Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
w00t!!!

My position has been restructured at work, and my VP just told me I am getting a 5% increase because of it. Plus, I have my annual merit increase hitting in March, which will be another 4-5%.

current salary x 1.05 x 1.04 = happy Baboon

:dancing:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
w00t!!!

My position has been restructured at work, and my VP just told me I am getting a 5% increase because of it. Plus, I have my annual merit increase hitting in March, which will be another 4-5%.

current salary x 1.05 x 1.04 = happy Baboon

:dancing:
I need a good raise this year but I know I'm not going to get one because my boss is a cheap bastard. We did get a nice bonus though.... but I can't plan on that.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
stosh said:
Honda?

The VTEC just means Variable Timing Electronic Control = Better gas mileage and a slight preformance increase.
Very true.

You'll only get more power at ultra high RPM's though. (I.E pegging it onto the highway.. etc).

I think the VTEC kicks in around 4,000 RPM's on that particular model. (The Odyssey I presume ?) :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Does it perchance have an idle-air stabilizer?
Not AFAIK... And Google doesn't turn up anything on the subject.

I've done numerous internet searches on this subject and really can't find a definitive answer... Couple pages have turned up an indication that the idle speed controller, but I'm not exactly a car expert - all I know is the basics. I don't know what part I need, nor how much it's going to cost.

Oh well, I'll wait for the garage to call!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
I hear you can rice 'em out somthin' fierce, though! :thumb:

I need a big wing for my minivan. :think:

-S.S.-
All you need is a good CAI and some fog lights.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
SkaredShtles said:
I don't know. I've not had it above 3500. It's a fuggin' minivan. :mumble: :D

-S.S.-

Well.... common Gramma' :evil:

It's a fricken HONDA... they love to be REVVED.

:thumb:

Besides that, if you don't punch it every now & then (getter' close to redline) your carbon-buildup in the engine will be atrocious, and very expensive to clean out. Put some Sea-Foam through your air-intake (through the PCV Valve) and I guarantee you'll be spittin' out some fierce carbon deposits from putting around town all those miles.

I personally drive a 289c.i V8. I punch it every now and then to keep er' clear. It actually runs BETTER since I drove it "less gramma" than it did when I attempted to put-around to save gas.

-Matt

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
I'm late to the thread...

Still dealing with the guy who whacked my car on Friday. I'm supposed to hear from his insurance company today.

Got a call from Specialized yesterday stating that my check card won't go through. Come to find out my bank has a $1500 daily limit. In order for them to raise it (for 24 hours) one must show up in person at the home bank branch to sign a form. I don't get home until 5:30, they close at 3...hmmm. Anywho, the Enduro Pro's just came in, somehow, I got on the first shipment and might be missing the boat due to my silly bank.

Thank you Provident, you're the best bank ever.

In gooder news, my fiancee has finally chosen her wedding dress and our plans are coming together nicely. My trip to Phoenix/Sedona has also shaped up rather perfectly and for the most part, Metro rail service has continued to make it possible for me to endure my 100 mile round trip commute without much incident in the snow. I don't even want to think about how much time I'd be spending in my car right now. Interesting books contribute too...Year Zero has entertained me this week. Next is Long Way Round and then it's back to the book store.

F.B.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Buck Fever said:
Metro rail service has continued to make it possible for me to endure my 100 mile round trip commute without much incident in the snow.
Wholly ****. Why don't you just move closer to your job, or find a job closer to your house? Crazy east-coasterner's! :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
I'm late too.

Last night was cheap beer night at my favorite microbrewery. :devil:
I'm drooling just thinking about beer right now...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
yesterday morning there was a ton of accidents.......I didnt slid / skid / slip once coming in, I did see one accident on my way...but everyone else said they saw 2-5 accidents on the way in

ps: it was not snowing - just clear skies
LOL! I saw a bunch of cars of fin the ditch and an accident and I didn't slip or slide at all (and I wasn't driving my AWD vehicle either). I live near a Naval training facility...all backroads with young navy guys in their sports cars. Needless to say it's amusement for the drive to work whenever there is a snowflake in the air :D

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Heidi said:
I'm late too.

Last night was cheap beer night at my favorite microbrewery. :devil:
I enjoyed too many Avery Beast beers this weekend...

I had a client that absolutely had to get a site up and running by Saturday morning...they didn't tell me until Friday at 3PM, AFTER I had gone home to file a police report on the hit and run I was in on Friday morning. While I was putting their site on my server, my laptop crashed, so I swapped drives and started my re-installation to run while I was driving to my fiancee's place.

Adelphia had just put in our cable connection but it hadn't been activated yet, so I used her laptop, while I was rebuilding mine and working with their tech support to fix a stubborn cable modem that didn't want to take an IP. After finally getting the cable situated, I set up our wireless router and continuted installing the apps I need on my laptop.

While I setup thier DNS entries, configured IIS on my server and worked out a firewall issue, my incredible fiancee drove off to get us some pizzas and THREE 22oz BOTTLES OF MY FAVORITE BEAST! I stuck two in the fridge and drank the other one warm...mmmm.

I don't remember what happened to the rest of the weekend but I only have one bottle left.