Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
stosh said:
what kind of rollers do you have? Do you have a odometer?
A cheap brand, I think it might be Minoura, do they make rollers? I have a Cateye computer that I threw on the road bike. I might be the minority, but I don't quite have the concentration to watch tv and ride rollers, it's just too dangerous for me. I listen to my mp3 player and ride in front of a big fan in my garage. The Offspring is usually the playlist of choice. What setup are you sporting?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'm not of a fan personally, but there are loads of people who think he's the bees knees. who is opening for him? might be fun. or if it sells out, you can make a couple bucks scalping it.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
stosh said:
Not bad! I have a Pioneer I've had for years! I need new rear speakers. My GF listens to her music to loudly in my car and blew the one speaker in the rear. It's f'ing annoying!!!

I hear that. 2 out of 4 of my speakers are blown in my car.

They're the crappy factory ones... :(

I was gunna order some Rockford Fosgate 3-ways for up front, but I'm thinkin of saving just a little longer and doing a component setup up front, and then skimping in the back :love: .

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
i'm not of a fan personally, but there are loads of people who think he's the bees knees. who is opening for him? might be fun. or if it sells out, you can make a couple bucks scalping it.
No clue my friend WENT to see them.

Anyway go check out my post in the WANTED section. THere is a reply in there that my interest you. I have first dibs on his negative springs though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
reflux said:
A cheap brand, I think it might be Minoura, do they make rollers? I have a Cateye computer that I threw on the road bike. I might be the minority, but I don't quite have the concentration to watch tv and ride rollers, it's just too dangerous for me. I listen to my mp3 player and ride in front of a big fan in my garage. The Offspring is usually the playlist of choice. What setup are you sporting?
duh I'm such an idiot... I was thinking odometer on the rollers but I could just put one on my bike... I should do that.... give me something to shoot for and someway I could see improvement.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BigHit-Maniac said:
Got me an Alpine CDA-9830. It was originally $329.99, but I picked it up for $249.99. I was pretty happy with that price.
Hey audio questions for you and anbody else who might know:

Some chick hit my car, spilt my drink and ruined a good part of my headunit. The aux input for my mp3 player still works (thank God), but I have no control over the other functions (you know, cd, radio, volume, etc). So, I need a reasonably priced headunit with those functions, but mainly just one with an aux input on the face. Any thoughts?

Who makes a decent 6x9 speaker (with small box would be ideal) to throw behind the seats in my toyota pickup?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
stosh said:
duh I'm such an idiot... I was thinking odometer on the rollers but I could just put one on my bike... I should do that.... give me something to shoot for and someway I could see improvement.
If you're still pretty new to rollers, don't waste your time with the additional resistance offered by those little attachments, I've found that rollers offer plenty of resistance just as they are. The benefits I've gotten from them have been increased endurance, better balance, and a smooth(er) pedal stroke. I don't know if added resistance would do much for what I've worked on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
reflux said:
If you're still pretty new to rollers, don't waste your time with the additional resistance offered by those little attachments, I've found that rollers offer plenty of resistance just as they are. The benefits I've gotten from them have been increased endurance, better balance, and a smooth(er) pedal stroke. I don't know if added resistance would do much for what I've worked on.
no I dont' want added resistance.

I can tell it helps with balance.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Took all of the parts off the new frame and put them back on the HT so I have something to ride while looking for another frame. Other than that not too much going on.

Have a great day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Took all of the parts off the new frame and put them back on the HT so I have something to ride while looking for another frame. Other than that not too much going on.

Have a great day!
what the problem with the new frame?