you know... "He's cool, she's hot... She's from the Valley, he's not...".

And yes it was shot in '83 or there abouts.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
I really can't believe you have never heard of the film, Valley Girl, you know... "He's cool, she's hot... She's from the Valley, he's not...".

And yes it was shot in '83 or there abouts.
YEP I know the song. I was 5 when the movie came out.

Don't forget your old I'm not!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Went to the gym yesterday and on the second to last set I tweaked an f'in nerve in my neck. Don't know if I'm going to be able to make the Tuesday nighter. This f'in sucks. :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
binary visions said:
When the car drops to idle (either stopping or just going into neutral), the revs drop too low - so that the car shudders, headlights dim, fan slows down - and about one in three times, the car shudders to a stall.
Does it perchance have an idle-air stabilizer?

Plugs and wires haven't been replaced before this on the Honda??
Nope. It only has 30k. But that's the weird thing. In 120,000 miles there is *NO* mention of plugs or wires or anything else of substance in the factory recommended maintenance schedule......... it's bizarre.

-S.S.-

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
YEP I know the song. I was 5 when the movie came out.

Don't forget your old I'm not!
The Zappa song "Valley Girl" didn't have anything to do with the movie. However, Modern English's "I'll Stop the World and Melt with You" is on the sound track along with a couple great tunes from the Sparks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
jacksonpt said:
That's not all that uncommon, especially on well-built, less performance oriented foreign cars. I know the recommended maintenance on my 4Runner is fairly light, but because of the way I use it, I end up doing way more than what's recommended, just in case.
It just seems odd........

It's a VTEC V-6 - which I was under the impression was a performance motor? Of course, it's in a minivan :rolleyes: :D

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Honda?

The VTEC just means Variable Timing Electronic Control = Better gas mileage and a slight preformance increase.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Word. I don't need snow to do those things :D
Snow is the only excuse I use actually. I almost NEVER call in sick. If I do call in, the next day I come in and everybody asks me questions about my sickness.... I work with sickness freaks....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - rode the f'in trainer last night, put my X9 rear derailleur on the Hollowpoint, put rotors on the Mavic 317s on the hollowpoint. Drank some tea, walked the dogs, went to bed.

gotta hit the LBS at lunch to look for some tools.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - rode the f'in trainer last night, put my X9 rear derailleur on the Hollowpoint, put rotors on the Mavic 317s on the hollowpoint. Drank some tea, walked the dogs, went to bed.

gotta hit the LBS at lunch to look for some tools.
Does the frame fit?

:D