Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good F'ing morning!!

Having some friends over for dinner tonight so that should be nice. This area is pretty f'ing flooded this morning. Supposed to get warm and sunny later today and tomorrow we're supposed to hit 60 which will be a treat.

Hope ya all have a great day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be sunny and pushing 60. Sweeeeet. I went to the gym last night after a 5 day sick-induced break. I had a surprisingly good workout.

It's always nice when the first thing you hear from a coworker in the morning is "You sound terrible." Uhhhh...thanks!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Good f'in mornin everyone. :)

Went for my first xc ride in probably 3-4 years yesterday afternoon. It was awesome. Definitely a different experience to try and bike up climbs or technical climbs instead of hiking it like I usually do on my big bike. :p Supposedly the weather's supposed to get colder today with a chance of rain but it's seeming pretty nice so far. Was 70s yesterday and it's already about 50 and sunny. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be sunny and pushing 60. Sweeeeet. I went to the gym last night after a 5 day sick-induced break. I had a surprisingly good workout.

It's always nice when the first thing you hear from a coworker in the morning is "You sound terrible." Uhhhh...thanks!
Ya know I never told you how upset I was I didn't get to meet you when I was up there Thursday. I understand you were sick though....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone!

I found out yesterday that we got the apartment my girlfriend and I applied for in N.C. - it was our first choice apartment. Looks very nice. That, plus a new grill means we're going to buy some food tonight and a bottle of wine, and celebrate!

It seems to have stopped raining, finally...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Good f'in mornin everyone. :)

Went for my first xc ride in probably 3-4 years yesterday afternoon. It was awesome. Definitely a different experience to try and bike up climbs or technical climbs instead of hiking it like I usually do on my big bike. :p Supposedly the weather's supposed to get colder today with a chance of rain but it's seeming pretty nice so far. Was 70s yesterday and it's already about 50 and sunny. :D
Morning!! Glad to hear you're riding XC.

I've officially started dieting as of yesterday. Cereal in the moring instead of bagel and coffee, small lunch, and average dinner with no snacks. I threw out all the snacks in my house too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning everyone!

I found out yesterday that we got the apartment my girlfriend and I applied for in N.C. - it was our first choice apartment. Looks very nice. That, plus a new grill means we're going to buy some food tonight and a bottle of wine, and celebrate!

congrats man!

What did you think of the area when you went down to visit?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
stosh said:
Morning!! Glad to hear you're riding XC.

I've officially started dieting as of yesterday. Cereal in the moring instead of bagel and coffee, small lunch, and average dinner with no snacks. I threw out all the snacks in my house too.
It's a lot more fun than I expected.

Lol, I've somewhat started dieting, more just cutting out soda, and trying to eat less...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Ya know I never told you how upset I was I didn't get to meet you when I was up there Thursday. I understand you were sick though....
Yeah, it was a bummer that I had to bail. Sorry yo. Thursday night was my peak of feeling crappy though. MBC actually called Mark around 8:00 on her way home from work and was going to stop in and see you guys, but you had already left.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
It's a lot more fun than I expected.

Lol, I've somewhat started dieting, more just cutting out soda, and trying to eat less...
yeah thats my diet although I'm not a big soda drinker. I'm trying to make coffee just treat and not a morning ritual.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
'morning everyone!

Congratulations! The apartment allows grills? The last two I lived in did not (fire hazards :rolleyes: ).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, it was a bummer that I had to bail. Sorry yo. Thursday night was my peak of feeling crappy though. MBC actually called Mark around 8:00 on her way home from work and was going to stop in and see you guys, but you had already left.
oh dang it!!!
That would have been cool. I think my GF is convinced there aren't any mtn biker chicks.

splat

Nam I am
I also Got my Subie back from the shop yesterday . Blown Water pump, and they had to replace all the hoses , because they were looking pretty bad , and had a Tune up /oil change too. cost way tooooo much.

and I hate it when the Repair guy starets going on about the car is 9 years old and has 137K on it and starts saying well he 's not sure if it is worth it to fix it , etc ,etc . I can't afford a new car right , still paying off the wifes car.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
I think my lack of a GF shows there aren't any mtn biker chicks near me. :p
ha, well my GF didn't ride when I met her so I had her converted.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
I also Got my Subie back from the shop yesterday . Blown Water pump, and they had to replace all the hoses , because they were looking pretty bad , and had a Tune up /oil change too. cost way tooooo much.

and I hate it when the Repair guy starets going on about the car is 9 years old and has 137K on it and starts saying well he 's not sure if it is worth it to fix it , etc ,etc . I can't afford a new car right , still paying off the wifes car.
9yr old and only 137k miles aint bad.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Thats what I think ! I barely put 10 K a year on it. and I want at least 150K before retiring it ( and that should be right about the time the clutch wears out )
it's a standard huh? Did you have the water pump replaced before?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
congrats man!
Thanks!
What did you think of the area when you went down to visit?
Well, when we go down to visit in a week, I'll letcha know :D. We haven't signed a lease or anything so there's time to change our minds, but we've talked to plenty of people who've lived in or gone to college in the area and we're pretty confident.

I Are Baboon said:
Congratulations! The apartment allows grills? The last two I lived in did not (fire hazards :rolleyes: ).
Thanks. Not sure about the grill, I was thinking about this last night. I figure it doesn't matter too much, since it will get very heavy use this summer at the very least, and at the end of the summer I can give it to a friend/sell it/whatever. But I will be following up with them to find out if they allow it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Thanks!

Well, when we go down to visit in a week, I'll letcha know :D. We haven't signed a lease or anything so there's time to change our minds, but we've talked to plenty of people who've lived in or gone to college in the area and we're pretty confident.

Thanks. Not sure about the grill, I was thinking about this last night. I figure it doesn't matter too much, since it will get very heavy use this summer at the very least, and at the end of the summer I can give it to a friend/sell it/whatever. But I will be following up with them to find out if they allow it.
oh ok cool!! We're headed to NC at the end of April.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
Thanks!

Excellent!! Greenville in the springtime. Very nice. I hope the weather is nice for ya. Temps were mid 70's this past weekend down there before the rains hit Sunday. You bringing your bike? If so, definately give me a shout so I can hook you up with a Tar River Ride.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
F'ing wet out here too, Hudson River is over its banks....parts of the bike path along the river (which I sometimes ride) is flooded

doesnt look good for my planned xc ride in the pinbush tommorrow, maybe by thursday it will be dry enough

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
Excellent!! Greenville in the springtime. Very nice. I hope the weather is nice for ya. Temps were mid 70's this past weekend down there before the rains hit Sunday. You bringing your bike? If so, definately give me a shout so I can hook you up with a Tar River Ride.
No bike, unfortunately. We're taking three days off from work and making a long weekend, but two of the days will be spent traveling, we're supposed to hook up with someone that Jenn's friend knows, possibly hook up with the friend of a coworker... It's going to be a busy few days!

Plus, we're getting 4 free nights at the Hilton with a king bed, so... :sneaky: :evil:

I can't wait for the 70+ degree weather, though... and I will absolutely be dropping you a PM/email when I do have time for some riding. I really appreciate all the information you've given me about the area. The apartment community we were accepted to is Treybrooke - the accounts we've read about/talked to have indicated that it's very nice. Know anything personally? We'll be visiting before the lease is signed, of course.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
doesnt look good for my planned xc ride in the pinbush tommorrow, maybe by thursday it will be dry enough
Pinebush not dry enough!?!? Wow.

Mornin' all. Quiet night last night. Went for a run and then just chilled at home. My wife left for Chicago on a business trip this a.m., so it's just me and the kid for a couple days. Ice Cream for dinner tonight baby!!! :devil:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Mt. Bachelor here got 28" of snow in the last 24 hours! Woohoo - Good Tuesday Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Good morning all. Will be a pretty slow day here, boss in away on biz. Tonight I gotta de-grease the bike, then to the shop so they can box it up to send to Moab. So soon can't wait!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Good morning all. Will be a pretty slow day here, boss in away on biz. Tonight I gotta de-grease the bike, then to the shop so they can box it up to send to Moab. So soon can't wait!!
wow man awesome!!

I'm totally psyched to ride with you this summer. I know my GF is as well and I might have someone else to ride with us.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Heidi said:
Mt. Bachelor here got 28" of snow in the last 24 hours! Woohoo - Good Tuesday Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, OR gets the snow.

I'm moving to Portland at the end of May and while I'm going crazy to try to find work, I'd love not to start working until August or September so I can take the summer to explore as much as possible, ride my bike and shed these 30 pounds that have accumulated in the past five years of IT hell.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin. My parents took me to the Keg last night for dinner. I got a medium rare 9oz sirloin steak over ceasar salad with a tomato/basil salsa. :thumb:

I still feel full :dead: but it sure was tasty!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Buck Fever said:
Finally, OR gets the snow.

I'm moving to Portland at the end of May and while I'm going crazy to try to find work, I'd love not to start working until August or September so I can take the summer to explore as much as possible, ride my bike and shed these 30 pounds that have accumulated in the past five years of IT hell.
Ride to Bend! :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
The apartment community we were accepted to is Treybrooke - the accounts we've read about/talked to have indicated that it's very nice. Know anything personally? We'll be visiting before the lease is signed, of course.

Treybrooke!?? Awesome!! You'll love that place. I had a friend living there for a bit. He enjoyed his time there a lot. You'll be closer to the hospital area.....and close to some good paddling waters just down the road. You're just a hop away from the airport, and........a bonus........just a few miles from Vinter's resturant--a meat a two veggie place that serves the best sweet potato biscuits you've ever tried. Great sweet tea, too. You're on a good side of town there. Couple of really good BBQ joints down that way as well---B's, and The Barbeque Barn. You're also on the side of town that used to contain the Bicycle Post trails---a now defunct trail system that spanned over ten miles. It was closed for logging, but efforts are underway to try and slavage some of the area, and include some new stuff. Anyways....sorry to hear you won't be able to bring the bike, but if you need any suggestions on good resturants or fun stuff to do, just give me a holler.....