Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today??
Another f'ing day at the office... at least today I have something semi enjoyable to work on. I've been working on this dead end project for about 3 weeks and now I have a change to a nice simple semi-fun project. Worst part about it is working with my f'ing boss on it. :)

Have a great day everybody!!!

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
morning all,

got back from Phoenix on Sunday and was able to spend the night and yesterday with my lovely fiancee who I missed.

Phoenix was good but it rained practically the whole time. Got to ride Hawes Mtn on Thursday and the Desert Classic on SoMo on Saturday. Saturday's ride was during a complete downpour (it started during a break in the rain) and I started to feel so guilty about riding the trails that I forced us to turn around.

It was great to see some old friends and drink some outstanding coffee.

what is this fun project?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
morning all,

got back from Phoenix on Sunday and was able to spend the night and yesterday with my lovely fiancee who I missed.

Phoenix was good but it rained practically the whole time. Got to ride Hawes Mtn on Thursday and the Desert Classic on SoMo on Saturday. Saturday's ride was during a complete downpour (it started during a break in the rain) and I started to feel so guilty about riding the trails that I forced us to turn around.

It was great to see some old friends and drink some outstanding coffee.

what is this fun project?
Just re-designing a golf course maint building parking lot.

I see it as fun because it's like a puzzle that you have to solve. See you have berms to hide the parking, drainage, parking spot depth, handicap parking, a well, steps, change in grade, trees, circulation that all need to be taken into account. If you can get it to all work well and still meet state and local guidelines you have a nice finished product.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Back at work today. Nothing exciting to report really. Weekend was kinda crappy. Planned on riding yesterday and then it snowed, I'm ready for winter to end. Ordered a bunch of tires yesterday from Kenda. I :heart: my sponsors. That's about it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Back at work today. Nothing exciting to report really. Weekend was kinda crappy. Planned on riding yesterday and then it snowed, I'm ready for winter to end. Ordered a bunch of tires yesterday from Kenda. I :heart: my sponsors. That's about it.
I ride on a pair of Kenetics (I think) I love them!!!

They were selling stuff at Mountain Bike Weekend last year so I picked up a set.

J

JRB

stosh said:

They were selling stuff at Mountain Bike Weekend last year so I picked up a set.
I think I am going to get some UST ones for my bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I think I am going to get some UST ones for my bike.
They are bad a$$ but kinda heavy. I run UST too.. is that the only way they come?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
GM everybody. Today is good so far. Got to run 4.5 miles this A.M. and outside too boot, not on the F'n treadmill. I was the second one in the office today and looking at a slow week from here.

edit: and I am eating Honey Nut cheerios in Lite Vanilla flavored yogurt. Yummy! :)

J

JRB

stosh said:
They are bad a$$ but kinda heavy. I run UST too.. is that the only way they come?
No - I have a non UST that I have never ridden in the garage. I like the tread on them though.

*good morning

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:

I got a pair of 2.0 Karma DTC's, 2 pairs of 2.5 Nevegal Stick-E's and a 2.35 Blue Groove/Nevegal combo in Stick-E

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
No - I have a non UST that I have never ridden in the garage. I like the tread on them though.

*good morning
yeah they are a beefy tire compared to what I usually run.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning,

Back at the office...very very strange to be dealing with customer-related issues today. Everything feels so petty and unimportant. Guess it would be bad to tell them that's what I think tho ;).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
I got a pair of 2.0 Karma DTC's, 2 pairs of 2.5 Nevegal Stick-E's and a 2.35 Blue Groove/Nevegal combo in Stick-E
Sweet.... why do you get sponsored?

I'm actually going to enter a race this summer... :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Good morning,

Back at the office...very very strange to be dealing with customer-related issues today. Everything feels so petty and unimportant. Guess it would be bad to tell them that's what I think tho ;).
I think you may have told me before but what/who do you work for?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo monkeys. Three day weekends go by too fast. Since my ride with Splat was cancelled yesterday on account of snow, I spent all day doing housework. YIPPEE.

Skiing Sunday was fan-friggin-tastic. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yo monkeys. Three day weekends go by too fast. Since my ride with Splat was cancelled yesterday on account of snow, I spent all day doing housework. YIPPEE.

Skiing Sunday was fan-friggin-tastic. :)
I heard Killington is trying to Succede (sp?) from Vermont and become part of NH, thats funny!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Sweet.... why do you get sponsored?

I'm actually going to enter a race this summer... :)
I race DH so it's actually my DH Team that's sponsored, not me specifically. Fortunately, they don't limit the tires you can get to DH specific though, so I picked some up for all my rides. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
I race DH so it's actually my DH Team that's sponsored, not me specifically. Fortunately, they don't limit the tires you can get to DH specific though, so I picked some up for all my rides. :)
ha, I had no idea raced DH. Where do you usually race?

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Good morning, this is my first post in this RM clasic series of threads.

I went in early to work to get some laptops ready for my crew to deploy today. For some bizare reason one of the clients wants Windows 2000 intsalled on one of the computers. Odd.

It's a Tuesday/Monday!

4 day weeks rule.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
I think you may have told me before but what/who do you work for?
A small company called TransACT. We help US school districts meet their federal and state requirements for communicating with families. It is extremely costly for a single district to translate every form and letter they send home into a language the parents/guardian can understand, so we translate the most commonly used forms, and then provide resources and tools to further their communication.
I manage the customer care department, administer one of the products, and am the implementation/training person for the company.

However, today it all seems rather silly. My boss won't be in for another hour, and I have to figure out how to make more people, who don't really care that much, understand the scratches all over my face. Yesterday ;) posting on RM, was kind of a trial run...hehe...getting better at telling the story with each go-round.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
A small company called TransACT. We help US school districts meet their federal and state requirements for communicating with families. It is extremely costly for a single district to translate every form and letter they send home into a language the parents/guardian can understand, so we translate the most commonly used forms, and then provide resources and tools to further their communication.
I manage the customer care department, administer one of the products, and am the implementation/training person for the company.

However, today it all seems rather silly. My boss won't be in for another hour, and I have to figure out how to make more people, who don't really care that much, understand the scratches all over my face. Yesterday ;) posting on RM, was kind of a trial run...hehe...getting better at telling the story with each go-round.
Bwahhhhhh isn't it annoying when people always ask questions.

I loved my one boss because not so much that he didn't care but he just didn't care to ask. One year I was playing baseball and caught a grounder at 3rd base in my eye. HUGE black and blue eye my boss never said anything.
The place I work at now you call in sick and everybody wants to know what happened for every minute you were sick for.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
How much you want for it? I'll trade you two slightly used panaracer fire xc's for it.
Uhm - those are already my tires, bitch. :nuts:

*I may actually run it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ummbikes said:
Good morning, this is my first post in this RM clasic series of threads.

I went in early to work to get some laptops ready for my crew to deploy today. For some bizare reason one of the clients wants Windows 2000 intsalled on one of the computers. Odd.

It's a Tuesday/Monday!

4 day weeks rule.
wow congrats on being in the GMT!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Uhm - those are already my tires, bitch. :nuts:

*I may actually run it.
I went from Panaraces to these. The Pan's were good and a tad lighter but I wanted to try something beefier.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I'd like to try some Panaracers sometime. But I think I may be picking up some more kinetics tonight in a partial sale/trade for my old univega road bike. Guy is giving me some $$ and some tires for the complete bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - I'd like to try some Panaracers sometime. But I think I may be picking up some more kinetics tonight in a partial sale/trade for my old univega road bike. Guy is giving me some $$ and some tires for the complete bike.
I have an old set with about 60% tread but they are a little dried out if you would like them.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
I liked the Panaracers XC Pros, but they just didn't have enough volume for me. Their 2.1's seemed more like 1.95's.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Morn'

Had a great 3 day weekend :cool:

Saturday: Rode one of the best downhill XC trails in the PNW with a great group. Afterwards ate JoJo's at Chervon :love:

Sunday: Made $568 ate the local bike swap meet. Made enough to cover my new purchases!

Monday: Rode about 17 miles on swoopy, tight, rocky single track.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hey MMcG I wanted to let you know that the Dark Horse 40 (at Stewart)will be allowing teams of 2 this year. 1 person per each 20mile lap is allowed! I think Aubrey and myself will be racing!! :)

You should enter!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
Morn'

Had a great 3 day weekend :cool:

Saturday: Rode one of the best downhill XC trails in the PNW with a great group. Afterwards ate JoJo's at Chervon :love:

Sunday: Made $568 ate the local bike swap meet. Made enough to cover my new purchases!

Monday: Rode about 17 miles on swoopy, tight, rocky single track.
Wow sounds like a good weekend! I'm jealous!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
hey MMcG I wanted to let you know that the Dark Horse 40 (at Stewart)will be allowing teams of 2 this year. 1 person per each 20mile lap is allowed! I think Aubrey and myself will be racing!! :)

You should enter!!

What's the Dark Horse 40?? The fastest to do two 20 mile laps is it? All trails or a combination of road/trail?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
good f'in morning. nothing going on here. fixing to go for my five mile run. i have been training for a marathon you know. last week, i tripped and fell at mile three. i broke my cd player, ripped my tights and skinned up both my knees pretty bad. i had to take a break for a couple of days because i could barely walk. slick huh? but i got the new Ipod shuffle out of the deal, and now i'm back in full force, dominating the road ways.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
good f'in morning. nothing going on here. fixing to go for my five mile run. i have been training for a marathon you know. last week, i tripped and fell at mile three. i broke my cd player, ripped my tights and skinned up both my knees pretty bad. i had to take a break for a couple of days because i could barely walk. slick huh? but i got the new Ipod shuffle out of the deal, and now i'm back in full force, dominating the road ways.
Sweet! What do you think of the shuffle?