Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

We're supposed to be getting some rain today which will be a welcome because it should help to melt some of the snow!! :)

Road the rollers for about 1/2hr last night and cleaned the apt. That was about it really....
F'ing Tuesdays......

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bad news:
spending another chunk of $$ at the dentist today :mad:

not sure why but my lower back has been hurting since I left the gym yesterday

good news:
after today, only 3 more days of work until VACATION!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin stosh!
I'm about to leave for school which sucks because I don't want to go and I'm too much of wuss to skip. :p Oh well, it's only till 2 or so, so I won't die. lol. On the bright side I'm trading my friend my Ti coil from my 5th (just sitting around) for some azonic bars, odi clamps, sram chain, triple chainrings, and a few more things, which other than a cassette will complete my Giant AC, that's begging to be ridden. :D

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Morning Stosh,

It's going to be in the 50's again here. Hopefully loads of snow will melt out at the Shed. As fun as it was, I don't know if I'm ready to endure another four hours of plowing my Enduro through 6-8" of snow to cover just a few miles.

I just ordered some RockGardn pads to give myself a little extra protection...and confidence.

Are your ski areas fully covered or are you boarding on mud?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello!

F'ing Tuesday indeed. I've got a lot to get done today.

Went to the gym last night. 45 minutes of weights followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - rode the trainer for about a half hour last night after my son's left for the evening - I had a good night with them - dinner and helping them with their homework.

Then the trainer (BORING) and then some surfing of the web.

Oh yeah and I got a 1999 Marzocchi Z1 in the mail yesterday. It's red and in great shape. :cool: :thumb:

Oh yeah and I took the HOllowpoint out and around the back of my apartment complex last night - there's no snow back there in sections and the ground was still hard. I like how this bike feels over small bumps - it just sorta soaks em up like nothing and the bike remains very efficient. SRAM triggers are the BOMB! :love:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning Stosh... Didn't have to work yesterday which, of course, made coming in today a complete f'ing drag. Ahh well.

On a different note, these pigs are awesome :p - I might just have to photoshop my own pig tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
bad news:
spending another chunk of $$ at the dentist today :mad:

not sure why but my lower back has been hurting since I left the gym yesterday

good news:
after today, only 3 more days of work until VACATION!
Oh schit thats right! You better be psyched!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Morning Stosh,

It's going to be in the 50's again here. Hopefully loads of snow will melt out at the Shed. As fun as it was, I don't know if I'm ready to endure another four hours of plowing my Enduro through 6-8" of snow to cover just a few miles.

I just ordered some RockGardn pads to give myself a little extra protection...and confidence.

Are your ski areas fully covered or are you boarding on mud?
They're fully covered!!!
We had that deep freeze so they were able to make snow on top of the 15" of real they had. COnditions were pretty good at Mtn Creek last Friday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - rode the trainer for about a half hour last night after my son's left for the evening - I had a good night with them - dinner and helping them with their homework.

Then the trainer (BORING) and then some surfing of the web.

Oh yeah and I got a 1999 Marzocchi Z1 in the mail yesterday. It's red and in great shape. :cool: :thumb:

Oh yeah and I took the HOllowpoint out and around the back of my apartment complex last night - there's no snow back there in sections and the ground was still hard. I like how this bike feels over small bumps - it just sorta soaks em up like nothing and the bike remains very efficient. SRAM triggers are the BOMB! :love:
You want your negative springs? :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
They're fully covered!!!
We had that deep freeze so they were able to make snow on top of the 15" of real they had. COnditions were pretty good at Mtn Creek last Friday.
Stosh,

Did you Snowboard at Mt. Creek? Do you own one or do you rent?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning Stosh... Didn't have to work yesterday which, of course, made coming in today a complete f'ing drag. Ahh well.

On a different note, these pigs are awesome :p - I might just have to photoshop my own pig tonight.
Whooo you almost missed the wagon....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Cool - what kind - gimme the details on your set up please.
I have a 2000 or 2001 Lib Tech and some K2 bindings on it... :) I like my setup but I don't ride enough to keep up with all the new stuff. I think it's a 154 or 157. It's got some guys name on it that I can't remember right now.
I really love the design though.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Good morning monkeys. It has been a good day so far. Got up and did about 30 minutes on the treadmill, got the kids dressed, fed and dropped off at school and I was still one of the first ones in the office.

Now all I need to do is a little formatting on a project planner I am working on and them spend the rest of the day screwing off, looking for some adventure races to compete in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yossarian said:
Good morning monkeys. It has been a good day so far. Got up and did about 30 minutes on the treadmill, got the kids dressed, fed and dropped off at school and I was still one of the first ones in the office.

Now all I need to do is a little formatting on a project planner I am working on and them spend the rest of the day screwing off, looking for some adventure races to compete in.
what exactly is an adventure race?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Yossarian said:

You can do the Ozark Challenge.... http://www.ozarkchallenge.com

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'morning!

Adventure racing sounds like fun, at least everything but the racing part. I'd love to try all the different adventures that fill up the ones they film for TV - Kayaking, tromping through the Forest, climbing mountains, mountain biking - looks like fun!

I think I'm glad I don't regularly work the 5am shift. I'm covering for one of my customer care reps this morning, and ugh, getting out of bed at 4:30am is no fun!

Tonight though, I get to pack boxes :D My parents bought a new big house, an old Tudor home in the countryside surrounded by acreage and woods. I haven't seen the new house yet in anything but pictures, but Mom is taking me there to give me the grand tour. I'm really excited! They haven't moved in 20 years, and now they get a place like this! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
G'morning!

Adventure racing sounds like fun, at least everything but the racing part. I'd love to try all the different adventures that fill up the ones they film for TV - Kayaking, tromping through the Forest, climbing mountains, mountain biking - looks like fun!

I think I'm glad I don't regularly work the 5am shift. I'm covering for one of my customer care reps this morning, and ugh, getting out of bed at 4:30am is no fun!

Tonight though, I get to pack boxes :D My parents bought a new big house, an old Tudor home in the countryside surrounded by acreage and woods. I haven't seen the new house yet in anything but pictures, but Mom is taking me there to give me the grand tour. I'm really excited! They haven't moved in 20 years, and now they get a place like this! :D
WOw, thats awesome! I *heart* tudor style... if it's done right anyway!

We actually have a lead on a home... it's kind of a long shot but we're going to look at it tonight....

The median home price in our area went up $50k in 12 months.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Mornin stosh!
I'm about to leave for school which sucks because I don't want to go and I'm too much of wuss to skip. :p Oh well, it's only till 2 or so, so I won't die. lol. On the bright side I'm trading my friend my Ti coil from my 5th (just sitting around) for some azonic bars, odi clamps, sram chain, triple chainrings, and a few more things, which other than a cassette will complete my Giant AC, that's begging to be ridden. :D

I want to see pics of the bike.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Mornin all. I have officialy been forced into the 21st century. Was given an mp3 player as a gift. Now I have to figure out how to use it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Mornin all. I have officialy been forced into the 21st century. Was given an mp3 player as a gift. Now I have to figure out how to use it.
man I want one bad....

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
stosh said:
what exactly is an adventure race?

Uhh, what they said. An adventure race is a multi discipline competition, usually done in a team format, that can range from 3 hours to many days in length. the Shorter ones are typically call Adventure sprints, which is what I have done in the past.

a sample of disciplines involved are; mtn biking, running, paddling, orienteering, ropes disciplines, swimming and a myriad of special events that are usually kept secret until you arrive at their location. Almost all of them have a wall climb involved

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Yeah, I was still carying around a tape player until recenty. For years I never went anywhere without it. Now my mix tapes are useless. :sheds tear:
ha, I haven't used a tape in years.....

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
WOw, thats awesome! I *heart* tudor style... if it's done right anyway!

We actually have a lead on a home... it's kind of a long shot but we're going to look at it tonight....

The median home price in our area went up $50k in 12 months.

Yep, me too. I'm learning that having someone in the family in the Real Estate business provides opportunities you wouldn't normally get. Mom found out about this place before it hit the market, and, because she knows and works frequently with the selling agent, who is also the current owner of the house, she got a sweet deal on this place. It's still at a cost that is unimaginable to me, but it comes with all real marble work, the doors, floors, mouldings are all oak or cherry (and not pretend chit either), comes with a sauna/spa thingy in the back, a garage that's heaven to any man who needs room for tools but still wants to park indoors, etc etc.

They're still trying to convince me to buy something, but I've got too many other kettles in the fire right now. I think I'm a solid year or more away from being ready for that kind of commitment.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yossarian said:
Uhh, what they said. An adventure race is a multi discipline competition, usually done in a team format, that can range from 3 hours to many days in length. the Shorter ones are typically call Adventure sprints, which is what I have done in the past.

a sample of disciplines involved are; mtn biking, running, paddling, orienteering, ropes disciplines, swimming and a myriad of special events that are usually kept secret until you arrive at their location. Almost all of them have a wall climb involved
Sounds like fun! What was involved with your "sprints"? Are these the same things as what Serial Midget used to do? (does?)

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Jr_Bullit said:
Sounds like fun! What was involved with your "sprints"? Are these the same things as what Serial Midget used to do? (does?)

Not the same thing. I think SM is a fan of offroad Ultra's, which is basically trail running obscene distances of 50-100K or more.

The races that I have done in the past usually have a total format discipline/distances like this:

Paddle / 2 miles
bike / 6 miles
run / 6 miles
bike / 6 miles
special test scattered throughout

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yossarian said:
Not the same thing. I think SM is a fan of offroad Ultra's, which is basically trail running obscene distances of 50-100K or more.

The races that I have done in the past usually have a total format discipline/distances like this:

Paddle / 2 miles
bike / 6 miles
run / 6 miles
bike / 6 miles
special test scattered throughout
And the goal is to get it done in a single day, right (for the sprints). I watched one of the televised adventure races, the ones multi-day ones, and some dude biking in a jungle where there really weren't trails or even single track to follow, impaled himself on a spear of wood when going over his handlebars. His lung collapsed, and it caused quite a bit of difficulty getting him out considering how far from civilization they were. Cost his team the win too...Is it true in the multi-day ones that you can afford to lose up to like 2 members of your team?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Jr_Bullit said:
And the goal is to get it done in a single day, right (for the sprints). I watched one of the televised adventure races, the ones multi-day ones, and some dude biking in a jungle where there really weren't trails or even single track to follow, impaled himself on a spear of wood when going over his handlebars. His lung collapsed, and it caused quite a bit of difficulty getting him out considering how far from civilization they were. Cost his team the win too...Is it true in the multi-day ones that you can afford to lose up to like 2 members of your team?

I am not sure about the multi-day events. the longest I have done is 4.5 hours. This year my team wants to do something in the 8-12 hour range in addition to several sprints of 3-5 hours.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Yossarian said:
That is an interesting race, unfortunately, it is a 4 person co-ed race and I am looking for races with 3 person all male team category.

It's a tough race. My friend is the female member of the team that has won it for the last 3 years.