Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well I was at the F'ing Toyota dealership this morning again because apparently they didn't fix the problem even after I paied $500.
So now I'm waiting for a call about from the Service Manager. This should be interesting.

Anyway is it weird that I'm trying not to hear or read anything about the school shooting? It's just more proof that our society is going to hell in a hand basket.

Anyway it's f'ing nice out today, supposed to top in the low 50's today. I drove with my window open part of the way in this morning. :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
what a ride in this morning. The moon was HUGE!!!!!. even though it was 4:20 am, 32 degrees out and I had to go to work... it made my day. I love riding to work. and besides anytime my wireless computer doesn't stop working because its too damn cold out is a warm day

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo. Went to the gym last night. MBC got home early and rode the trainer for 30 minutes last night, which means she has now ridden more than I have in the last three months.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Last night we got a set of antique furniture, one sofa and chair, early 40's. They nedd a bit of TLC for the wood part, but the fabric is perfect. Was nice to fit a 78" sofa inside the Element :D

Today is goergous, we're going biking! :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin' all! Went home last night and went for a run. Just over 5k in 28 minutes. It's a start. Watched 24 and then Medium and then went to bed. Nothing planned for tonight I don't think? :think:

Tomorrow I'm finishing up the build in my HT with the brake/shifter cables and truing the wheels. If I get that done in the morning, she'll get her innaugural (sp?) ride tomorrow afternoon. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Put USE suspension seatpost on my single speed last night. I can't wait to get a ride in with it, I haven't had the leg strength to pedal the thing around until recently.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Had my second visit to the physical therapist. Riding with complete perfect circles...power in every centimeter of the pedal stroke is HARD!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Yo. Went to the gym last night. MBC got home early and rode the trainer for 30 minutes last night, which means she has now ridden more than I have in the last three months.
:eek:

didnt you say you'll be faster this year at Dalton????

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
Had my second visit to the physical therapist. Riding with complete perfect circles...power in every centimeter of the pedal stroke is HARD!
Is this therapy for your knee or some secret government location to mutate you into a cycling weapon of mass destruction?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - put a 99 Marzocchi Z1 set at 4" of travel on my Marin Single Speed last night and rode it a round a little bit in the dark. The steerer tube was just long enought to work with my Stem - phew! I bought the fork for a different bike that I am no longer going to get and that bike had a really short head tube. The fork felt pretty good. I need to take some links out of the chain - the derailleur that's being used as a tensioner tends to hit the chainstay when I go over bumps. Gotta correct that to get that silence that is so desireable on a SS.

Did some more cleaning around the apartment, and had some bbq chicken tenders and a Harpoon Hibernian Ale for dinner.

Not sure what's on tap for tonight.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
Morning , Played Hockey this morning, was a good workout , sucked was we only had one Goalie ( me ) . so I was kept quite busy .

Last night converted my Hard Tail to Tubeless tires, and also changed out the Indy C front shock with a Manitou 6

Let me know if you like the 6 better than the Indy C.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Westy said:
Is this therapy for your knee or some secret government location to mutate you into a cycling weapon of mass destruction?
Both :blah: I hope it works. What they are going over is all very interesting and even if it doesn't help my knee, it should make me even faster! :dancing:

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. I got stood up on a conference call from a cat that owes big dough to the company. I gave him too much information to digest. :rolleyes: I built Julie's Hope XCs on some new silver 317s last night.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I see..........how ya doing on your treadmill goal ?
I'm still running for 22 minutes three times a week, but I am not building up distance as fast as I thought I would. I am up to 2.1 miles in 22 minutes (I think I started at 1.65). What's frustrating is that my LEGS are holding me back, not my lungs. I do not suck wind at all, but my leg muscles burn like hell.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
On a brighter note I found a NYS/Orange County program that will match $3's to every $1 I deposit. They will give me up to $5000 of their money. Then using the Sonyma (NYS branch for low income home ownership assistance) I can pay less in closing costs and downpayment.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I Are Baboon said:
I'm still running for 22 minutes three times a week, but I am not building up distance as fast as I thought I would. I am up to 2.1 miles in 22 minutes (I think I started at 1.65). What's frustrating is that my LEGS are holding me back, not my lungs. I do not suck wind at all, but my leg muscles burn like hell.
Where does it burn?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco said:
Good f'n morning. I got stood up on a conference call from a cat that owes big dough to the company. I gave him too much information to digest. :rolleyes: I built Julie's Hope XCs on some new silver 317s last night.
Those sound like some pimpin and light wheels - where are the pics? ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
On a brighter note I found a NYS/Orange County program that will match $3's to every $1 I deposit. They will give me up to $5000 of their money. Then using the Sonyma (NYS branch for low income home ownership assistance) I can pay less in closing costs and downpayment.

NYS has some good first time home buyer programs! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

interesting............I feel like something is holding me back too, it's always been lungs/cardio, but lately my HR takes longer to get into (upper) zones and its pretty hard to keep it there.......and I dont get leg muscle burn, maybe it's just motivation??

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
interesting............I feel like something is holding me back too, it's always been lungs/cardio, but lately my HR takes longer to get into (upper) zones and its pretty hard to keep it there.......and I dont get leg muscle burn, maybe it's just motivation??
I have a real hard time getting my heart rate over 170 on the treadmill. In spin classes, I can get it up to 185.

J

JRB

MMcG said:
Those sound like some pimpin and light wheels - where are the pics? ;)
hmm - tonight I will get some up. I built them with 14g spokes so they won't be super light, but I am cheap.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good mornin....
Despite my best intentions, I have not yet caught up on sleep :(. Tried to crash by 9 last night, but I think I'm still plagued by the fear that someone did in fact break into my home two weeks ago, and is still hanging around...Really creepy. I'm super jumpy and last night kept bouncing out of bed every time I thought I heard noises at the window (and yes, I'm on the 2nd story of my apt complex :rolleyes: )

Oh well, tonight I get to ride, and the weather looks like it will be awesome. I kind of can't wait to move out of my current place into another where I own it and can spend any amount of money I want on my property to secure it.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
I bought the fork for a different bike that I am no longer going to get and that bike had a really short head tube..
You were going to get ANOTHER bike? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Which one was this? Does the 99 have the bolt-on arch? I might have an aftermarket arch around that allows for bigger tires, if you are into that kind of thing.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
You were going to get ANOTHER bike? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Which one was this? Does the 99 have the bolt-on arch? I might have an aftermarket arch around that allows for bigger tires, if you are into that kind of thing.

Yes I was but other unexpected costs got in the way of what was a really generous deal by a fellow Monkey on an older, but classic, FS rig.

The 99 does have a bolt on arch and a 2.3 Weirwolf fit in there last night so I think I'm good. IT also has a bolt on top crown. I'm running it on the Marin SS.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Lets See... The whole thing with my sister blew over(if you read the thread last night) and I got my drivers license. I'm heading off for some DH i think today, get to ride my Gemini for the first time all Winter. Then probley spend some time with my parents then see some friends, but thats about it.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I Are Baboon said:
In my shin muscles.
My shins always hurt/get tight if I try to control my stride by shortening my stride.

I ran a few miles on the road pushing the kiddos yesterday. I think the stroller and kiddos combined is nearly 90 lbs now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh boy... boss is upset.... AT EVERYBODY!!!

the rest of the day should be interesting....

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin' all! Enjoying my spring break hanging out at my house. Spent most of yesterday up in Denver at my grandparent's house then came down here and found it was snowing. Seems like its in the 50s today so I'll probably go riding. Not really too sure where though... :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Flippin Sweet

Because I wasn't notified about the rear wheel bearing on my car upfront they are now replacing it free of charge.
1-point for me!!!!!
Now I'm at like -302 points....