Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HOw is everybody today?

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, I spent the day crawling around a basement and attic in an old building we're designing a renovation for.

I actually saw some tulips sticking thru the f'ing ground yesterday. That made me pretty happy.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh - missed ya yesterday.

I had a good night with my sons last night. Dinner at the Willmantic Brew Pub!

tonight I'm having dinner at some new restaurant in Vernon, CT called Acqua - I hope it's good. Hey it's a free dinner so that always rocks.

Sun is shining here this a.m. - looks like it is going to be a nice day.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Slow day here today. My son is sick, so I will be taking a half day and watching him this afternoon. Maybe he will let me play Mercenaries on the ps2 all afternoon. No strength workout in the gym today, since I need to go home, but I should be able to get some time on the trainer tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
so is the MKIII for your GF, or are you gonna ride this year?? :D
My GF has an almost new Trek Fuel so she's set. We've already started changing our eating habits and began exercising so we can race the Darkhorse 40 this summer as a team.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Tigg - does Elevate have any new 2005 Iron Horse rigs in stock yet?
Ya know what Mark, I may have been wrong yesterday. I think they dropped Kona to p/u Norco, and dropped Iron Horse to p/u Intense. I'm headed there in about 10 mins. so I'll let you know later today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
I sure as hell hope that spring is just around the f'in corner. I've got a nice 2004 Hollowpoint I'm itching to ride!
Sweet! I can't wait to show ya around Stewart.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
I'm down with that. I picked up a nice 2001 Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage 1 disc for Laura so Aubrey should have a female riding companion if we ride Stewart!
cool I'm sure aubrey will want to come then.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning, just mailed my taxes (ya ya, I'm slow to get stuff done this year)...
My anticipated highlights for today are:
Dealing with a customer trying to squirm out of their annual contract with us (fun stuff)
Dealing with a coworker who is driving the office mad with her demand that she and she alone should be given privelege to not actually ever have to do the work required for her job...
Testing the new guy for his competency in walking someone through how to post content to our site...

hopefully there's a bikeride at the end of the day today - Snacks mentioned a ride in my area - but I suspect I'll be down helping the parental folks pack...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Good morning, just mailed my taxes (ya ya, I'm slow to get stuff done this year)...
My anticipated highlights for today are:
Dealing with a customer trying to squirm out of their annual contract with us (fun stuff)
Dealing with a coworker who is driving the office mad with her demand that she and she alone should be given privelege to not actually ever have to do the work required for her job...
Testing the new guy for his competency in walking someone through how to post content to our site...

hopefully there's a bikeride at the end of the day today - Snacks mentioned a ride in my area - but I suspect I'll be down helping the parental folks pack...
Your parent's still aren't done moving?

Sounds like a fun day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
I might have to put this on the calendar.
I'm also waiting for massive snow meltage to ride my new bike.....a Felt F1. Sorry, I know it's a road bike, but it's new and it's just in time for spring!

The Cheese
it's ok! Congrats on the new purchase.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin! I've got ANOTHER 2hour delay. :evil: This time the roads are covered though. :p

Yesterday was a really good day for some reasons, had a delay but no bad roads driving to school, shorter classes, didnt' really do much in those classes except have time for work, then came home, my homework was easy, watched a few short bike videos, had dinner, then watched 24. It was awesome for some reason, lol. I'm hoping that today is just as good. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
YES! Bikeride today! You need to come to get warmed up for Tiger :) 4pm your work. Tell your parents you'll come down tomorrow!

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
MMcG said:
I sure as hell hope that spring is just around the f'in corner. I've got a nice 2004 Hollowpoint I'm itching to ride!
:stupid:

i felt fancy this winter and got 2 new bikes (because they were screamin' good deals and i'm irresponsible with money). picked up a Gunnar road bike and ultegra kit, and ordered a 5 Spot yesterday ( :drool: ). I've had the Gunnar built for a couple weeks now, but i don't want to take it out on the roads and get it all sandy and salty. hopefully enough snow melts by next week so i can ride it soon as it comes in.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
"Morn...
Limping around work today, did an "Arty-Johnson" fall Sunday.
Riding up into the fog, was a bit stuck in the pedals, just past this spot it get's steep & rocky,
was kinda tired, kinda wet, stuck the front tire & did what seemed a forever slow-motion fall.
Hit my upper thigh on a baseball sized rock. :mad:
Then I understood why I was feeling so tired during the ride, last night, no sleep
- getting that head cold everbody had at work last week (well everybody but me, now I'm sniffeling)...
Picture of one of the wet spots:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Smelly said:
:stupid:

i felt fancy this winter and got 2 new bikes (because they were screamin' good deals and i'm irresponsible with money). picked up a Gunnar road bike and ultegra kit, and ordered a 5 Spot yesterday ( :drool: ). I've had the Gunnar built for a couple weeks now, but i don't want to take it out on the roads and get it all sandy and salty. hopefully enough snow melts by next week so i can ride it soon as it comes in.
Can't wait to see photos of both bikes Chaz!

That kid still hasn't claimed his wheels I hope! ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Smelly said:
we're cleaning out the shop tomorrow and trying get rid of as much old stuff as possible. they're all yours!

Awesome!

Chaz if you see other stuff that you think would work good for a kid's 26" mtb, please set them aside for me.

Thanks so much again for all the help you've provided with my hollowpoint and my single speed (I think I need to take a few links out of the chain and/or get a proper tensioner for it).

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. I was out all day yesterday, getting tests done on my eyes in preparation for my laser eye surgery schedule for Thurs afternoon. :D I've never had my eyes dialated. Its quite weird. It was late afternoon when I had that done, and my eyes are still a bit dialated. I can function and reading's not a problem, but everything just looks...weird.

No riding this past weekend. I had plans to ride on Sunday, but woke up to a few inches of snow and VERY sloppy conditions. Ended up trying to rewire a bit of electrical in the house, and now instead of just one light not working in our bathroom (out of 2), both lights no longer work. I'm a freakin electrical genius. :rolleyes:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
YES! Bikeride today! You need to come to get warmed up for Tiger :) 4pm your work. Tell your parents you'll come down tomorrow!
I think you're this guy: :devil:

Sitting on my left shoulder whispering in my ear: bikeride bikeride bikeride!!!

:p

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
I think you're this guy: :devil:

Sitting on my left shoulder whispering in my ear: bikeride bikeride bikeride!!!

:p
Yep! Come on.......you know you want to ride! You know you need to ride! :love:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hooples3 said:
Mornin all , very new to this forum but you'll be seeing me around. I like what i see enjoy the day
welcome, new guy :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Mornin all , very new to this forum but you'll be seeing me around. I like what i see enjoy the day
Hey there! Good thing Toshi brought my attention to this post or I would have missed it. :)

Welcome to the Monkey.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Yep! Come on.......you know you want to ride! You know you need to ride! :love:
Mom's not answering her phone :rolleyes: lol, I can't like not show up until I at least talk to her :) - but if she doesn't call back, I'm in!