Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. I was out all day yesterday, getting tests done on my eyes in preparation for my laser eye surgery schedule for Thurs afternoon. :D I've never had my eyes dialated. Its quite weird. It was late afternoon when I had that done, and my eyes are still a bit dialated. I can function and reading's not a problem, but everything just looks...weird.

No riding this past weekend. I had plans to ride on Sunday, but woke up to a few inches of snow and VERY sloppy conditions. Ended up trying to rewire a bit of electrical in the house, and now instead of just one light not working in our bathroom (out of 2), both lights no longer work. I'm a freakin electrical genius. :rolleyes:
wow I really want lazer surgery but I'm scrred!!!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
wow I really want lazer surgery but I'm scrred!!!
I'm scrred, but more excited. I haven't been able to wear contacts since around 1990, so for me its glasses or nothing and I'm getting really sick of glasses.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
Stosh, how much snow down there? I'm headed to Kingston.

J
We're losing it SLOWLY but Kingston's probably got a bunch still.
You gonna ride?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
I'm scrred, but more excited. I haven't been able to wear contacts since around 1990, so for me its glasses or nothing and I'm getting really sick of glasses.
I'm pretty sick of them and contacts don't work well for me.

I think affording the procedure would also be hard for me.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
PonySoldier said:
Who are you having do the surgery?
I'm going with a Dr. Drucker who's located in downtown Denver. I don't know anyone who's used him before, but after visiting 3 offices and talking to 6-7 other places, he was the one I chose. He's been doing eye surgery for over 12 years and he came across as the most competent, knowledgeable and nicest of all the people I talked to. The surgery is taking place at Rose Medical. The have all the latest greatest equipment, including Custom Lasik (i.e. Wavefront), which is what I'm getting.

Stosh said:
I think affording the procedure would also be hard for me.
It ain't cheap, that's for sure. Luckily we did some smart investing this past year, so when that money came in, the wife immediately set aside enough to take care of this.

A lot of places offer payment plans. This might be something to look into.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
I'm going with a Dr. Drucker who's located in downtown Denver. I don't know anyone who's used him before, but after visiting 3 offices and talking to 6-7 other places, he was the one I chose. He's been doing eye surgery for over 12 years and he came across as the most competent, knowledgeable and nicest of all the people I talked to. The surgery is taking place at Rose Medical. The have all the latest greatest equipment, including Custom Lasik (i.e. Wavefront), which is what I'm getting.

It ain't cheap, that's for sure. Luckily we did some smart investing this past year, so when that money came in, the wife immediately set aside enough to take care of this.

A lot of places offer payment plans. This might be something to look into.
I couldn't imagine waking up in the morning and not having to put on my glasses.

How many years is it supposed to last for?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
I couldn't imagine waking up in the morning and not having to put on my glasses.

I'd like to do it too...haven't looked into it yet, but I cannot see two feet in front of me without contacts or glasses...and it's been that way since I was about 12. Sucks ass...I'll probably consider it later in the year.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:

It all depends on the individual. Most people never regress, but a few do. But, lazer surgery does nothing for the natural aging process of the eyes. I was told over and over again that lazer surgery can do nothing for the natural far-sightedness that occures as you get older. I was told that eventually I will need reading glasses and there's nothing that can be done about it. Currently, that's simply a fact of life.

I don't care. Currently without my glasses, anything over a foot away from my face is out of focus.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
pixelninja said:
It all depends on the individual. Most people never regress, but a few do. But, lazer surgery does nothing for the natural aging process of the eyes. I was told over and over again that lazer surgery can do nothing for the natural far-sightedness that occures as you get older. I was told that eventually I will need reading glasses and there's nothing that can be done about it. Currently, that's simply a fact of life.

I don't care. Currently without my glasses, anything over a foot away from my face is out of focus.

yeah a man here had it done but he uses reading glasses, but just for stuff up close. I'd still do it...I'm sure one day I'll need reading glasses anyway.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:

yeah my eyes are bad too.

Ever see that simpson's episode where they go to the future and Ned is blind from lazer surgery?

I think that still scares me.....

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
yeah my eyes are bad too.

Ever see that simpson's episode where they go to the future and Ned is blind from lazer surgery?
HA! Yes! That always cracked me up.

Don't worry Stosh. I don't think your eyes will REALLY explode after 10 years...