Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Heidi said:
Ride to Bend! :)
That would rid me of all 30 pounds in one go...my wife wouldn't recognize me when I returned. I told her last night that when we get there, I'm going to disappear for a week or two. I was out there in September and didn't exactly fall in love with the Bend area, but then again, I didn't have the time to do much exploring either. It seemed that most of the people working in the shops down town were pretty bitter. My strongest memory is of some guy in a girly T and hotpants. He was sort of dancing/traipsing around while half singing/yelling and cursing at people. Seriously one of the more interesting characters I've ever seen.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Buck Fever said:
That would rid me of all 30 pounds in one go...my wife wouldn't recognize me when I returned. I told her last night that when we get there, I'm going to disappear for a week or two. I was out there in September and didn't exactly fall in love with the Bend area, but then again, I didn't have the time to do much exploring either. It seemed that most of the people working in the shops down town were pretty bitter. My strongest memory is of some guy in a girly T and hotpants. He was sort of dancing/traipsing around while half singing/yelling and cursing at people. Seriously one of the more interesting characters I've ever seen.
LMAO - I've seen that guy! He does like a vogue type Madonna dance!

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Heidi said:
LMAO - I've seen that guy! He does like a vogue type Madonna dance!
That's him. I seem to remember he was even wearing some kind of tutu. He even openly whipped it out and took a squirt right on an outside wall of a coffee shop where I was admiring his dance moves. Definitely one of the strangest birds I've ever seen. He seemed a bit out of place in a relatively low key town. I saw some weird stuff in Providence when I lived there...he would almost fit in if it weren't for his total irreverence...those RISD art school kids don't sell it when they do it...it just comes off sort of hollow. This guy totally sells it.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Buck Fever said:
That's him. I seem to remember he was even wearing some kind of tutu. He even openly whipped it out and took a squirt right on an outside wall of a coffee shop where I was admiring his dance moves. Definitely one of the strangest birds I've ever seen. He seemed a bit out of place in a relatively low key town. I saw some weird stuff in Providence when I lived there...he would almost fit in if it weren't for his total irreverence...those RISD art school kids don't sell it when they do it...it just comes off sort of hollow. This guy totally sells it.
he was wearing a see through glittery type tank top and walking around rubbing his nipples and dancing when I saw him. I'm sure you will see worse in Portland. Seriously though, you should come over and ride sometime.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Heidi said:
he was wearing a see through glittery type tank top and walking around rubbing his nipples and dancing when I saw him. I'm sure you will see worse in Portland. Seriously though, you should come over and ride sometime.
It's gotta be the guy.

I can't wait to get to Portland. I've had quite enough of DC suburbia for my lifetime and I'll definitely PM you when I get settled and will come down for some riding. It would be great to get some beta on the trails down there. Heather is going to be busy with grad school for the next 15 months so I'm going to need to entertain myself and nothing interests me more than getting back in shape while having fun exploring our new home state.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
g'morning, :stosh:
Heidi said:
Mt. Bachelor here got 28" of snow in the last 24 hours! Woohoo - Good Tuesday Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and mt. baker has 16" fresh in the last 24 hours... methinks a weekend trip is in order :thumb: