Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

My office is going on an F'ing field trip again. We're going to the Jacob Javits center in NYC for the 2005 lighting show. It should be cool and I'll probably come home with some great key chains. :)

Other than that for the first time in 2005 I have my bike strapped to my car to ride after work. :(
Should be fun, I'm riding with a new guy from the company upstairs.

Have a great day everybody!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Have fun on your ride, Stosh! My bike has yet to see dirt this year. I've only been road riding (which is great to build leg endurance BTW). I did finally get a new derailluer yesterday, but the saddle I ordered has been discontinued. Nice of those fockers to tell me when I placed the order. :mad:

I'll probably go to the gym tonight. My legs are still very tired from the weekend. I was in bed at 8:30 last night.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Hey stosh!

Do you have any photo evidence that you're going "riding" ? ;)

Well since I had a snowday yesterday I'm just about ready to leave for school. Hopefully the snow melts today and tomorrow so the trails are clear on Thursday. :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Have fun on your ride, Stosh! My bike has yet to see dirt this year. I've only been road riding (which is great to build leg endurance BTW). I did finally get a new derailluer yesterday, but the saddle I ordered has been discontinued. Nice of those fockers to tell me when I placed the order. :mad:

I'll probably go to the gym tonight. My legs are still very tired from the weekend. I was in bed at 8:30 last night.
I was up till 11pm working on 3 different bike. My MKIII needed to have the bars cut, new grips installed. My Trek 8000 needed a rear der. cable and grips, and my GF's Trek Fuel 90 I can't get the front der. to work right for anything.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Hey stosh!

Do you have any photo evidence that you're going "riding" ? ;)

Well since I had a snowday yesterday I'm just about ready to leave for school. Hopefully the snow melts today and tomorrow so the trails are clear on Thursday. :p
Nope and I never do so get used to it. :)

I need to buy a cheap/small digi camera to take riding with me.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
I was up till 11pm working on 3 different bike. My MKIII needed to have the bars cut, new grips installed. My Trek 8000 needed a rear der. cable and grips, and my GF's Trek Fuel 90 I can't get the front der. to work right for anything.
I suck at derailleur adjustments. I actually printed out instructions on fine tuning a derailleur and I keep them in my CamelBak. I am not looking forward to installing the new one and having to tune it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! I'm back at work today after 4 days off. Yuck! Should be pretty quiet around here today though. Out at 6pm and then have to go to a wake. :( That's about it I guess...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh - have fun in the city and then on your bike ride.

Colder than it looks outside today. But still it's nice to see so much sunshine. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I suck at derailleur adjustments. I actually printed out instructions on fine tuning a derailleur and I keep them in my CamelBak. I am not looking forward to installing the new one and having to tune it.
I had the Fuel dropped off at a shop and he said he couldn't get the front der. set right. Then I had to replace the shifters so I had to re-adjust the front der. It's a top pul top swing and it's just a pain to get adjusted correctly. I bought a used XTR der off someone on RM, it looks in good shape but I might just buy a new LX front der. or something.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Stosh - have fun in the city and then on your bike ride.

Colder than it looks outside today. But still it's nice to see so much sunshine. :thumb:

thanks!!!

OH also last night I went to orientation to see about applying for some state/federal housing assistance grants. Seems like it will work fine for me. It was really strange because I had to go to this little store front in the downtown getto of Newburgh. I was in a class with a bunch of minority single moms. I fit right in!!! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
thanks!!!

OH also last night I went to orientation to see about applying for some state/federal housing assistance grants. Seems like it will work fine for me. It was really strange because I had to go to this little store front in the downtown getto of Newburgh. I was in a class with a bunch of minority single moms. I fit right in!!! :)

Take advantage of every program you can man. Renting sucks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Take advantage of every program you can man. Renting sucks.
hell yeah renting sucks!!
Hey if they're giving free money out I'll take it!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning.

Doing some work at the moment... otherwise trying to take care of the wife and kids. Gonna need a nap for sure today... maybe 2.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. Back from North Carolina.

Had a great time! The apartment community we were accepted to absolutely kicks ass[/b] and I really like the area. Found a really great park there with what looks like good fishing and lots of wildlife.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Morning.

Doing some work at the moment... otherwise trying to take care of the wife and kids. Gonna need a nap for sure today... maybe 2.
you at home?
How's the tike?
Did you know it was going to be a boy?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:

Had a great time! The apartment community we were accepted to absolutely kicks ass[/b] and I really like the area. Found a really great park there with what looks like good fishing and lots of wildlife.

pics?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:

When are you two moving to NC binary?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Glad to hear you had a good time, Binary. I was hoping like hell for some good weather for you guys. Nothing like Greenville in the spring. Did you get a chance to try out any of the resturants I suggested? :)

****Greyhound saunters out....confident that he's brought another Yankee over to the Rebel side****

:love:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
you at home?
How's the tike?
Did you know it was going to be a boy?
Yea, I'm at home. I took all week off... but I do a bit of work from home as the baby allows.

He's good... sleeps all day, up all night. Gotta work on that, but otherwise good. Yes, we did know it was going to be a boy.

What bike are you riding tonight... did you get your HP yet?

According to UPS tracking, I should have a few goodies ariving today - wheel, seatpost, and computer... so that should be cool (been a long time since I've ordered anything). At some point in time this week I've gotta take both my wheels to the LBS. Gotta have the new rim laced to my old hub, and I broke a spoke on the rear wheel last week during a ride, so I gotta have that fixed as well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Mark: Apartment lease will start on August 1

Let's see.. Pictures... Well, to start, here's a too-contrasty picture of the apartments that, in my haste, I let Photoshop auto-contrast. And I'm too lazy to go back and do it myself. So here it is anyway :D

VERY nice places. I'm extremely excited about this apartment - it's going to kick ass. I can't believe how cheap property values are down there.

Moving on, we have the ECU campus...

Also a nice place. There are 21,000 students there - it's a big campus. But nicely laid out, or at least central campus is. I'm told there's a lot of campus that's a little more spread out - I didn't go investigate.

The town commons has a nice little theater and some great places to go walk and sit or play frisbee. Here's a shot of the walkway next to the river. The river is very muddy but seems to support a huge amount of wildlife.

And last we have the Tar River Park North which I spent a lot of time at. Such a nice little place, lots of trails, looks like a ton of good fishing, and a lot of wildlife. I've never seen so many turtles in one place in my whole life. Lots of birds - I believe there were a bunch of cormorants, but they might have been antiguas (spelling?), I couldn't get close enough to see.

All in all, I really liked the place. Glad to get a confirmation of the good things I've heard about it.

Greyhound, if you check the thread this morning, thanks again for all of your help. We ate at Staccato's Bar and Grill and it was delicious! Mmm... Lamb Chops...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ahh, was too busy posting the reply and didn't see your posts, Greyhound. Yes, we did try Staccato's and it was excellent. Played some pool at Player's Choice which is in some severe need of new tables & balls but was fun nonetheless.

It was a good time. The weather was beautiful. My girlfriend and I were sitting by the pool in our bathing suits while everyone else shivered in long pants and long sleeves - it was frickin' 80 degrees out, when do people wear shorts down there?!

J

JRB

Good morning. I re-figured our taxes and we don't owe $607. We owe $112. yee-haw

*ain't no f'n about today.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Sweet!!!

Great pics!! Those ones of the campus really brought back a lot of memories---especially the one of the campus store.. Used to have an English class that overlooked that very picture. Hard to stay focused during the spring when all the short-shorts are in bloom!! Lots of ladies down there too......I know you noticed!!!

The one you took of the river is really cool. Used to ride my bike down there. Dunno if they're still there, but there used to be a lot of natural dirt mounds all over the park. Great place to get yer jump on, but the City got wise to that, and put wooden fences on top of the mounds. Bummer. We strapped together eight empty kegs from the Budwieser distributor down the road, put a plywood top on, and floated all the way down to Williamston one day from the very point where you took that shot. Hella fun.. Drunk as skunks by the time we got out---15 miles away. I think we abandoned the plywood, but had to bring the empty kegs back, or the distributor said he would break our legs!!! :nuts:

Glad you got to eat at Staccato's---tha place is the bomb!

Look forward to your arrival, Steph.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ended up putting a nice crack in the headtube of my road bike over the weekend, just riding along of course. Specialized should take care of it. Felt like crap over the past few days and have stayed home from work.

J

JRB

Westy said:
Ended up putting a nice crack in the headtube of my road bike over the weekend, just riding along of course. Specialized should take care of it. Felt like crap over the past few days and have stayed home from work.
Because the head tube cracked????

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Because the head tube cracked????

I feel like crap because of some viral thing. The head tube cracked because it is hard to build a 25lb road bike that can handle the power of a 155lb powerhouse like myself.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I feel like crap because of some viral thing. The head tube cracked because it is hard to build a 25lb road bike that can handle the power of a 155lb powerhouse like myself.
Hahahahaha - sorry you feel bad. I hope you feel better soon. I have kind of just felt dull for some time. I would like to feel 100%.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Did a little 5 mile Mt ride last night after work , Had to get distances between various points for Planning of trail maintance.

Played Hockey this morning before work, Fun As always.

IAB , SO Whats your Pleasure on Monday ? Hodges , Douglas , Rayburn , Other ?
SloMoJo is talking about joining us for a Slow ride ! since this will be his frist time riding since Knee/ACL surgury. so that should help Keep MBC happy and will garuentee it won't be a hammer fest.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning all! I'm back at work today after 4 days off. Yuck! Should be pretty quiet around here today though. Out at 6pm and then have to go to a wake. :( That's about it I guess...
I know the feeling :( What time are you planning on going? I am going to stop in on my way home from school...probably about 7pm. Not looking forward to it though :( Wakes really creap me out.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Westy said:
:eek: Hope you feel better. Good luck with your bike too. Hopefully there wasn't any crashing when the headtube cracked ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

My office is going on an F'ing field trip again. We're going to the Jacob Javits center in NYC for the 2005 lighting show. It should be cool and I'll probably come home with some great key chains. :)

Other than that for the first time in 2005 I have my bike strapped to my car to ride after work. :(
Should be fun, I'm riding with a new guy from the company upstairs.

Have a great day everybody!
:confused: Wait...you ride a bike :devil:

j/k But really, you might want to post up some pics ;)